Published: August 31st, 2014 at 4:18 pm ET

Vancouver Sun, Aug 30, 2014 (emphasis added): Sockeye salmon… are showing up this year with chunks taken out of their bodies, raising concerns about the [parasitic Pacific] lamprey’s impact on the spawning migration. Rick Jeffries, a former commercial fisherman who is in charge of marketing a Secwepemc aboriginal commercial fishery in Kamloops Lake, said more than 50 per cent of the sockeye have bite marks, some with multiple bites cutting right to the flesh. “We’re alarmed at what we’re seeing,” he said in an interview Friday. “These are significant wounds that must adversely influence the sockeye’s probability to survive.”… Lara Sloan, spokeswoman for the federal fisheries department, confirmed that sockeye in the Thompson River system this season have been caught with circular markings that could be from lampreys, but the exact cause cannot be confirmed without testing.

Salmon wounds this year — Warning- graphic pictures, Fish Sniffer Forum, Aug 23, 2014:

• I’m seeing more pics posted with wounded river fish. I don’t think any of my fish last year had these wounds.
  • I also heard that a lot of fish are being dragged in like wet socks. They go on one run for the deep and then submit… Whatever it is, it’s not good I’m sure… The dead fish I’ve seen have also had these on them.
  • I’ve never seen this many fish with wounds in the past… If I was to catch one that looks like a couple of those pictures, There’s NO WAY I’m eatin’ that ugly puppy.
  • Got an update from the fish pathologist. “these lesions do look like a traumatic insult and then maybe followed by bacterial invasions. The more rash like lesions may be a bit different with respect to potential causes. To really get a better idea, a full necropsy with some histological analyses would be more informative.” He also said that the lesions were noted in the Winter run salmon this season. Gonna bump this up to the next level with some sample collections and necropsies.
  • Heard back from Dr. Scott Foott from the U.S. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife… “The best candidate is a trauma site leading to columnaris infection”… Still wonder what is causing the initial trauma and why it is so much more prevalent (or apparent) this year.
  • This doesn’t sound good to me. Not trying to be a buzz kill here, just concerned.
  • Over 50% of the fish in the Tisdale to Verona section have these wounds. I’ve seen 20-30 fish caught there (live or txt/emailed pics) and most have some kind of wound.
  • Two UC Davis fish pathologists are going to look at some salmon that show these wounds and examine them for the presence of pathogens in the wound itself and organ systems. Glad to get them on board to take a look (note they are not just hack grad students). They were pretty interested in what is happening to our salmon this year.
  • This thread is a great example of what the forums are all about. We can all put our two cents in to try and figure this problem out. However, we now have enough interest generated on this topic that fishermen are willing to volunteer their salmon to research so the experts can find out what is happening based on the facts. A great team effort by all involved. Hopefully the mystery can be solved and it won’t be too bad of news.

See also: TV: "Mysterious die off of young salmon" in Pacific Northwest -- "Healthy... and then they die" heading out to sea -- "Far less plankton than normal... There are too many questions" -- Researchers now testing for plankton and Fukushima contamination off West Coast (VIDEO)

Published: August 31st, 2014 at 4:18 pm ET

1. Radio: I’m afraid impact of Fukushima contamination on west coast of N. America will be downplayed, it could impact so much — Professor: This is a concern (AUDIO) September 20, 2013
  2. Goldfish swimming in reactor water at U.S. nuclear plant — Died soon after… “The radiation could not have killed them” — NRC investigating, concerns about worker morale May 3, 2013
  3. New official map of giant sinkhole dimensions shows significant growth (PHOTO) October 14, 2012
  4. Gundersen: Radioactive plume to impact West Coast in a year — Not going away after it hits… likely to only get stronger — Fukushima will keep releasing contamination for years to come — Must demand officials test fish and make data public (AUDIO) August 27, 2013
  5. Lab Director: Expect radiation spikes coming from US nuclear facility — Gov’t pays for more air monitors to see impact on populated areas — DOE warns of ‘ignitability’ of 368 containers at site; “Significant fire risk” — Top Official: Material at WIPP “just disintegrated… got very hot, very quickly” (VIDEO) August 2, 2014

170 comments to “We’re Alarmed”: Chunks missing from bodies of salmon from Pacific — Lesions in over 50% of fish being reported — Experts: “Looks like traumatic insult… followed by bacterial invasions”; Investigating for pathogens — Wounds this significant must impact ability to survive (PHOTO)

• hbjon hbjon

Yes, it is well known what causes every single ailment, disease, and aberration that sea life and mammal life suffer from. It goes back to the knowables and unknowables that the scholarly elites want to share with the poor peasants.
    It hurts. Very painful. The manifestation of a similar disease is knocking on all of our doors. Those who are affected can be heard going boohoo.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

"Wounds this significant must impact ability to survive."

