Follow-up to: Now 35.8% of Fukushima children have thyroid cysts or nodules -- 13,646 do and 24,468 don't
— FRCSR (@FRCSR) July 15, 2012
Title: Fukushima Children’s Thyroid Examination: How Shunichi Yamashita would like doctors to deal with the results.
Source: Fukushima Voice
Date: May 4, 2012
Although Shinichi Suzuki, M.D., insisted that these ultrasound findings are “mostly normal” and commonly found in children, the study co-authored by Shunichi Yamashita, M.D., in 2001 revealed that normal children in Nagasaki had 0% nodules and 0.8% cysts on ultrasound.
We evaluated the incidence of childhood thyroid diseases and urinary iodine levels in Nagasaki, Japan and in Gomel, Belarus, which was greatly radio-contaminated by the Chernobyl accident
thyroid screening by ultrasound (US) in Nagasaki revealed only four cases that showed goiter (1.6%) and two cases (0.8%) that had cystic degeneration and single thyroid cyst. There was no evidence of thyroid nodule detected
The incidences of goiter (13.6%) and echogenic abnormality (1.74%) in Gomel [near Chernobyl] were much higher than in Nagasaki [...]
Published: July 15th, 2012 at 12:19 pm ET
- Now 35.8% of Fukushima children have thyroid cysts or nodules — 13,646 do and 24,468 don’t July 15, 2012
- People from Tokyo area report thyroid cysts and nodules — Japanese doctors laughing at patients (VIDEO) November 30, 2012
- Translator Chokes Up: Japanese mother of 2 kids with thyroid cysts says “I couldn’t stop this, I couldn’t save my children this time… but I have to stand up and stop it” (AUDIO) November 26, 2012
- Fukushima Mothers: Daughter has so many thyroid cysts doctor can’t count them all — Hospital told not to test kids November 5, 2012
- Feature documentary on Fukushima kids with newly discovered thyroid cysts and nodules January 27, 2013