Title: Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi ET Audio File
Source: US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Date: March 17, 2012
MR. CASTO: Yeah, it’s a significant amount of people, and they have — and they have authorized all Americans to go on the charter. So they have taken half the flights and have Embassy dependents — well, no, each flight — I don’t know how to say it. Now I’m starting to get tired. Each flight is reserved — half reserved for Embassy dependents, the other half of the flight is for American citizens.
MALE PARTICIPANT: Right.
MR. CASTO: Okay? So they’re pumping those, but they’re worried because, you know, they may get grounded eventually, because of — because of, you know, radiation. They are worried about radiation. Commercial air carriers are trying to make the decision whether they are going to stop their flights. And if they do, then that puts more pressure on the charter flights to get people out.
Read the report here
Published: March 12th, 2012 at 8:56 am ET
- Photo: Duct tape, upside down orange traffic cone used to manage leaking material at Fukushima Unit 4 May 29, 2013
- Officials Worried: Radiation levels rise sharply in soil outside Fukushima — Cesium quadruples during past year December 16, 2013
- Strange: Former editor of Japan Times Weekly concerned about mutated raccoon dogs attacking humans — “These are the animals I’m really worried about” after Fukushima (VIDEO) December 9, 2011
- AP: Fukushima children flee radiation; “Getting nosebleeds, growing pale and lethargic”; Mistrust of officials high — Father: “Cases of cancer are up… we are worried” — Mother: I don’t believe it’s as safe as gov’t claims, raising questions can get you branded a troublemaker April 9, 2014
- 6 hours until Japan’s final nuclear plant shuts down — NHK: “No prospect of a restart of any of the country’s 50 commercial reactors” (VIDEO) May 4, 2012