In other words.. many are dying…

• 2014 Salmon Second Mass Die Off In Progress From Fukushima Radiation? First Mass Die Off From Dams, Running The Gauntlet; PBS Nature; via A Green Road

• alasanon

What a truly great Fish!!.. So nourishing, so versatile, so vital.

If you've ever had truly well-prepared Salmon, it's spectacular!!
    But, these fish are not doing well.

Don't they mention something about the "death of the seas" in the Book of Revelations?? The magnitude of this tragedy is reaching Biblical proportions.

• alasanon

We still have fish farms, but it doesn't compare to Wild-caught salmon from the Pacific Northwest and Alaska… That was The Best.

…and now it's in the direct path of Fukushima-poisoned currents. :(

Whoever allowed this to happen–you are losing outstanding cuisine for your lifetime. This natural treasure was one of a kind!…

• We Not They Finally

alasanon, I think it was one-third of the sea dying in Revelation. But people get freaky about prophecy. They say, you see, it's "a sign" — then they they feel all self-righteous and religious and that somehow it's like a GOOD thing because it was prophecied.

It's a TERRIBLE thing, whoever predicted it or when!

But don't worry so much about gourmet salmon. It just says that people ongoing will have less to eat. It may be about subsistence level soon enough, especially for populations right on the ocean.

• It is the reddening sky from "smoke" that is described as knocking the moonlight then the Sun out. This would be the QED change of the ocean turning red from Ba137 turning the sky and ocean purple/red (the color known as blood. So it is not so to speak real blood, it is the color of said blood. Go ahead folks crucify me again.

• HoTaters HoTaters

Yes, see the references to "Wormwood" and "one third of the seas shall die and all the creatures in them" (loosely translated) in the Book of Revelation. I don't think we're quite there yet, but yes, mass extinctions were prophesized. Not that this situation isn't very bad, by any means.

• OldFool

I remember reading that commercial fish farms are Absolutely Perfect breeding grounds for growing pathogenic bacteria and fungi to attack the flesh of wild fish. I wonder if this is an example of what the fish farms are doing to the ocean. Yet, so many things appear to be happening in the Pacific since 3/11/11, some direct or indirect causation would seem possible from 3/11/11.

• VyseLegendaire VyseLegendaire

These news stories aren't getting better now are they…

• WWJD WWJD

I agree, these news stories do keep getting worse. Very sad to be witnesses to all of this.

• sayonara kitty sayonara kitty

ill miss your comments johnny blade, love to you and yours

• Nigwil

This is So Karma! In denial since the earthquake hit the plant and the sailors were irradiated, and now it arrives rotting on the doorstep. Suk on that USA!

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

That really pisses me off. I recommended navy to my son as a safe alternative to USMC or army. I was wrong.!

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

There is no safe alternative anymore.
        Kansas has gone BYE BYE Dorthy. Matrix, reference…This is the real. You choose the Red Pill baby!Go all the way back home,all the way to Valhalla. Fuck the Jew Bitches Zion.,Racist. Yeh….

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

You gotta b that way sometimes . I hope yall understand.

• PraisingJesus VanneV

Your racism will come back to haunt you. Why don't you try reading Romans for a change.

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

53R, looks like youre in trouble with On High. Youve been hereby judged as being judgmental. But anne, why not let us who are no strangers to hypocrisy; the codes who are quick to judge the judgmental, …the ones who hold no pious foot in the door to salvation….cast the first stone. Thats what I do, I take the fall so the righteous need not. And besides you deprive me of righteous indignation! My rabbi suggested this; Romans 2:1. And this excuse doesnt stand "I didnt judge, I pray for those who sin" Leave the hypocrisy to us :)

• zogerke zogerke

ah rockwell, its been a while. Thanks. In YOUR name, I shall follow thruuuuuu on $$$ donations to the NAACP…….to the Shalom Center (again)….and to Truah: North American Rabbis for Human Rights. Tra la lah. Your red neck makes my little bit of green travel widely…..

zogerke

• DUD DisasterInterpretationDissorder

53rockwell
                August 24, 2014 at 11:29 pm · Reply

Hey yall. I been gettin drunk, and coming on here and raising hell for the last3 or 4 months. Im trying to get my shit together,and quit that. I apologize to all I have offended. And all Ive entertained with my crazy, half baked bullshit. . I will endeavor to be a sober contributing menber of this board fron this day forward. Can I get another chance?.Thank you if you answered yes..Shit everybody needs a second chance sometime.

