Followup to: Watch: Fukushima worker films at plant -- I was asked to fake documents -- Underage people employed (VIDEO)
— FRCSR(@FRCSR) September 19, 2012
On August 24, I, together with “Haken Union,” sent a written proposal to TEPCO, which is undertaking the cleanup work at Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant (F1), and its seven subcontractors simultaneously. I worked at F1 as a nuclear worker since this June, participating in part of the clean-up operation. What I witnessed was the reality of various acts of dishonesty and kickbacks conducted in the multi-layer subcontracting system. A group of lay people with no knowledge or experience of working with radiation, including minors ages 18 to 19, were sent in to the work site without adequate training and with a false statement of work experience and low wages.
The clean-up work at Fukushima Dai-chi will continue for many tens of years from now on. Without workers on site, there will be no end to the accident. Nevertheless, the disposable nature of the scheme involving the on-site clean-up workers is too absurd and careless. Who is protecting the rights of the workers? If we don’t change that now, children who will be born from now on will have to deal with the hotbed of this injustice. This is a videotaped record of the proof of injustice over a two-month period. I will file a complaint with my real name, Tetsuya Hayashi, hoping for an end to the accident as early as possible.
Watch the video here
Published: September 19th, 2012 at 8:02 am ET
- Tepco Admits “Serious Problem”: Fukushima plant worker ‘forgot’ to wear dosimeter — Almost over radiation limit in just 2 months — Had been working at Unit 4 August 4, 2012
- Fukushima Worker: “All sorts of troubles going on in plant”; Officials won’t tell public what really happens — People should worry, it’s not under control — Employees wear disguises over fear of retaliation — Reporter: Tour of plant “was very strange… feels completely dead… not many people” (VIDEO) September 27, 2014
- Watch: Fukushima worker films at plant — I was asked to fake documents — Underage people employed (VIDEO) September 14, 2012
- ABC Footage of Anonymous Worker: Radiation injuries after being at Fukushima plant (VIDEO) November 1, 2012
- Fukushima Worker: I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2012, now stomach and intestinal cancers found recently — Each developed independently, not from one spreading — Worked at plant for just 4 months in 2011 October 29, 2013