Hibakusha Press Conference
Foreign Correspondent’s Club Japan (FCCJ) in Tokyo on
22 May 2012
At 28:30 – 29:40 in
I’m Mr. Murata former Japanese ambassador to Switzerland.
The voices of the victims are not being heard sufficiently because of the efforts of the minimizers of the accident.
Today I want to only pick up one question, the problem of the Unit 4 reactor at Fukushima.
I’m saying this is a global security issue.
Because once an earthquake beyond a magnitude 6 or 7 happens, then the world starts heading towards the ultimate catastrophe.
According to the expert Robert Alvarez, the amount of cesium-137 is 85 times more than Chernobyl.
[Garbled Speech], but there’s not the sense of crisis.
I would like to ask your cooperation to alert the whole world to this danger.
Watch the full video here
Published: May 24th, 2012 at 11:03 am ET
- Former Ambassador: No. 4 reactor a top national security issue for entire world — Could start “the ultimate catastrophe” May 11, 2012
- TV: Nuclear report warns of apocalyptic scenario at Fukushima in weeks ahead — Ambassador: This could one day be considered start of “the ultimate catastrophe of the world and planet” — Tepco: It’s “under control” (VIDEO) October 17, 2013
- ‘Doomsday-like’ radiation release if fire in pool at unit 4 — “It would be a global catastrophe… it already has been, but it would dwarf what’s already happened” -Nuclear Waste Expert May 5, 2012
- Martin Sheen: No issue is more serious than nuclear — Not just for U.S., but entire world (VIDEOS) July 10, 2012
- Report: The people of Japan are responsible for poisoning of world’s food chain due to Fukushima catastrophe — They have to stand up and take action — “The buck has to stop somewhere” (VIDEO) August 11, 2013