—————————-

53rockwell
                September 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm · Reply

—————————-

This is a international forum reaching out to readers of all ages from all layers/levels of many different cultures and society's , take your aryan suckerhood filth somewere else…

• PraisingJesus VanneV

Code, I was thinking of chapter 11. Rockwell in the past has professed to being a Christian:

• melting mermaid melting mermaid

Thats kind of mean, Nigwil. America is a beautiful country, a melting pot of beautiful people from all over the world. Washington, on the other hand is batshit crazy and dripping in blood. Don't tie us all in with that crowd. Unfortunately Americans have been spoonfed war propaganda for years and quite frankly are clueless about our foreign policy. They truly believe they are defending the world from tyranny and spreading democracy. When I try to tell people we are an empire, they look at me like I'm insane. Anyway, aside from all of that, its not just America that will reap this karma, its the entire biosphere. We are all in this together. One. Grieving for this teardrop of a planet, that is our mother and our home. The least we can do is put aside the illusions and the hate that got us here and try to comfort one another the best we can. It may be too late to save our home, but its never too late to save our soul.

• devark devark

And sadly this is only the beginning

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

If they ban ya you can still read the posts. Speak your mind.
    No Fear.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

THE WORLD'S OCEAN . . .

Mass die-offs and weird illnesses happening continually since Fukushima.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

The problem with blaming ..the large number of wounds on Lamprey..is that Lamprey numbers along with other fish has been declining

UI study launched to boost fish stocks

Summer research aims to increase salmon, trout, lamprey
    July 11 2013

• Ron

The other day I was driving on the freeway through Pismo Beach. I usually smell a welcome scent of salt and freshness. This time I detected a strange smell of death and decay that I don't remember ever smelling before. I wasn't thinking about this N thing when it unexpectedly assaulted my nose.

I am one to play "devil's advocate" and try not to make assumptions, so maybe I was wrong.

Still it is clear the Nuke Establishment are not doing anything to resolve this crisis and would rather engage in public relations damage control, so people expecting help from them are wasting their time. We need innovators who care, to come up with a way of stopping this Fukushima Godzilla now. Then we need to stop nuke power worldwide.

Just think, there are 500 or so of the death machines scattered across the globe just waiting for an accident to begin melting down and spewing their poisons.

• +1

The nose knows. ;)
      Good observation.

Common sense says…

"Not trying to be a buzz kill here, just concerned."
      – Fish 'Sniffer' Forum

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

I would think if you have a technology operating on a small planet.. that you can not control when it fails…the very next step would be to shut down all Nuclear Reactors worldwide until you can stop the technology assault now occurring and figure out why it can't be stopped when it fails.

Only then after the complete shut down of all of them worldwide would you sacrifice yourself for such a noble cause and potential death sentence.

Common sense alludes us humans way too often/too many times..

• tbg

Another interesting story I saw that other day about more Washington wildlife behavior. All these stories are momentarily blips in time never to be heard from again, but so many things on so many levels here.

Last summer I saw bald eagles almost daily on the way to, or at work. That seemed like a lot more than the previous 2 years when I saw them maybe a couple times a week, and back then then they were usually floating up in the convergence zone. This summer I saw one. I wonder how those wa dept of wildlife radiological impact surveys are coming along. Oh yeah… there's no impact here.

• fredquimby fredquimby

There is a lady called Alexandra Morton who in 2010 or so was screaming that it was the fish farms (in this region) that were producing infected fish (with lice) that would also effect the wild salmon as they swam past.

• We Not They Finally

That may be. But obviously something WAY GREATER than that or any one factor, is in play now. The balance is gone. The immune systems are weakening. Fewer of everything survives, including the poor salmon. (Well, maybe more predators survive. Sure that the radiation-eating black fungus will survive, anyway.)

• Super viruses, super bacteria, invasive bugs and animals, all are part of what is going on.

But underneath, one cannot ignore and completely dismiss cumulative, chronic radiation exposure on the food web.

After Chernobyl, 70% of the radiation problem in children was due to food and drinks, not outside of the body radiation exposure.

People are looking in the wrong direction; freaking out about radiation in the water.. That is the LEAST of our concerns, even though it is an issue.

