Published: May 18th, 2012 at 1:47 am ET

UPDATED HERE: Fukushima Doctor: We need outside help, Japanese people not listening -- We are now in very bad condition, especially for children -- Please help (VIDEO)

The Children of Fukushima: One Year Later
Uploaded by: marklieb
Uploaded May 17, 2012

Dr. Shintaro Kikuchi, Pediatrician in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture

Transcript Excerpt

We need help from outside Japan because Japanese people don’t think the situation for children is getting worse and worse.

We are now in very bad condition. Especially for children.

So please give us help.

At 4:30 in

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d95Mnl1g48

Contact information at end of video:

PEP Kids
1-1-3 Yokozuka
Fukushima Prefecture
963-8803, Japan
+81 24-941-2711
Email: taro-man@wit.ocn.ne.jp

See also:

Published: May 18th, 2012 at 1:47 am ET

1. Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
  2. UK newspaper reports on Fukushima children with abnormal thyroid growths July 19, 2012
  3. Japanese Doctor: Children’s health problems increasing — Incurable stomatitis, chest pain, nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea April 18, 2012
  4. Fukushima Mother’s Plea to U.N.: Children and adults are suffering tremendously — Sharp increase in bloody urine, bone pain, more — Doctor says many have similar symptoms with unknown causes — Family’s health deteriorated all at once, recovered soon after moving September 27, 2013
  5. Now 35.8% of Fukushima children have thyroid cysts or nodules — 13,646 do and 24,468 don’t July 15, 2012

70 comments to Fukushima Doctor: We need outside help, Japanese people not listening — We are now in very bad condition, especially for children — Please help (VIDEO)

• RememberThis RememberThis

Sending help ASAP…not sure what to send, I guess good ol' $$$ is the best.
    I cant afford much, but I cant let this slide by anymore….

• Max1 Max1

YouTube Video removed by user.

I watched it earlier. It was good.
    Showed how people with kids, are attempting to handle living in radiation.

• RememberThis RememberThis

I just sent an Email off to the addy shown above inquiring about the best way to send $$$
    I challenge all ENENEWSers' to do the same.

• snowwy snowwy

the japanese government was so keen on the safe, cheap, clean, energy … the japanese government should pay for it… no, not the tax payer, i mean the government personally, out of the money they got out of the nuclear deal….

• snowwy snowwy

oh and those who so vehemently claimed that nuclear power is the only answer, those who promoted the shit even though people said to them that it is neither cheap nor clean. those who answered "yes, but if everything goes well it is" …. guess what, it did not .. pay up! everyone who wanted it, everyone who ridiculed people like me who put a scenario forward that came true now several times… oh, how they laughed and smirked at the prospect of atomic power stations blowing up … how funny they thought it was as "atomic power stations cannot blow up like bombs" …

guess what, it is painful to see it can, it did and people suffer for it and for the greed but especially the children…

whenever a state lets their children suffer then they announce the death of their sovereignty.

what are we doing? we live in a world wide elected tyranny. and that's only the "free" countries

• jec jec

Money and nuclear funds likely long gone. Part of the hidden trail of wealth the public never learns about, used for fat cat "friends" and government payollas. The taxpayer never knows of the secret 'slush' funds greasing the political payouts. My opinion only. Just Saying..

Money of out of the 'deal' to pay for medical care, restoration –its long long gone.

• snowwy snowwy

nothing disappears without a trace… lets get the blood hounds and track it down… then take it. remember they do the same whenever they can.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Greatest respect for the doctor to speak up. Judging from his face, I think he feels rather uncomfortable, but it's great he spoke English so a lot more peole worldwide could understand.
    I think money maybe isn't the issure here, but awareness.
    I bet his boss isn't quite happy with him.

