Published: February 16th, 2012 at 3:00 pm ET

Date: Feb 17, 2012

04:29 JST 17 Feb 2012 Fukushima-ken Oki M2.9 1
02:42 JST 17 Feb 2012 Fukushima-ken Oki M3.7 2
00:30 JST 17 Feb 2012 Fukushima-ken Nakadori M3.1 2
14:22 JST 16 Feb 2012 Fukushima-ken Oki M3.6 1

Published: February 16th, 2012 at 3:00 pm ET

1. Now 20 quakes centered in Fukushima beginning with M5.9 just over 24 hours ago — Consecutive M4.4s in last 30 minutes April 14, 2012
  2. 5pm ET: Three quakes hit Fukushima in last two hours — M5.2, M4.4 and M4.4 — Two at almost identical location and depth (MAPS) October 1, 2012
  3. M4 quake centered near Fukushima plant — Only 10km deep — Level 3 of 7 intensity in Iwaki (MAPS) January 18, 2012
  4. 4 quakes in 90 minutes near Fukushima — Began several hours after intensity 5- quake in Ibaraki February 19, 2012
  5. 6 more quakes hit near Fukushima in 2 hours — Consecutive M4.5 and M4.6 in same location just offshore Daiichi over last 15 minutes April 14, 2012

78 comments to 3 quakes in Fukushima over 4 hours — Latest occured 30 minutes ago centered 15km from plant at depth of 10km

• CaptD CaptD

EQ's + H☢T Corium(s) + Ground water = Fissioning

Fissioning + Time => radioactive steam releases => Black Dust

• maax maax

Hello

I've developed a Firefox extension to check the earthquakes directly in your browser.

Since the earthquakes happening near Fukushima are big concern, especially for the pool above the reactor 4, I thought you might be interested by this add-on and decided to share it with you.

It's possible to define areas where you wanna check the earthquake and for each areas a minimum magnitude above which you want to be alerted. As an example, I defined concentric areas around the plant with growing magnitudes for the largest areas. Thus, you get alerted of any significant earthquakes around the plant, within minutes.

You can install the extension here:

Don't hesitate to post feedback here or ask for any questions.

Hope you like it…

max

• egeland14

Reactor 1- Boom
    Reactor 2- Boom
    Reactor 3- Boom
    Tepco- Silence, shaky shaky

This is normal ground shaking?

• the yeoman the yeoman

check out the webcams the morning is breaking and its snowing…fyi if you crank up the sound on the long shot (TBS/JNN) you can hear the rain, wind, a voice, a dog barking, birds. A sense of place

• or-well

SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL
    Well you built those plants
    the quake went rattlin' through,
    yeah you built those plants
    the quake hit and they blew,
    I believe to my soul
    that's what you knew they'd do.
    SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL
    Well you built those plants
    the target of giant waves,
    yeah you built those plants
    sayin' it's stong and brave,
    but not one of those plants
    your beliefs can save!
    SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL
    Nuclear power
    is diggin' us all a grave,
    Nuclear power
    is throwin' us down a well,
    well we won't stop
    'til we send them all to Hell!
    SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL!

based on Joe Turners' song
    Shake, Rattle and Roll.

• CaptD CaptD

We are now are being ruled by those in Nuclear Denial*; instead of by Leaders that demand an end to the Trillion Dollar Eco-Disast­er RISK that Nuclear poses to mankind! The nuclear industry is fighting tooth and nail to maintain it's market share; yet NOW Solar (of all flavors) is far less costly to construct, faster to construct and carries with it N☢ Nuclear radioactiv­e baggage that can kill a Countries economy and or those living nearby!
    Ask The Japanese!

*Nuclear Denial
    The illogical belief that Nature cannot destroy any land based nuclear reactor, any place anytime 24/7/365!

• Anthony Anthony

Special Fukushima Session at 2012 Ocean Sciences Meeting
    Science Codex
    The March 11, 2011, earthquake, tsunami, and subsequent radioactivity releases from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plants resulted in the largest accidental release of radiation to the ocean in history. In a special session on Tuesday, Feb.

