Title: The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster – One Year Later
Source: Arnie Gundersen
Uploaded by: ChrisNolandTV
Upload Date: Apr. 18, 2012
At 27:22 in
The question is what are the various people calculating doses assuming for … cesium?
I’ve seen the Japanese assume that 99% was retained [inside the reactors].
There’s an Australian study out though that shows 90% was contained. That doesn’t sound like a lot but that’s in fact 10 times more cesium the Australians are assuming than are the Japanese.
Donate to Fairewinds here
Published: April 19th, 2012 at 9:33 am ET
- Study: Up to 47 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 released into Pacific from Fukushima — Nearly 50 times original Tepco estimate March 12, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima spent fuel has 85 times more cesium than released at Chernobyl — “It would destroy the world environment and our civilization… an issue of human survival” -Former UN adviser April 6, 2012
- Russian Study: Fukushima released 100 quadrillion becquerels of cesium into atmosphere… In just ONE day — About equal to Chernobyl’s total release August 29, 2013
- Japan Times: Over 150 dolphins wash ashore at multiple locations — 50 miles from Fukushima border — Could be largest mass stranding ever reported in nation’s history — Govt’ Expert: “The dolphins may have had psychological problems… We don’t see any immediate signs of cancer” (VIDEO) April 11, 2015
- Censored Japan gov’t scientist reveals much more radioactive material is leaking into Pacific from Fukushima than claimed by Tepco — It’s getting released outside of port’s barrier, directly into ocean — Officials refused to allow publication of study on sea contamination (PHOTO) September 27, 2013