Title: U.S. Sailors File Suit Against Fukushima Nuclear-Plant Operator
Source: Wall St. Journal
Author: Yoree Koh
Date: December 28, 2012
Eight U.S. Navy sailors who took part in rescue operations following last year’s devastating earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan filed a damages suit last week against Tokyo Electric Power Co.
[...] One of the eight sailors also named her daughter, born seven months after the March 11 disasters, as a plaintiff in the suit. [...]
The sailors claim they “must now endure a lifetime of radiation poisoning and suffering which could have been avoided.” The filing doesn’t specify the sailors’ medical conditions before or after March 11. [...]
In an October report, Tepco for the first time admitted it had knowingly avoided implementing safety measures to protect the plant.
See also: Navy crew members sue Japan over Fukushima cover-up -- "Irreparable harm to life expectancy" -- Gov't and Tepco conspired
Published: December 27th, 2012 at 11:11 pm ET
- Attorney: U.S. Marine may join Fukushima lawsuit — Navy clients have bladder problems not normally seen in younger people January 8, 2013
- Fox News: “So many US sailors coming forward” with symptoms after mission near Fukushima; “Strange lumps all over… he’d been poisoned with radiation”; Hemorrhaging, cancers, leukemia, tumors — Another 50 service members may join lawsuit December 20, 2013
- Paper: Navy sailors have experienced “great physical pain” after Fukushima radiation exposure says lawsuit — “Therapies such as chelation and bone marrow transplants” required December 28, 2012
- FOX News: “A Fukushima Fightback” — US Navy sailors say there was a conspiracy to withhold truth about radiation releases (AUDIO) December 31, 2012
- Navy crew members sue Japan over Fukushima cover-up — “Irreparable harm to life expectancy” — Gov’t and Tepco conspired December 26, 2012