The Children of Fukushima: One Year Later
Uploaded by: marklieb
Uploaded May 17, 2012
Dr. Shintaro Kikuchi, Pediatrician in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture
We need help from outside Japan because Japanese people don’t think the situation for children is getting worse and worse.
We are now in very bad condition. Especially for children.
So please give us help.
At 4:30 in
Contact information at end of video:
- Fukushima Gov't: Over 35% of young people tested have thyroid cysts or nodules
- More children who evacuated Fukushima found with thyroid abnormalities -Report
- Japanese Doctor: Children's health problems increasing -- Incurable stomatitis, chest pain, nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea
- Magazine Scandal: Serious abnormalities found in evacuees; Sapporo doctor shocked by quick onset of suspected thyroid cancers -- Such rapid growth was impossible in children before 3/11, says report
- Gov't kept child radiation survey secret -- Thyroid glands of Iwaki kids exposed to doses up to 35 millisieverts in March alone -- Headquarters didn't want to alarm families
Published: May 18th, 2012 at 1:47 am ET
- Just 0.8% of children in 2001 Japanese control group had thyroid cysts or nodules — 36% in Fukushima study July 15, 2012
- UK newspaper reports on Fukushima children with abnormal thyroid growths July 19, 2012
- Gov’t: 26 Fukushima children found with lumps over 5mm on thyroid gland January 26, 2012
- Local Paper: Now 1,143 Fukushima children with lumps on thyroid gland, not 26 — Nearly 1 in every 3 kids tested — “Gov’t has decided they are benign” January 26, 2012
- Magazine Scandal: Serious abnormalities found in evacuees; Sapporo doctor shocked by quick onset of suspected thyroid cancers — Such rapid growth was impossible in children before 3/11, says report February 24, 2012