• bleep_hits_blades

Nice lyrics, Or-well; now you need a music composer and get yo'selves on You Tube!

• bleep_hits_blades

Or in this case just a music group to perform it…

• or-well

Hi bleep – Question – you posted today, talking about denial, and you mentioned the example of kids in abusive households, and their emotional/psychological survival mechanisms.
      I know this is off topic, but have you heard of Alice Miller or read her work?
      Your comments made me think you had.
      It sort of applies here, because she speaks of the act of being a witness, a non-judgemental validator of anothers' experience.
      Maybe another way for the nuclear-aware to respond to denial.
      I'm trying to think about this from different directions.
      I don't do Millers' work justice, not in so small a space, not being completely familiar with it.
      Just curious.

• They desperately need a 12 step group and find a renewable energy sponsor.

• @Or well. What a relevant deep point! The Gita says you should be having an equipoise between the pairs of opposites!Thus you must be a just validator even of yourself.

• or-well

Ramaswami, exactly, and that's one thing I think Millers' work says, that the conditioning to Authority kids receive obstructs becoming a "just validator" of themselves.
          Thank you for framing that point so succinctly!

• StillJill StillJill

Indeed,….that's a VERY long journey-becoming a 'just validator even of oneself'! Almost 50 years it took me to stand up for myself. I wrote a manuscript, "Out From Under The Ether",…never published (yet), but it was like being born through a cocoon, quite the struggle. More like crawling out of a burl knot!

Back to FUKU and TPTB,…..it has occurred to me that many of us are feeling a new frustration. I know I am. What I think I'm 'feeling', is that 'we' seem to be up against two different 'sorts'. One,…the 'ostrich people', and two, the 'fish-heads', I'll call them.

Now I see that perhaps some of the folks I thought were 'ostrich people', might in fact be 'fish heads'. I am in co-cohabitation with another one I am afraid. Very much the misogynist,….charming and 'normal appearing',….but their scales (reptilian),…always slip out,…….

• StillJill StillJill

That's a tough one or-well. Being a silent witness to another's harmful experience! Much like a therapist who is not codependent.

Me,…I get all bloodied up!

• or-well

StillJill, I'm not sure about the "silent" part. Anyway, you can always google her up.
      There's a lot that could apply to our response to authority generally, IMO.
      That may apply particularly well in Japan.
      It's not all about overt abuse. There's subtle ways the selfhood of any child is denied, even in benign families, setting them (US!) up to respond to any mode of authoritarian expression.

• bleep_hits_blades

Or-Well, I really don't have the answer as to how to 'reach' people who are in denial.

From all I have read, and from my own experience, making these deep changes in our minds and awareness TAKES TIME. It also takes WILLINGNESS – wanting to change, being open to having been wrong, mistaken, misguided. It requires a certain leisure, and I think, being in a safe enough place that you can venture out a bit from the guarded stronghold of ego. However – desperation, crisis, can be a spur to growth.

A facilitator to this introspection and growth in awareness can be 'the blessed herb.'

That's part of what makes me a pessimist – how long it's taken me and I am smarter than the average bear and sort of socially outside the pack so in that sense have had nothing to lose, having lost it already. But maybe now people will be able to wake up more quickly. The whole 'vibe' now really is – Wake-up-you/we- been-HAD!

• or-well

Well bleep, your second paragraph of 9:49pm sounds similar to Millers' work.
      The whole thing of denial could very well be deeply linked to the way we are trained to respond to authority in childhood.
      In turn, this could apply to the current vibe, the difficulty folks have in acknowledging "we been HAD!"
      It could also apply to the nuclear "enablers" who may be working for even more dangerous, manipulative psychopaths.
      You see, I think there are some connections that are more than incidental/accidental.
      Our general denial is, to some extant, culturally ingrained.
      I don't know how to reach the "I don't WANT to know!" adults. I just think maybe there are clues in Millers' work. More time in a day would be nice.

• StillJill StillJill

Wow, or-well, this made me think of your conversation about Miller's work, which I looked into. This is Dr. Keith Ablow today, speaking about the Head of Media Matters, "Brock"…(Soros's guy)—",,,it is also the story of despots and dictators and even cult leaders throughout time.

