Aftershock Hits Nuclear Blast Plant, Sky News Online, March 12, 2011 at 8:50 am EST:
An aftershock has struck near a nuclear plant in Japan – hours after an explosion and radiation leak there sparked fears a meltdown was under way.
With a preliminary magnitude of 6.0, the tremor occured close to the site of Fukushima Number 1 nuclear power plant, where walls and a roof were destroyed in a blast.
At 8:58 am EST CNN is reporting the quake was a 6.4 magnitude.
Published: March 12th, 2011 at 9:08 am ET
- Very shallow, intense quake hits Fukushima — Registered 5- of 7 on Japan seismic scale — No tsunami warning issued August 12, 2012
- Fukushima Daiichi Worker: I think all reactors will be in crisis after major aftershock — We don’t have enough people to settle down No. 4 fuel pool and other reactors May 27, 2012
- TV: Nuclear waste spilling into Pacific Ocean after power outage hits Fukushima plant — Radiation Expert: Site is so radioactive and unstable “it may never be contained” April 21, 2015
- Intense M5.2 quake hits Fukushima — Centered just miles from plant (MAP) June 28, 2012
- AP: Strong quake hits near Fukushima nuclear site November 23, 2011