Published: November 18th, 2011 at 7:14 pm ET

Quake blamed for 451 later deaths, The Yomiuri Shimbun, Nov. 19, 2011:

In prefectures affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake, including Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima, 451 people have been recognized by local municipalities as having died due to physical deterioration triggered by the disaster as of the end of October, it has been learned.

As municipal governments have finished examining less than half of the 1,184 applications for such recognition, the number of deaths recognized as resulting from the March 11 disaster is expected to increase dramatically.

These cases are different from deaths in which people were killed directly by the earthquake and tsunami, such as in the collapse of buildings. The later deaths are defined as being indirectly caused by long-term fatigue and worsening of chronic diseases under the stress of living as evacuees. [...]

See also:

Published: November 18th, 2011 at 7:14 pm ET

1. Yesterday: Japan doctor warns of post-Fukushima fatigue disease — Today’s Headline: Fatigue proving fatal for evacuees July 12, 2012
  2. TV: “Growing problem in Fukushima” — “Healthcare workers trying to shed light on a silent killer” — “We’re seeing more and more people with physical conditions and diseases” (VIDEO) July 3, 2014
  3. Yomiuri: ‘Nuclear reaction’ can be triggered when removing melted fuel from Fukushima plant January 23, 2013
  4. UN official back from Fukushima exposes nuclear cover-up: “Large number of different cancers and other diseases” after Chernobyl are not reported — Tells Japan to pay attention (AUDIO) December 3, 2012
  5. “Serious concern” over long term health consequences from Fukushima disaster — New Study: 8 times more cancer deaths than predicted January 25, 2013

69 comments to Yomiuri: 451 deaths “due to physical deterioration triggered by the disaster” — Number expected to increase dramatically — From “long-term fatigue and worsening of chronic diseases”

• Anthony Anthony

Fukushima ‘not obstacle’ to Japan business: PM

Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said Friday that the Fukushima nuclear disaster was no longer “an obstacle” to business in Japan.

• Captain Quark Captain Kirk

Japan is now exporting glow-in-the-dark nightlights that don’t require batteries or plugging in……..

• Whoopie Whoopie

TAKE ONE LOOK AT HP TO REALIZE:
    we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO screwed. There is NOTHING IMPORTANT on the front page!

Just finished Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the US” 2010
    This, everything we’re witnessing…has been going on in the US since the beginning. I’ve never felt more ashamed…
    EVERY LEADER has been a corporate TOOL!
    WE ARE SO SCREWED. No fucking wonder the MSM is ignoring Fukushima. It means NOTHING…ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to those in power.
    Next up: WAR WITH IRAN
    SHUT INTERNET DOWN

Zinn’s closing QUOTE”
    “Behind every fact, presented to the world – by teacher, the writer, anyone – is a judgement. The judgement that has been made is that this fact is important.­..and that other facts, omitted, are not important.­”

• I agree that Zinn’s work is excellent.

Have you read Naomi Klein’s shock doctrine? We are living it now.

Confessions of an economic hit man by John Perkins is also good.

Even Arnie in his latest interview stated that the government of Japan has ranked the welfare of its people last.

The US and Canada are following the same priority structure.

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi majia

I agree wit you they are all putting the welfare of it’s people last.

They have put us all in danger with Nuclear Power and drilling oil in our oceans.

• Captain Quark Captain Kirk

I have to disagree, next up WAR with China, the US has no way to pay back its debt and will default. US troops are being stationed at Pine Gap in the Northern Territory, Australia and other strategic places around Australiasia.

Russia backs China, North Korea enters at a later date as an excuse to invade Japan. England backs the US after a while, most of Western Europe tries to stay neutral but ends up taking sides with England and the US. Australia looks on in bewilderment, global economy collapses. Eventually enough nuclear fallout to make Fukushima look like Christmas tree.

My advice? enjoy the good times while you can, and stock up on food, alternative energies, and lots and I mean LOTS of guns and ammunition….. Enjoy your day!

• Oh i thought war against Iran was first–though I think China and Russia might back Iran.

Not sure survival in such a future is possible even with food and amno. How much food can one store?

The biggest problem is water! The formula is 1 gallon per person per day (minimum) in AZ.

We are headed off a cliff fast and 95% of the population is asleep still!

• Captain Quark Captain Quark

Iran? that’s been on the table now for ages, remember some years back the mass movement of military equipment and personnel for invasion into Iran that never happened? I’m not sure what the US did but Australia went underway. This never eventuated though, I think Iran placated the US back then. This is not to say it wont ever happen, just that small wars are costing the US more than they can afford…..

I included water when I said food sorry, although a good solution would be excellent filtration. No matter how much you store, (unless you have an under ground aquifer like some friends of mine), it will never be enough.

• James Tekton James Tekton

No…90% of the population is already dead.

• stock stock@hawaii.rr.com

You need your own water supply, aka a well, with a purification system such as RO

• WindorSolarPlease

Hi majia,

I agree with you again, Iran and Israel could easily get over heated. Russia, China, and others would probably side with Iran, all entering in a disastrous conflict.

A conflict of this magnitude might be the last, as we all have dangerous weapons than ever before.