The MAJOR issue is internal, coming in via radiation inside food and drinks.

What is the effect of FUKU radiation on the food web?

What is the effect of internal Fuku radiation on children, in the US?

That needs to be studied, measured and documented.

Almost nothing is happening there.. zilch.

• dan dan

@johnny
    Don't take it personally mate. We all get moderated from time to time.

Let me tell you a little story.

When I first started out on the site, my cracked sense of humour would get me heaps of after hours visits from the admin fairy.

She used to flutter in though my bedroom window on those tiny gossamer wings and swirl around my room, spirals of golden magic dust sparkling in the candle light, all fantasy and lace and then she'd wiggle her tiny finger and 'tut tut' me for one thing or another that I had wroten here (sic) then kiss me soundly on the cheek to encourage me to straighten up and fly right, and away out the window and off into the sunset with a cheery bye bye she would go and all would be fine.

Its a tougher world out there now Johnny…..now she just kicks my door in, mugs me, confiscates my mouse and eats my chocolate. Go figure.

• rogerthat

Scaremongering about Fukushima radiation is damaging
    02 September 2011
    ALARMIST predictions that the long-term health effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident will be worse than those following Chernobyl in 1986 are likely to aggravate harmful psychological effects of the incident. That was the warning heard at a conference on radiation research in Warsaw, Poland, this week.
    "We've got to stop these sorts of reports coming out, because they are really upsetting the Japanese population," says Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London, who is attending the meeting. "The media has a hell of a lot of responsibility here, because the worst post-Chernobyl effects were the psychological consequences and this shouldn't happen again."
    Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency report that the release of radioactivity from Fukushima is about 10 per cent that of Chernobyl. "The Japanese did the right thing, providing stable iodine to ensure that radioactive doses to children were minimal," Thomas says…
    - this is in New Scientist. I hope some of the people who work there are embarrassed.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Let me show you how bright (sarc) this woman is:

"How does Fukushima compare to Chernobyl?
      Professor Gerry Thomas, who has studied the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster, said: "It is very unlikely that this will turn into anything that resembles Chernobyl.
      "In Chernobyl you had a steam explosion which exposed the reactor core, which meant you had a lot of radiation shooting up into the atmosphere."
      Prof Thomas said although the Chernobyl disaster had led to a rise in thyroid cancer cases, the only people affected were those living in the immediate area of the explosion

This shows how little she understands about what has/is happened at Fukushima.

"and who were young at the time."

Yes…YES ..they were young.
      It affects the young ..the worst.

She makes me sick..

• We Not They Finally

They never ensured that iodine doses to children were minimal. They apparently did just one pill per person for SOME (few! of the population, and many days or weeks later, after they were already hit AND ONGOING. That's pretty much "nothing."

But I guess that all it takes is a psyche to cause thyroid cancer or leukemia? Do these people even believe their own propaganda?

• jackassrig

I've been tagged a couple times. In the good ole days the entire post disappeared. I never got comment for moderation. I guess the tag is in the ear like an ole cow. My number is 510.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

"The more rash like lesions may be a bit different with respect to potential causes."

Navy Sailor: Crew members lost control of their bowels after Fukushima radiation exposure, as skin rashes developed; “It was a real big problem” — Congress signs bill making military conduct health survey (VIDEO)

Jan 14 2014

"During the military operation Desert Storm in 1991, many soldiers were diagnosed with extensive uranium exposure. Those soldiers experienced rashes, kidney problems, respiratory difficulties and cataracts."

Rashes….

• rogerthat

TAKEMI Shirado’s Iwaki house was destroyed and his land contaminated in the Fukushima nuclear crisis of 2011.
    But he said Fukushima farmers lost more than their livelihoods: their hopes, dreams and future disappeared with their crops.
    “People don’t buy the food if people know it has come from Fukushima,” Mr Shirado said.
    “They can’t serve their products but still they keep producing it, but they have no hope.”
    Mr Shirado moved to Townsville in 2011 with the mission of establishing the Iwaki Rice Growing Project to assist the farmers of Fukushima by finding new land for them to grow rice. …

• rogerthat

2 more Hanford tanks declared empty of waste
    Annette Cary, Tri-City Herald August 31.
    Hanford workers have emptied waste to legal requirements from two more of the nuclear reservation's leak-prone underground tanks …
    - find out what empty ''to legal requirements'' means in reality

• Cooter Cooter

Lampreys are parasitic and must travel faster through the water to attach themselves to the salmon. Most salmon can out swim a lamprey, unless the salmon is compromised in some way or another. Lampreys also do not kill their host, as this would be bad for the lamprey and the host, a no win situation for both.

