Title: The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster – One Year Later
Source: Arnie Gundersen
Uploaded by: ChrisNolandTV
Upload Date: Apr. 18, 2012
At 27:22 in
The question is what are the various people calculating doses assuming for … cesium?
I’ve seen the Japanese assume that 99% was retained [inside the reactors].
There’s an Australian study out though that shows 90% was contained. That doesn’t sound like a lot but that’s in fact 10 times more cesium the Australians are assuming than are the Japanese.
Donate to Fairewinds here
Published: April 19th, 2012 at 9:33 am ET
- Study: Up to 47 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 released into Pacific from Fukushima — Nearly 50 times original Tepco estimate March 12, 2013
- *Developing* New University Study: Fukushima release estimates should be increased, especially for cesium-137 March 29, 2012
- AP Headline: “Japanese govt kept meltdown risk secret” — NISA spokesman replaced after letting it ‘slip out’ during press conference March 10, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima spent fuel has 85 times more cesium than released at Chernobyl — “It would destroy the world environment and our civilization… an issue of human survival” -Former UN adviser April 6, 2012
- Japan Times: Expert claims Fukushima boss not sick from exposure — “Much speculation that his illness was caused by radiation” — Tepco still not discussing details December 3, 2011