Title: Fire burning at Lucas Heights nuclear reactor
Source: ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Date: Updated Jan 7 2013 at 8:45p ET
h/t Anonymous tip
Fire burning at Lucas Heights nuclear reactor
A fire has broken out in an electrical substation building at the Lucas Heights nuclear reactor in Sydney’s south. [...]
Reactor officials say there is no need for significant concern about the blaze.
Title: Fire at NSW nuclear research facility
Source: 3 News
Date: Jan 7 2013 8:23p ET
[...] The fire is in an electrical substation at the rear of the Lucas Heights facility, reports AAP. [...]
A New South Wales fire superintendent, Tom Cooper, told AAP three fire crews and hazardous materials teams were at the scene.
“They’ve got smoke evident in two rooms of this outbuilding, they cannot locate the source of this fire,” he said.
*UPDATE at ~9p ET* ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation):
Lucas Heights fire contained
[...] Smoke has filled the building from what is believed to be an electrical fault but firefighters are yet to find the source.
A fire brigade spokesman says the reactor is not in any danger.
Published: January 7th, 2013 at 9:02 pm ET
- Fire shuts down unit at nuclear plant — Officials: “Triggered by ‘minor’ fire in oil tanker outside reactor building” April 17, 2013
- Fox News: ‘Vomiting road workers hospitalized after exposing mysterious nuclear waste’ April 18, 2012
- Fire at Swedish nuke plant — Reactor shut down for safety reasons — Extinguished by rescue workers — Cause of blaze unknown October 24, 2011
- “BREAKING: Belgian nuclear power plants evacuated” after terror attacks — Multiple reactor sites cleared “amid heightened fears of another attack” — Military and armed police on scene — Capitol on lockdown after dozens killed — “Dismembered bodies everywhere… It’s like the apocalypse” (VIDEO) March 22, 2016
- AP: IAEA inspectors at Iranian nuclear facility say no explosion -Source January 29, 2013