These salmon have been compromised by their environment. A previous article stated that salmon were making a detour South around the Queen Charlotte Islands to reach their breeding grounds, further using up stored fat for spawning by swimming long distances not usually traveled.

Having fished SE Alaska for four seasons for salmon and with each set bringing in 25 to 200 salmon I have only seen a handful of salmon with "eel" marks. These wounds were old and had healed over but left a perfect circle the size of a dime. The only other thing wrong with the salmon was they were smaller in size, but otherwise appeared healthy.

These salmon now can't swim fast enough to evade the lamprey and are an easy target. The real story is the salmon's compromised health and not the eel as they have co-existed for thousands of years.

• rogerthat

Only 31% of local govts set emergency evacuation sites
    September 01, 2014
    The Yomiuri Shimbun
    Only 31 percent of local municipalities have designated “emergency evacuation sites” where residents can take shelter in the event of a disaster, a Yomiuri Shimbun survey has found.
    Under the Disaster Countermeasures Basic Law, which was revised and put into effect in April, local municipalities are required to designate and inform residents of such evacuation sites, which are categorized by such disaster types as flood, sediment disaster, earthquake, tsunami, and volcanic eruption. …

• We Not They Finally

AND…. people have been forced to move back to heavily contaminated areas or lose their living stipends. (See Gundersen interview with a Japanese woman.) So they grow and sell contaminated food and get diseases themselves, or they don't survive. It's grotesque.

• KANYUN

THE nuvisible signs of ecological disaster. It's become infinity Nuclear.

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Yeah Johnny don't leave us, do enjoy your comments.. I think not taking things personally is my lesson for today. I woke up this morning with the same old reoccurring dream where/when my husband comes back to the Farm with a party of people. I am really stressed and feel so disconnected from the crowd of these cool people… chilling out. I'm the downer the party crasher all worked up and spoiling the atmosphere. I wake up feeling very depressed and frustrated, yet my image of myself was like and out of control bitch having a tantrum screaming for attention.. … I receive no communication from colleagues, friends or students living in Japan. I pretty much stay on the farm and keep busy with the day to day challenges…. Enenews ers keep me on my path to understanding what I need to be doing. I take all of this way to personal….

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Messing up on messaging in the right places, sorry about that folks!

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

It's always a mystery.
    Some garble as to how things led up to this..

But..there is something else going on..
    My, oh ,my ..what ever could the matter be?

Marine birds disappearing from US Pacific Northwest coast

" Even so, other scientists say these environmental systems remain far too complicated for researchers to know for sure. We often don’t know enough yet to say where things are headed. Gaydos put the bird decline picture this way. “Something’s happening on a big level,” he said. “But what is it?”
    9/01 /2014

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Just a little something ..I'd like to ask ..scientists involved in ocean studies, etc…
    Perhaps ask those Navy folks..

Birds land on piers ..don't they?

Scripps Oceanography Pier Cam

• Jebus Jebus

I think a moment to remember is apropo.

Martha, thought to be the world's last passenger pigeon, died on September 1, 1914, at the Cincinnati Zoo.

Human self destruction is not gonna stop unless humans stop it.

The creatures don't have a chance…

• Socrates

I just cannot eat fish anymore. Meat is too far up the food chain. I eat non-fat, organic Greek yogurt to reduce uric acid levels and grain-fed chicken egg whites with an occasional yolk (no fish meal-fed chicken eggs). The rest is organic vegetables and fruits.

I would cut out the eggs, too, but then I would have to eat breakfast alone. The rest of the family will be eating salmon today for lunch. I really don't miss all that sushi, clams, lobster, and shrimp when I think of what it might contain.

The ocean is sick. I spent 60 years fishing, diving, surfing, windsurfing, body surfing, and sailing. Nuclear energy is more important than all the food and sports, right? Get your priorities straight!

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

Ok . I think I have a new enemy:) Code shutdown. I guess my excessive verbage pissed him off.
    ::)
    i dont want no Feuds, I have had enough

• SadieDog

What happened to not being a drunken douchebag anymore?

