ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Jan. 4, 2014 (Emphasis Added):
Mark Willacy, ABC News (Australia) correspondent: He calls himself [...] the leader of the Fukushima nuclear resistance movement [...]
Masami Yoshizawa, ‘Ranch of Hope’ 14 km from Fukushima Daiichi: I won’t obey what the government says, because we were betrayed. Our community was destroyed by the nuclear disaster. [...]
Willacy: A radiation decontamination team arrives [...] Yoshizawa has defied a government order to slaughter his cows.
Yoshizawa: Instead of being slaughtered, these cattle should be used to study the long-term effects of radiation. Killing them is destroying evidence. [...]
Willacy: Scientists have descended on his property, saying it is important his herd is studied. [...] Some of Yoshizawa’s cattle have developed white spots. The ministry of agriculture has begun an investigation, but so far everyone is baffled.
Yoshizawa: “I showed these spots to many vets who came to my farm. But none of them knows what they are. I think it’s the result of radiation.” [...]
Masami Yoshizawa in Tokyo last May, published Dec. 26, 2013 (at 5:30 in): Our town is over. The end. It is like Chernobyl. [...] Our town has been contaminated like Chernobyl. [...] Our lives are totally destroyed. How depressed we are! So sad and empty. [...] We were just thrown away like the trash. [...] With all the rest of my life, I would like to fight against TEPCO and the government.
Published: January 5th, 2014 at 12:13 pm ET
- TV: “It’s a crime what’s happening at Fukushima” — People resettling areas 10 to 15 km from plant with “radiation levels still very, very high and even lethal in some cases” — Hotspots 60 to 70 km away same level as ghost towns in Chernobyl (VIDEOS) November 9, 2013
- Top Official: Over 60 million Japanese irradiated by Fukushima — Nuclear Expert: 50,000 sq. miles of Japan highly contaminated… Many millions need to be evacuated… Gov’t has decided to sacrifice them, it’s a serious crime — TV: More than 70% of country contaminated by radiation (VIDEOS) April 12, 2016
- Expert: “There’s just very few of the birds left” in the high contamination from Fukushima plant, “things are not looking good” — Spider webs looked ‘strange’ (PHOTO) — Animals response to radiation over twice as bad as in Chernobyl — “Implies effects are stronger in Fukushima” (VIDEO) May 7, 2014
- ABC Australia: Japan communities record Chernobyl-level radiation — “I have absolutely no trust in the Government” … “All they do is cover up and hide data” (VIDEO) October 19, 2011
- Farmers: Fukushima radiation causing mystery disease — Many animals have developed spots all over their bodies — What if this starts to afffect people? It must be examined — Gov’t can’t identify problem (PHOTO) June 20, 2014