China is buying our land, I believe they intend to be here. We owe them and they can’t be happy about that.
          Has anyone told them we are going to be over radiated with these layers of radiation coming towards us.

I hope the Countries decide to strive for peace instead. I believe, peace is what the people around the world would rather have.

I also agree eventually there could be a shortage of safe clean water.

If I had to pick one thing that we need to survive, it would be water.

I agree with James Tekton I believe our population will be less, I don’t know how less that will be.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Your right Capt Kirk. CHINA OWNS US They are buying up USA LAND as we speak. I love my life and will live it like always: UNDER THE DOME of my own little world. Love King. Was he a Prophet? Maybe.
        Tomorrow is another day.

• Misitu

Aye, Aye, Captain Kirk
        who said …

My advice? enjoy the good times while you can …

To which I’d like to respond with some of my favourite Sitting Bull Quotations

Look at me, see if I am poor, or my people either. The whites may get me at last, as you say, but I will have good times till then. You are fools to make yourselves slaves to a piece of fat bacon, some hard-tack, and a little sugar and coffee.

You come here to tell us lies, but we don’t want to hear them. If we told you more, you would have paid no attention. That is all I have to say.

I feel that my country has gotten a bad name, and I want it to have a good name; it used to have a good name; and I sit sometimes and wonder who it is that has given it a bad name.

• Misitu

Kind of in line with what I see as some of the ethics of this site. I hope I am not out of place in this thought.

• arclight arclight

agreed!

• These accidents have happened before as I have be posting and always seem the same things are told and done, not just your country but many are in a sense co-conspirator’s in a cover for profit regardless to human suffering, present and future, lose of life, present and future, and destruction of homelands, present and future !

In the end it’s the people who promote this human suffering, lose of life, and destruction of homelands, and no way to fix it, not the people told from the beginning their lives would be better !

Blind Faith and trust left forsaking them in the dust of radioactivity and whoa !

• Captain Quark Captain Quark

Wise words. After I eat my pork pizza, finish my coffee with a little sugar in it, I can feel a little less righteous and a little more humble today.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Quote:
      Of course this ignores the fact that you generally get a much higher dose of radiation living near a coal power plant(abou­t 100 times higher) than you would from a nuclear plant. The answer isn’t to move away from nuclear… the answer is newer safer technology­(take your pick of gen 3/4 plants) rather than keeping the 30+year old plants we have now up and running.

• Ron

If I were writing a sci-fi story about this it might turn out that the best place to find human resources to fight the Fukushima disaster would be from those already presumed dead (i.e. Fukushima residents “killed” by the March 11 tsunami but which in fact survived).

Round ‘em up, hold ‘em hostage and put ‘em to work.

• Anthony Anthony

Protect yourself against internal radiation damage with calcium, selenium

Monday, November 14, 2011 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Though it has already been nearly a year since the tragic earthquake and tsunami ravaged the eastern coast of Japan, toxic radiation from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility is still a serious global health threat. But one powerful way you can continue to protect yourself from radiation

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034142_radiation_damage_protection.html#ixzz1e7hbmXBi

• Human0815

There are much more,
    in my Research i found more than 400 People who died
    because of the Evacuation in Futaba and surrounding Hospitals, Hospices and Retirement Houses!

• Grace Grace

The politicians actually know the truth of Fuku, I spoke with a councillor last night, he is a few tiers down the appalling hierarchy, yet he is responsible for disseminating policy, his name is Chris White, Hertfordshire – I could feel his knowledge – they honestly do think that people are stupid – bread and circuses………ashes and dust, I stress relieve by shouting truths at my local nuke power plant, “ask questions” be heard. Love and Light to you.

• Misitu

This matches the psychology I observed while serving in a local government office some while back.

Global emergencies, like the bird/pig/housefly pandemic of influenza, are communicated from central to local government quicker than you can say “emergency bunker”.

I am quite sure you are correct, Grace.

• batista

They know that things are bad and are trying to save themselves by allowing the population to live in quiet deadly ignorance…
    Actually they probably don’t all enjoy it. But they think it is there only valid way to self-preservation. It’s a gamble.
    Let’s see if there will be acknowledgement of the Pregnancy…

• Steam event reactor 3 today. (current) < --- Thats why im posting here.

2011-11-19 23:50:20

Keep An eye on this reactor!!!

• Dr. Anne Lee Tomlinson Maziar anne

It’s not genetics either. For families who were near Santa Suzzana in 1959 and other years, of course there will be many members of a family with cancer. Also those in Utah from the nuclear testing. Or those near uranium mines. As well as families near nuclear power plants, nuclear weapons plants or storage. Those families are getting cancer from radiation, not genetics.

• Anthony Anthony

Agreed and will add Autism to your hypothesis.

Same mysterious rise seems to mirror your cancer point like a glove.

• Ron

Excellent point about radiation and cancer . Although you have to throw in chemicals too. Things like PCBs and dioxins, benzene and mercury etc, etc, etc.

There are many, many thousands of synthetic industrial chemicals out there that we are being exposed to on a daily basis. The Environmental Working Group does a good job keeping track of them and their effects on living organisms. We are accumulating these things within us. It’s called “body burden”.

