Published: November 25th, 2012 at 10:52 am ET

Title: Report on the “Learn from Chernobyl” tour in Japan
Source: ERF2012
Date: Nov 25, 2012

At 15:30 in

Ms. Kazuko Kawai, Founder of Voices for Lively Spring: Shizuoka [350 kilometers SE of Fukushima Daiichi] is also contaminated. And I’m personally from Shizuoka. When I’m there for 3 months or 4 months, I start getting very sick. Last February, I started bleeding in the nose. I have to go out of Japan for 10 days to get recovered. So there is a health problem in Shizuoka as well.

Watch the video here

Published: November 25th, 2012 at 10:52 am ET

32 comments to 350 km from Fukushima: I get very sick when there for 3-4 months — Had to leave after bleeding form nose — “There’s a health problem in Shizuoka” (VIDEO)

• Mack Mack

According to a chart from ratical.org,

nose bleeds occur during radiation exposure of 250-600 rems(whole body)

• Their chart is based on short term (time) exposure.
      (pretty sure)

Long term low dose 'fluctuating' exposure we don't really know, except to say that it's not good. (obviously)

What 'low dosing' does and how different people are effected we will no doubt find out in the coming months and years.

I did find this paragraph very interesting.

NOTE:
      " By sharpening our perceptions more subtle radiation effects can often become observable where once they went unnoticed."

"For example, a series of X-rays received by a young child may cause temporary depression of the white blood cells, and ten days to two weeks after the exposure the child will get influenza or some other infectious disease. Ordinarily the parent views the two events as unconnected."

I did not know that. Wow!

• jec jec

No info on children and xrays..but in dogs.. We tested male dogs' sperm levels pre and post hip xray. The sudden drops in the animals from over 1M to under 300,000 was a shock. And the results were found after just one xray. Levels came up several months later..but the test was eye opening. We are now shielding our dogs during xrays. One example, but think about it, and what could happen to our children. Just saying..

• or-well or-well

CALLING anne! Or anyone.
    Hamaoka nuke plant is in Shizuoka.
    Anyone have info on releases, other than what's on Wiki?

• or-well or-well

Thanks anne! More thoughts on Shizuoka. I don't know if debris-burning there was eventually given the go-ahead, but whether it was or wasn't, there's a bunch of reactors on the opposite coast, at Tsuruga, Mihama, Ohi and Takahama. Upwind, at least in winter.
    Fukushima has rightly drawn a lot of attention, but Japan is so riddled with nukes I find it hard to believe baseline radioactivity almost everywhere hasn't been affected, as well as people's health.

• PraisingJesus(Eashoa’ M’sheekha) anne

I read one comment after a video on youtube that said that Japan was all underwater 11,500 years ago. With the ocean rising, and all the NPPs next to the ocean, there is only tragedy ahead. The horrible people who say that nuclear power is the answer to climate change are as usual saying the opposite of the truth.

Psychopaths have to keep on killing even if it means their own deaths.

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi anne

They know that they breathe the same air as we do, so that explanation answers my question. Thanks

• PraisingJesus(Eashoa’ M’sheekha) anne

WindOrSolarPlease. I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that they think that only they will be reincarnated as the privileged few. An unfounded belief because the world will be covered in radiation. I think they believe that they will then be able to handle the radiation. Again completely unfounded.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

Poison that makes the world sick, is what nuclear is.

• sunpower

Thanks to Anne for all the info on Hamaoka. WE learned that they have had damaged fuel rods there already. Maybe the venting from 'episodes' at the site is what makes people sick there, more than Fukushima?
    I learned too that recently some sea water ruined a reactor. That is great news for the people in that area. I remember after Daiichi melted, but before Tepco admitted what was happening, they sent sea water into the reactors saying it was in desperation because to do so would ruin the reactors. If sea water is the answer, there is a way out of doubt today, to pump in sea water to all the reactors in Japan immediately to prevent any accidents from happening, which only salt water can do. If the rust shuts them all down, the safety margin will be like never before. I bet the sickness in Shizuoka lets up following the sea water nukular enema.

• Weeping Lulu Weeping Lulu

On same page for current totals of rads in water.

• stopnp stopnp

They're not smiling enough.