Thanks Dr. Kikushi, you are NOT forgotten!
    i'm going to post this video everywhere and send it also to my "elected representatives" (cough)

• snowwy snowwy

it is the duty of every physician to speak up in behalf of their patients. everyone who is in the position of care and is not speaking up for their patients is a criminal and should be removed from their position of trust and power. those who said that radiation sickness is only harmful if the mother is too neurotic to smile should go straight to prison.

it is very well known, documented and recorded since the 1940 ies the latest what radiation can do. i do not for one second believe that it has not been reported by unit 731 what happened and it has been seen and hidden with hiroshima and nagasaki and all the other bomb tests and nuckear accidents since scientists started to split the unsplitable.

if you behave like a god you might as well take the responsibility like a god. and i do not mean prayers at all.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

Agreed snowwy. My point was that it still takes some guts to speak up in that "hostile" environment and I respect the doctor for following his conscience.

• snowwy snowwy

it sure does but I expect more of the members of a country that pride themselves as being one of the most dutiful nation of the world.

in fact i call on their sense of duty when i say these things. it is the duty of every soldier to refuse an order that has been issued by an insane officer… it is the duty of every person alive to at least tell the truth, no matter how painful if this truth might save a life or reduce suffering.

• arclight arclight

"this video has been removed by the user… anyone got a copy??" or is it the pro nuke copyright brigade at it again…???? :(

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

In case it didn't catch the eye ..here is the contact info from above.

PEP Kids
      1-1-3 Yokozuka
      Fukushima Prefecture
      963-8803, Japan
      +81 24-941-2711
      Email: taro-man@wit.ocn.ne.jp

TEPCO and the Japanese government..have taken the lives of the children of Fukushima hostage…and are using them to cover their lies.
      They will do anything to protect their beloved positions and money.
      TEPCO and the Japanese government..are used to thievery…but now cowardice has set them into a frenzy.
      Cowards are dangerous.
      The Japanese people must recognize this as quickly as possible and demand change.

• CB CB

Make no mistake about why these babies are here – they are here to replace us.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

If I google PEP Kids Yokuzuka, I get tips from Trip Advisor. it seems to be a play center for children? I don't quite get the link between PEP Kids and the pediatrician from another city?
    Can anyone help?

• Grampybone Grampybone

If the government won't help then NGO's must be allowed to. Only help that can be done is setting up a 300+km exclusion zone. That's not going to happen. So all those living in the area have to take the initiative themselves. Walk, run, hitchhike, GET OUT while you are still alive. If the Japanese government allows NGO's to help evacuate there may be a chance at saving some lives. Until then the government has condemned the region to depopulation.

• aigeezer aigeezer

Hmmn. The video was uploaded by "marklieb" and is now deleted.

On YT, "marklieb" is listed as a 27 year-old American. There are several videos on the "marklieb" page, none related to Japan.

What does all this mean?… I have no idea, but I don't think I'll be sending anyone money just yet.

• AxiomaticSilver Kontakt

Hi all, this is my first time posting. I have being following this site since the accident and I feel like I know you all and appreciate your concerns.

Clinoptilolite (activated micronized zeolite) is what Japan needs and all governments knows this. This is a cover up of biblical proportions. How do we get the word to japan that they need to put zeolites into their water supply???. You people are all so educated on this matter I'm not sure what I can say. At least protect yourself and loved ones and source out a good quality liquid zeolite and consume it daily.

Peace!

• mem mem

Hi Kontact,

Thanks for posting that info. Do you take liquid Zeolite daily? If so, what kind do you use?

• pure water

This appeal for help makes me think how it can be done. Money can provide food, water, vitamins, herbs and other medications. What about the air? Living with heavy mask all your life does not seem possible. Evacuation is the option, and we know it. Remember how the gov. kept geiger counters? Can it happen with masks, vitamis and zeolite? The children of Fukushima are hostages of saving face policy! Where are UNICEF? Many towns in Europe offered to receive some of this children on a vacation, but some one has to let them go. Has it happened somewhere? Near me it did not. Can we try something else on a lical level? Just part of my concerns…

• glowfus

what exactly is the doctor asking for? they said all the medical care for fuku would be free of cost so this article seems like more of a frustration call than a call for funds and of course evacuation is the only prescription applicable and since that is not going to happen, the health providers are going to see alot of preventable radiation caused illness.

