[...] I am 135 miles / 220 Km south of Fukushima, on the outskirts of the Tokyo area. It is Tuesday, June 7th [...] I just walk outside of my house and …. radiation. The air is not dangerous but the ground is. The radiation is much higher in low lying areas and the government here is desperately trying to keep it quiet.
Published: June 7th, 2011 at 3:58 am ET
- 19.8 microsieverts per hour in Tokyo air on Nov. 15 — Nearly 200 times normal level — Incineration of radioactive debris suspected November 23, 2011
- 6.46 microsieverts per hour detected in outskirts of Tokyo just a few meters away from children on playground (VIDEO) June 21, 2011
- Report: 3.5 microsieverts/hour inside Tokyo home — Later drops below .2 microsieverts/hour (VIDEO) December 22, 2011
- Radiation dose of 11 microsieverts per hour filmed near Tokyo (VIDEO) October 24, 2011
- “This is really bad”: Tokyo train radiation dose at 10.6 microsieverts per hour — “Geiger counter was off the charts” (VIDEOS) September 26, 2011