Times-Reporter, Nov 28, 2012:
A section of land the length of four football fields collapsed Wednesday afternoon leaving a gaping hole [...]
The collapse left about 70 to 80 feet of a 4-inch natural gas line exposed, and hanging [...]
[...] an Ohio Department of Natural Resources geologist was at the scene to assist in determining the cause of the collapse.
WTOV, Nov 28, 2012:
“I’ve worked for ODOT 16 years now and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said [ODOT District Deputy Director Lloyd] MacAdams. “This is very unusual situation. You would never think this pond would make it to the state route.”
19 Action News, Nov 29, 2012:
Dover Fire Captain Mike Mosser said that the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, ODOT and the gas company are working to fix the problem. The gas company has addressed an exposed gas line that is no longer a hazard to the surrounding community.
Published: November 29th, 2012 at 1:41 pm ET
- 30 foot long crack found in containment building at Ohio nuclear plant — Reactor was being replaced after cracks found on fuel rod nozzles (VIDEO) October 13, 2011
- Tree trunks in giant sinkhole covered with over a foot of black oil (PHOTOS & VIDEO) October 21, 2012
- Officials in Connecticut warn of giant 16-foot storm surge, with 15-foot waves on top of that — State’s nuclear plant directly exposed on ocean (PHOTOS) October 29, 2012
- Independent flyover footage of giant sinkhole: 19 weeks later we’re seeing quite a different situation! — Comparison photos December 29, 2012
- Report: Unusual foam-like bubbles covering parts of giant Louisiana sinkhole (PHOTOS & VIDEO) May 8, 2013