Then throw in GMOs (genetically modified organisms) from monstrously criminal corps like Monsanto which is doing it’s level best to get them into all of our food and the new nanotech ingredients being added to foods with out our knowledge. That’s because George Dumbya Bush decided that we didn’t need to know about them and so killed food labeling.

From every side it is clear that we are the disposable, experimental generation. A generation of guinea pigs. We are all unwitting test subjects in corporations insatiable hunger for profits. Maybe the idea is that when we GPs all finally succumb at least they will have proven what works and what doesn’t and then can live their lives in luxury.

• Grace Grace

Turn off the telly – get active – if you are in UK – contact your Lib Dem MP – make them take a stance on nuclear power, force the government with your voice, while we still can. The Lib-Dems are our only hope here as far as I can see, it’s not a lot, but it is something. The shiiiite is coming, lets get the nuke power plants decommissioned and work on decontamination. There is stuff you can do – carry a flag with you, talk to people in a reasonable no-violent way, we are all in this together.

• Misitu

Watching TV in the UK after six months in a “developing” (see how the majority live) country, while I can say that the STANDARD of tv in the UK is acceptably excellent, I cannot say that the CONTENT is any better than where I was; I could say that it’s worse and in explanation I would offer the BLANDNESS of he news programmes and the INFANTILITY of the reality shows; probably only the documentary and investigation have any quality and even those exhibit a lot more courage in places where the reach of the law is not strong.

I would go back to the post war concept of the Meritocracy to look at how we created a generation of clever clogs management who with a prize quality education but absolutely no social history managed to emplace themselves as a faux elite, puppets of the folks who have passed down their estates, castles, wealth, and “sense of divine right” to their successors who lurk behind the scenes tapping away at the psychological buttons of said clever clogs management.

Meanwhile we got our credit cards and cheap house finance.

?

• I have analysed this stream for 7 months.
    It is a steam / plume coming from the reactor 3 Primary containment.

If you took the time to analyze the footage, You would make the visual observation yourself.

I can not help you see, what you are not willing to open your eyes too.

• Anthony Anthony

I agree with your points.

We are up to our eyeballs in the middle of the biggest damage control campaign in history.

• arclight arclight

well said anthony.. all the evidence points to that

the monthly nuclear ads from the new scientist etc.. starring one of a small number of “journalists” and media “scientists”

strikes me that the english university scene is able to project a pro nuclear message as far afield as japan!! and has access to the prime time BBC tv slots too!! as well as BBC radio, web etc..

and in a fair and balanced debate and in a country full of scientists who question the effectiveness of the pro nuclear stance have no air time to make their points and especially no time to challenge pro nuclear claims in an open debate.

the last time i saw that type of informational journalism was when helen caldicott kicked george monibots pro nuclear arse! a sight to behold!! great debate and thanks for that helen!!… hope you get the chance to repeat that on others… one day? but not now!!

• Mack Mack

Hi arc! Do you have a link to the Caldicott/Monibot debate? Definitely like to see that. Thank you.

• arclight arclight

democrasy now.. listen to monibot saying that he is worried that fukushima might destrot his nuclear dream.. part one here.. sounds like geraldine thomas after.. then gets butt kicked in but part 2 :)

• arclight arclight

@madmama .. make of this what you will!! :)

“But I have not, as many people have suggested, gone nuclear. Instead, my position is that I will no longer oppose nuclear power if four conditions are met:

1. Its total emissions – from mine to dump – are taken into account

2. We know exactly how and where the waste is to be buried

3. We know how much this will cost and who will pay

4. There is a legal guarantee that no civil nuclear materials will be diveerted for military purposes.

None of them are insuperable. In the UK Condition 4 already applies: as long as chapter 7 of the Euratom Treaty is rigorously enforced – http://eur-lex.europa.eu/en/treaties/dat/12006A/12006A.htm

georgy boy feb 2009 (just after the great crash/moving of money into nuclear 200 billion euros to begin with in one hit) from his own blog!! :)

LOL !!

• arclight arclight

WONDER IF HELEN WILL POST A RESPONSE TO THIS ON HIS BLOG?? you there helen?? :)

• Misitu

I have a live internet cctv feed from my house over in South America and the infrared night vision does exhibit a lot of noise.

Because the camera is not a cheap webcam the noise shows as shimmering rather than pixelation. In this case it is probably a consequence of air currents with slightly variable temperature composition. Anything real crossing the field of vision, like a flying bird or cucuracha, shows up in clear white.

I have watched some of the fuxu night videos and in some cases am convinced that events outside the above have taken place, but in other cases would not in truth say other than IR noise. This is against what I know to be true from my own cameras, and my house has no form of heating, let alone hot water.

I would urge caution in interpretation and recommend that on some website we could establish a Rogues Gallery of Fuxu smoke events for peer review.

Fuxu is still live and I believe that steam with vapourised radioactive aerosols and gases is absolutely still being produced. I am not altogether convinced that we can demonstrate this from night vision picture, but maybe we should, in the interests of truth, try to do this.