• Sparky Sparky

53R [or 59.5R, or whatever], So now you have a problem with CodeShutdown??? I must have missed his "offensive" comment although I looked through the thread. But I sure saw your comments:

53rockwell, August 31, 2014 at 11:59 pm .
      "….Fuck the Jew Bitches Zion.,Racist. Yeh…."
      53rockwell, September 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm .
      "I dont pay much attention to comments from Jews or Niggers:)Thanks for the Heads up code."

Really Rockwell, could you please just spare us your tedious, ignorant, racist, alcohol-infused, incoherent zingers? Please take that shit somewhere else, to some hate-site rather than mucking-up Enenews and attempting to create conflict among 'Newsers.

While seasoned 'Newsers can place your offensive comments in context [consider the source], Newcomers may be understandably put-off and miss/misconstrue all that Enenews and the greater 'Newser community have to offer.

I thought you were trying to clean-up your act, not just here on Enenews, but also in your daily life. What happened??? Maybe it was your alter ego, 59.5R, that was trying to practice a little self-respect and respect for others. Clue: you're never gonna find it in a bottle.

Bring the other guy back, please, 'cuz this guy is wasting valuable Enenews/'Newsers' time and space.

Yeh , I called ya fool.Welcome to Texas . Now go home

Screw Yo codeshutdown, Eat my shorts

• rogerthat

MM: ''Washington, on the other hand is batshit crazy and dripping in blood.''
    - quote of the day

• danger kitty danger kitty

Rockwell,
    Glad to hear you don't want no feuds, me neither. You're a drunken- posting redneck but you're OUR redneck. It was kind of cute; but no longer. Flinging the n- word around does nothing to crush the nuke industry. We're about to get a flood of newcomers, the tide of awareness is tipping, let's not give anyone an excuse to turn away from the horror of radiation.
    Please turn your considerable energies to ripping the heart out of nuke, go for the throat, too. You can do it man; and an apology to Code Shutdown would be nice, get you an upgrade on your rack in heaven.
    your friend, kitty

• jimbob jimbob

I woke up one morning a few weeks ago with what looked like a burn on my ankle, it had not been there when I went to bed.

It looked much like those pictures of the open sores on the Salmon.

I don't believe I have an infestation of Lampreys in my bed!

I suspect it may have been from a hot particle I picked up while working outside, I have never had anything like it before.

It has since healed but it was a strange thing and I showed it to my landlord who had been an operating room nurse for many years.

She said it was obviously a burn but how does one burn himself while sleeping in bed?

It was about the size of a nickel, in both diameter and depth, perhaps a bit deeper.

I don't know what caused it but I treated it with home remedies and now it is only a light rash.

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

I got this drinking thing . To keep from thinking thing.
    \

• danger kitty danger kitty

O.K. Rockwell, I hear you about the drinking' to keep from thinkin' thing. I rolled that way for a spell. I would never report for battle duty in that configuration, tho. This is holy work we do here, crushing nuke with the facts, let's do it right. Seems like a simple solution for you is don't drink and post, lol. When you report for battle duty, we want all of your considerable self.
      Still your friend, kitty
      periscope down.

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

All kooll. goode comments folk. But canwe please take some positve actions. ?Eh ? Give me A LiKe

• danger kitty danger kitty

Rockwell, now we're getting to the heart of the matter. Your words: "But canwe
      please take some positve actions. ?Eh ?
      Give me A LiKe"
      A highly trained combatant with a defined enemy does not like idleness. It hurts,I know. So, here's a mission for ya, should you choose to accept:
      Remember I posted that leaves on ash trees (Fraxinus sp.) are mutating, and that ash trees are an indicator species for gamma radiation? Well, Texas has a number of fine ash species.
      So:
      1) search the web for images of normal fraxinus leaves.
      2) scoot over to nuclear arborist on tweeter to see mutated leaves. They're pretty wild.
      3) find ash trees in your town, find the mutant leaves. a 6 foot pruner pole would help.
      4) I hear Quest Labs will test for free.
      5) take test results and photos of the mutant leaves to……? Town council, health dept. colleges? Make noise at grass roots, it'll build in volume. Radiation is no longer invisible.
      Search and destroy…nuclear Marine,
      Sgt. kitty

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

I have no idea why my shit rambling talk is double Posting?
    I go baxk and dellete thr dups. I try. It is not me:) Im working hard

• David R. Canada

Remember those GMO salmon that were released from El Salvador last year?
    Do you remember the results of the tests performed by the group in Edmonton, who also sounded the warning of what happened when those fish got hungry? They'll bite into and eat anything that moves!
    Well… it looks like the huge die-off in the Pacific due to Fukushima may have made those FrankenFish very hungry! The sardine catch off the west coast of N. America was a total failure this year. This is one of the small fish that the larger fish consume.
    Over the next couple of years we may see the total destruction of all salmon in the Pacific.
    Of course these people who are responsible will never be held accountable; it'll all be blamed on Fukushima.