They, too, began life full of all the promise of childhood, and fully worthy of love, but it was withheld from them, in one traumatic way or another. And they came to believe they were deeply flawed, perhaps irreparably so, and fled from that core fear all the way to tapping into the projected self-hatred of others and perpetrating terrible destructiveness.

Fame and power are nothing more than intoxicants when they come from anything other than genuine self-regard and real beliefs.

• StillJill StillJill

Gosh,…I have always hated the "Blame Mommy and Daddy defense",…but DANG! Maybe these are little unloved MONSTERS!
          Still,…doesn't change a thing,….unless they are reachable,…they are DEADLY DANGEROUS!

• or-well

StillJill, it's food for thought.
            The "blame the parents" theme can be much too narrow, when the parents are links in a chain that includes THEIR parents, their parents parents and prevailing cultural attitudes.

As with most things, there are degrees.
            Not everyone is like the person in that article. But with few exceptions all of us are conditioned and specifically, in regard to our relationship with Authority, are subject to generally prevailing attitudes that color our conditioning.

It does appear that, for the Japanese, there is quite a weight of conditioning that makes challenging authority, at any level, difficult.

But we kid ourselves if we think we are not also considerably influenced.

As others comments show, how we get to a place where we CAN chew on the "Matrix" seems to be a very individual journey.

What I think is so relevant about Millers' work is that it seems to offer ideas for raising a generation less "victimisable" and less accepting of being "had".

Goodness to monkees I'm no expert !!
            My own journey has had many less-than-mainstream influences and I've always felt a questioning interest in what the "big picture" is.

• many moons

We've been conditioned to believe thta everything we to know comes and will come from the television. Just like a horse runs past the flames of the burning barn and hides in it's stall, people will cling to the notion that if we are not told of a risk from the news or tv, it isn't a problem. If people say something contrary to TV info…it's conspiracy from a poor confused mind.
      911 happened in the day, it could have happened at night. We were able to see film after film of the buildings falling. Yet the media was able to convince 99 percent of the world that a plane hit the building not and explosion, although the explosions we visible. Perhaps it was a test to see how much the media controlled our minds.

• Maslow's hierarchy of needs – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs
      Maslow's hierarchy of needs is often portrayed in the shape of a pyramid, with the largest and most fundamental levels of needs at the bottom.

First, survival is all one can think about..

Then, once basic human needs are met, the rest is possible.

We all have different definitions about this..

Many hundreds of millions these days, (possibly billions) say religion is the top of the pyramid.

I have a feeling that many are transcending religion and finding their own way into self actualization, outside of the boxes that define religion, business, politics, society, normal, etc.

• StillJill StillJill

Oh ABSOLUTELY,…Love Maslow's hierarchy of needs!
        I agree whole heartedly that whom 'we' may have THOUGHT occupied the upper areas,….'Self Actualization',….are in actuality, down near the BASE,…'SECURITY',..(level 2) Living in fear, white knuckling it ALL THE WAY! (Poor slobs!)

• StillJill StillJill

And to your greater point,…I'm loosing it here friends,…is that some ARE becoming more FREE than I ever conceptualized possible! "Self-Actualization" is springing up everywhere. I see it in Suzanne Summers, Mike Adams (Natural News), Dr. Group, all in the Alternative fields. I see them breaking out in hardy blooms,…while the world dies.
          I want what they have,….and I'm quite willing to work hard for it.

• StillJill StillJill

Yes Blades,…I agree, there is an air of "we've been had". Ran into a few friends yesterday who are in the medical field. One gal is Labor and Delivery. They are seeming like they're acquiring a 'tic',…not literally,…but no eye contact. Shifting body language, bleary eyed, nervous,…..and definitely wanted away fro me and my talk of Fuku. I know these ladies,…they are NOT HAPPY at all, or doing well. Very incongruent!

• The medical/Big Pharma/Radiation profession is a top down hierarchy, ruled by money and power. It is an example of a fully functioning monopoly, with no competition allowed.