• RememberThis RememberThis

Morning, I did get a reply back from the E-mail addy i gleened from the info given….
    It was a very unusual response…..see what you make of it.
    I quote
    "Thnak for your E-mail.

May I ask you a question?

How did know me?

What kind of the video on Youtube did you see?

Are there any TV news or something on Youtube?

I’m sorry to send you such an E-mail.

Sincerely yours,

Shintaro Kikuchi

• RememberThis RememberThis

I have to go run errands …I will be back to see what yall think.

Have a good day if possible

Steve

• Truth

Not listening! That is not only a curse of the Japanese, but the entire world. No body wants to be told bad news or to have to awake out of their routine life into a nightmare of our reality. It is all too easy to cover this up and to tell them all to go back to sleep. Remember the lead poured down the messenger's throat in the ancient times when he ran home from battle with the bad news?… Remember that when this is here as it is over there… the same reaction and the same inaction will continue. I am pessimistic about our chances unless these in power will start to fear for themselves and their families health also being effected by the radiation. Seems that there are ways they are protecting themselves without sharing it with us. Otherwise how would they be so insane as to allow greed to blind them so completely? There must be more to this. If not, then it is too ironic to even contemplate. We are all sitting by a "burning fuze" and will be told that nothing much happened when it does.

• CaptD CaptD

We need to get more INFO from Japanese posters to learn about this…
    Please tweet and or ask your friend about this issue!

• Sam

"Gonorrhea superbug spreads in Japan"(Reuters) -" Scientists have found a "superbug" strain of gonorrhea in Japan that is resistant to all recommended antibiotics and say it could transform a once easily treatable infection into a global public health threat."

radiation effects virus and bacteria mutations

"Japan has historically been the place for the first emergence and subsequent global spread of different types of resistance in gonorrhea," he said.

• We may be safer actually downloading what looks like important YouTube videos to our hard drives first (using YouTube Downloader or similar).

Or, get the video from the disk cache:

1. about:cache (location bar of Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)-gives a list of clickable cached files

More info on how to do it:

How to download videos from youtube.

• RememberThis RememberThis

Left a comment up a few boxes to B&B in response to the Email I Rcvd. from the DR in Japan…FYI

Im on this :)

Latest Email sent…

Here is a draft of the entire conversation so far :)
    _________________________________________

Thnak for your E-mail.

May I ask you a question?

How did know me?

What kind of the video on Youtube did you see?

Are there any TV news or something on Youtube?

I’m sorry to send you such an E-mail.

Sincerely yours,

Shintaro Kikuchi

From: S V [mailto:oldcigar@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:41 PM
    To: taro-man@wit.ocn.ne.jp
    Subject: Plea for help

Greetings, I am just an average American appalled at what has transpired and I want to help.

Is money the best way?

Please advise the best way.

Sincerely: Stephen Viner

oldcigar@yahoo.com

_________________________________________

Thnak for your E-mail.

May I ask you a question?

How did know me?

What kind of the video on Youtube did you see?

Are there any TV news or something on Youtube?

I’m sorry to send you such an E-mail.

Sincerely yours,

Shintaro Kikuchi

___________________________________
    My latest response
    ___________________________________

Dear DR Kikuchi,
    First I wish to applaud you with all your efforts. You are a hero in my book!

I belong to a unique and caring group of individuals that belong to a very excellent site called ENENEWS

Dear DR Kikuchi,
    First I wish to applaud you with all your efforts. You are a hero in my book!

I saw the video posted with you asking for help from anyone who cares..I care …we care and we will help you as best we can.
    Here is the link to the Story where I first found out about you :)

My screen name is "RememberThis" just so you know.

