Jetliner makes emergency landing after passengers faint, CNN, April 1, 2011:
An American Airlines 737 jetliner with 134 passengers aboard made an emergency landing in Dayton, Ohio, Friday morning after passengers became ill and at least two fainted, CNN affiliates in Dayton reported.
Shortly after American Flight 547 left Reagan National Airport in Washington bound for Chicago, two flight attendants reported feeling dizzy, WDTN reported, citing American spokesman Tim Smith. Pilots dropped oxygen masks in the cabin, but at least two and as many as four passengers fainted, according to the CNN affiliate reports.
Six passengers received medical treatment after getting off the plane in Dayton and two were taken to a hospital, WHIO reported. It said the remaining passengers were being held in a sterile room in the Dayton airport. …
Read the report here.
Published: April 1st, 2011 at 7:03 pm ET
- NYT: North Anna nuke plant in situation that no US reactor has ever faced before — NRC has no protocol to see if design held up after quake September 8, 2011
- Outrage: Federal training manual refers to sickened nuclear workers as “Freddy Krueger” September 27, 2011
- “Nuclear emergency” warning for USA issued by aviation regulators — Anchorage included in “affected flight information regions” March 16, 2011
- Tweets from Fukushima worker: Trees dying around nuke plant… Pine doesn’t wither in Autumn! — Similar reports in Tokyo area (PHOTOS) October 5, 2011
- NRC spokeswoman for emergency at Illinois nuke plant also works as belly dancer — “Absolutely there’s no threat to the public” (PHOTOS) February 1, 2012