The current generic drug 'shortage' may be an example of how far they will go to keep this structure in place, and how low cost, or free competitors are eliminated or throttled.

Most of the world market right now is made up of monopolies;

Oil
      Coal
      Nuclear
      Gas
      Medical
      Drugs
      Money
      Media
      Diamonds
      Military Industrial Complex
      Political Dualopoly
      et al the rest

Most large companies and associated monopolies are FULL of people who follow the 'rules' and obey a top down authority figure.

What does it take to claw your way to the top of one of these top down, dog eat dog, anything goes companies?

For a possible answer, watch this video; I Am Fishhead..

Bottom line, love is hard to find there..

We all need to get back to living in our hearts. This will fix all problems caused by getting out of our hearts, building walls around the heart and ignoring what is going on there.

• Love is found everywhere actually, but only certain accepted kinds of love.. conditional love. If we do this, I will give you paper to meet your needs, but I will quit giving you paper if you say the wrong thing, or if you object to doing things my way.. This is one way monopolies hold onto power. They use love to keep control and dominate others.

Unconditional love is what is hard to find. That is the territory of God, or ???? after death maybe, but certainly not here on Earth, in our lifetime…

Agape love is what we all seek, and substitute money, power, possessions, shopping, drugs, and a long list of addictions to fill that empty hole inside.

Yet, could it be that we all are searching for is inside of us? Maybe what we are looking for outside, is actually in the last place we would ever think to look, INSIDE.

• StillJill StillJill

Yes,…like the "Yellow Brook Road",…the road comes back home to the heart. 'We' had the answers all along,…but sadly didn't know it.

Some realize *this* before it is too late. Most do not,…doubly sadly.

• Bobby1

The Kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then shall you be known, and you shall know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if ye do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty. – Gospel of Thomas

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

You forgot 'food' in your hierarchy. Do not forget that Monsanto wants to actually patent life and has succeeded in doing so.

• bleep_hits_blades

Well, denial can take a lot of work, can't it? It can be a taxing occupation.

We ARE BEING HAD. Oh how they laugh at us, how easy we are to control, how most of us just believe what we are told and couldn't think our way out of a wet paper bag, in the rain, on one of our better days.

The only ones who can raise the public awareness out of the farm animal mentality are people like us.

But how to do it is the question I guess. We just keep casting our pearls before the swine (metaphorically), looking for the one who is 'ripe' and will say – Hey that's interesting… tell me more.

• @bleep_hits_blades
      February 16, 2012 at 10:06 pm
      Very relevant excellent thought. It is a beautiful issue for beautiful minds.
      Another situation comes to my mind re selection of the hardy among species variations of plants. They plant the seeds in different places with different endowments and select that which sprouts in pebble bed environment with water!

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

What always surprises me is that people are apparently willing to sell the health of their children and grandchildren and the beauty of the natural world for money.
      "When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
      ~ Cree Prophecy

• many moons

Not to mention….with the money one gets from destruction of these things…they could not turn around and buy these items with that money….any fool would know it's not a good deal.

• or-well

Hey, who's snooping on me?
    Yesterday, I checked song lyrics on two sites.
    Today, those same lyrics are unavailable due to licensing restrictions.
    Now, the lyrics to the SAME song but by other artists are still available, on those sites.
    The lyrics to the same song by the same artist are available elsewhere.
    Weird.

• StillJill StillJill

or-well,….have you ALREADY gotten your name on, 'The LIST'?

Wow,…that will become 'record time',…in my book!

Well done,…well done indeed! :-)
    (Oh, and 'sorry')

• or-well

Well, StillJill, if that's the case, "they" aren't doing a very good job.
      It's just so odd that yesterday "licensing restrictions" didn't apply and today they do…except they don't for the same song by the same artist on another site.
      I'll try again later.

• StillJill StillJill

I'm noticing strange "copy infringements", "Oops, that's restricted material",…all wanting to be paid, or? These are things I used to have ease 'borrowing',…not anymore. I have noticed it only very recently. Part of the crackdown they truly do want to make, I think. I don't think they'll win this one,…the internet is still THE PEOPLES!

God must have brought 'it' about! My opinion only.