• Johnny Blade

scientists! :( TAKE CARE ALL! ttyl

• Johnny Blade

For the 1st time in over 3 yrs I get a "comment awaiting moderation" message,but the part that got cut off by wordpress limit shows up making me look like a damned fool??!! No problem then! "message received" LOUD & CLEAR. Hopefully me friends here will also see my parting farewell & know I'll be thinking of all of you and wish you guys & gals all the BEST! :) It's been a helluva ride & I take it it's time for "out with the old & make room for the "NEWser's" lol… (hope this doesn't get omitted too?!!) BLADE is 10-7/QST/logged out & henceforth "retired" from the community,so without further ado;PEACE

• Sparky Sparky

Hi JohnnyB "Braveheart", Stay–don't go! I've been hit with the "comment awaiting moderation" a few times for apparent (i.e., "p0rn" in ref. to our most unfav MFer) and no apparent reasons. Auto system-moderated over-ride, most likely. Pls. don't take it personally. There are many 'Newsers who have been similarly tagged. No matter. This site most certainly has it's functional issues. I doubt it is any overt action/reaction by our Enenews Admin.

So pls. stay–OK?? ;-)

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Johnny Blade- Don't worry I've had moderation…who cares. We all love to see you are still out there. Hang in there! All the best to you and your family.

• PraisingJesus VanneV

There is automatic scanning for certain words. I got that recently when I posted a map of tunnels between Egypt and Gaza. It is readily available on the internet, but it went into moderation. Admin isn't reading every comment and then putting some of them in moderation. Certain words are always going to go into moderation. It isn't based on the person posted.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Johnny, its the use of certain words that trips the moderation..none of it is about you..but words.

Had it happen to me many times…still here! :)

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

I always enjoy your post Johnny. Rambling,check, Taken to a weird place in time Check. You are my kinda poster. You have nothing to worry bout. Keep it up.You fit right in.

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

Dont get all paranoid and freak out. Breath. Its nothing but a thing. I have done outrageous shit on here. You are not gonna get banned. Really tolerant bunch of folks. Admin only takes action when he must to keep order. Dont abuse the license to tru freedom of speech. That dont mean Nsa wont still come down hard on you ass:) Just jokin, Not really.Dont make Death Threats, Dont make threats of Violence. etc. Pretty simple. Keep it a Civil discussion.
    Its all cool ,and we try to keep it thataway.You do have the Freedom to disagree wholeheartedly with others statements ., but try not to be hating them.Hmm. I need to take my own advice sometimes :)

• weegokiburi weegokiburi

Lucky you. I've never had awaiting moderation. You must be doing somthing right.

• melting mermaid melting mermaid

I reported a comment the other day, accidently, and I don't know how to undo it. And I usually just panic and hit the back button. Its easy to do when your on a smart phone. That probably what happened. Remember the 4 agreements. Thou shalt not take anything personally, because you never know.

• Socrates

Don't let automated moderation get to you, Blade. There must be some word that would get the website in trouble. I am sure that it isn't you. I have never read anything you posted that would justify being moderated. I did not even know this website was moderated. I have said a few things that might not be well – received. I think you should reserve the right to return and keep us company as we go through thus ordeal.

• Johnny Blade

LOL, Thanks for the heads up on the "auto-trip" thing because I'd never seen it in action here,& didn't think I said anything wrong in my post at the time,and it was actually a post that was in praise of ENE & admin!LOL must've laid the BS on too thick?!! lol. It also had words describing the spam attacker from the night before that I think(hope?!!)tripped the "automatic dunce cap,stand in the corner" mechanism[?] or it was a ruler across the knuckles for reporting it twice right before the whole site was flooded with the _______,which obviously didn't need to be reported by me at all? lol!! The auto trip moderation being the nicest,easiest to swallow explanation under the circumstances & in view of the timing. Speaking of "nicest",thanks for all the nice comments from everyone who brought me back from my resolution to just "lurk" & listen & not post again!lol! While having something akin to the US judicial system in terms of being "guilty until proven innocent" it was nice to see the verdict of my 'newser peers & favorite lawyer weigh in and overturn my verdict!The response was like being "acquitted" of charges! LOL Too bad the traffic judge I dealt with a couple weeks ago wasn't as understanding!lol… I probably should ease up a bit on the keyboard though my hearing loss isn't exactly conducive to holding intelligent conversations in person or via phone these days but it explains being "Chatty Cathy" with the keyboard[?]!! THANKS for having me though!…