The site is safe and clean and ran by professionals…my computer is clean and te link is clean.

Please keep in contact with me my friend.

Take Care:
    Sincerely-Steve V.
    AKA "RememberThis"

• RememberThis RememberThis

Sorry had to do a continue there ack

• RememberThis RememberThis

It would be a nice feature for ENENEWS to have the ability to message between members and also the ability to "bump" a thread to the forefront when new comments are posted :)

Jus sayin'

• Holland Holland

Please, no bumping threads. Too easy to manipulate. :)

As of 9:30 MDT I havent heard back from DR. Kukuchi

Ooops …Kikuchi

my bad

• TomSmall

Dual citizenship. And a free cruise to come here. That's what we should offer all families in the stricken zone. And the same from Canada.

Hey, did anyone notice we have a housing surplus here? Let's do the right thing. These children need someplace to go. We will be richer for doing this.

• RememberThis RememberThis

7:40 Am MDT– Still no reply from DR Kikuchi.

Now Im getting a little worried, has he been "Roswelled" or muzzled?

Damn…..

• arclight arclight

heres a link to thyroid related info discussed here on enenews concerning this video…

i recommend this video

this is why…

"..Translation of Rue89 Interview with Wataru Iwata
    APRIL 6, 2012

"On March 13 2011, two days after the Tōhoku Earthquake, tsunami and nuclear accidents at Fukushima occurred, the composer Wataru Iwata left his studio in the suburbs of Tokyo to take refuge in Kyoto. He was completely aware, as the entire population now is, that an unprecedented catastrophe – even larger than Chernobyl – just occurred. After countless sleepless nights, Iwata, who never engaged in activism before, either humanitarian or political, decided to go to Fukushima prefecture on March 20, propelled by a zeal even he cannot fully explain.
    During the following three months, Iwata created “Project 47″, named after the 47 prefectures of Japan. Funds were raised to organize the evacuation of victims and to buy radiation measurement equipment and use it to gather data and publish it. He explains:

“The situation in Japan looks more and more like it did in wartime: television, print and Internet outlets are being called upon to impose a voluntary gag order on themselves.”…."

• arclight arclight

"..propelled by a zeal even he cannot fully explain…"

anyone else feel that??

• arclight arclight

lol! just realised that i may be tipping into religious spiritual stuff here..

we might need a thread for these type of comments? makes sense to me.. as long as it is all inclusive, i have no problem with that! it might even be interesting.. might also solve some technical issues here at enenews.. just saying (very quietly at the bottom of the page in a lemming like whisper).. cough!

• richard richard

:) for me, i've never objected to inspiring speech (well, i hope i didn't). it's when discrimination and questionable 'science' come into play that things get uncomfortable.

non-fiction quotations and historical records may sometimes need to quote material that, in contemporary terms, could be 'offensive'. sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

but i now you weren't too serious about the doubts. i'm just doing my two cents bit :)

• Bobby1

We now can't say the words "zeal" and "judgment" because it might remind somebody of religion…

The entire history of Western civilization is now off limits, because it was dominated by religion for 1,700 years…

We can't talk about the origins of capitalism, because it was set in motion by John Calvin, a religious figure…

etc.

• VanneV anne

+100. I don't know how to talk about the candidates who are running for president either. Surely how the candidate thinks is related to the priorities of his/her thought. For example, I want a candidate who dons not tolerate genocide or murder. And I want a candidate who considers feeding the poor a priority. And I want a candidate who cares whether the poor receive adequate health care. And most of all, I want a candidate who considers nuclear energy and nuclear weapons absolutely incompatible with any life and, as such, outright, premeditated homicide. Ditto for pesticides and herbicides and fossil fuels and GMOs, etc.

• RememberThis RememberThis

As of Monday morning at 12:15Am…No response from the good DR.

I will keep looking