• Hot and Bothered Hot and Bothered

I wonder what these trigger words be? Any ideas?
    This might be a hard list to create…. Err…. Share :P

• Johnny Blade

cont'd; I've probably made it pretty clear that I hod my 'newser friends in much higher regard than 95% of the Lamestream population who I'd known for years personally but my views on Fukushima & radiation as well as ideology in general have driven a wedge between those who I see in a different light these days! I have many reasons for becoming reclusive and suspicious of people in my physical vicinity or who never miss an opportunity to (literally!)stick a shank in my back or make my concern about Fukushima & radiation issues in general a "private joke" amongst their stupid,sorry asses. I may not be anywhere near the "upper-crust",of high society(lol)but have no predisposition to lie or sugarcoat my status or standing in life,but I can't dismiss the obvious state of this FUKuD-up world we live in any longer regardless of who wants to shoot the messenger! This is why I'm drawn to ENE & those here for "good" reasons. All I ask is honesty & respect from those I can call true "friends",anything above & beyond that is an added bonus for me & my significant others. What appeared to be my being "touchy" or "over-sensitivity" is actually an indicator of my regard for all of you. I feel bad for EVERYONE caught in the shitium storm aka "311",but don't give a rat's ass what they think of me for maintaining my current,permanent stance against nukes & global injustice & apathy,including anyone who belittles me for holding my 'newser peeps in such high regard! I…

• Johnny Blade

I gotta run for now though,"duty" calls & Sandy's been having some really bad "spells" with seizures & such and she's looking very wobbly & unstable right now so I'd better practice some "preventative" medicine & shift my focus & undivided attention back to her until it passes. THANKS FOR HAVING ME ALL! TTYL

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

trigger words may come in pairs. Boy is ok, and the color black, but not the combo!

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

i got em but i aignt gonna post em fool
    Hot

• Johnny Blade

@H&B; I'm pretty sure it was my use of words to describe unwelcome spammy visitors that included the same words used in the bogus ads that at one point had overtaken every thread on the site[?]! I'm assuming it was a price paid for these aggravating intrusions which seem fake and probably have some sort of virus attachments as a "free gift" for anyone who clicks on or visits the alleged commercial website(s) whether inspired to go there by anger or an actual interest in the claims of the purveyors of said nonsense[?]! Whether they're real small business entrepreneurs or cyberscammers or NSA,etc. cyberscumbags-their OT content and/or signs of ill-will & malicious nature places them ALL in the latter category and unfortunately the incidence of these events comes as the price ENE & the Group will likely suffer through as a result of our hangout growing in popularity and credibility as one of very few,if not THE source of the most accurate "available". I guess the "silver lining" of notably increased hostilities on our battlefield of this war is that the increase in enemy attacks in both number of events & severity is commensurate with the effectiveness of our weapons & ground gained on the front lines[?]! The timing of their attacks in this war between good & evil,allows hints of success by the good guys,us!They may have had the edge for 70+ yrs but with a double-edged sword leading to their undoing!Unfortunately for ALL it's a war that EVERYONE is losing! :(

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

Speak the truth. , and justice for the poor.Help the widow in her distress. Go and visit your brothers in jail. and put some money on they books so thy can get some Ramen or a damn cig.Amen.Aignt nothing sweeter than smoming a cigarette in jail.

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

Speak the truth. , and justice for the poor.Help the widow in her distress. Go and visit your brothers in jail. and put some money on they books so thy can get some Ramen or a damn cig.Amen.Aignt nothing sweeter than smoking
    a cigarette in jail.

• 53rockwell 53rockwell

Code ya got a beef with me spit it out,

I need things Black and white :) simple. If I have pissed you off , I may apologize depending on the subject. Or I might stand Firm.
    '

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

53 rockwell, Ive got no problem with folks speaking their sincere thoughts. Remember Hemingway….where would the world be without Hemingway

He spent his days reading, drinking, and occasionally trying to teach his sisters how to smoke cigars, swear in Italian and take “nippers” of kummel.

“Don’t be afraid to taste all the other things in life that aren’t here in Oak Park,” he instructed them. “There’s a whole big world out there full of people who really feel things . . . sometimes I think we only half live over here.”