Fukushima Reactor Global Security Issue: Japanese Former Diplomat
Thursday, June 7, 2012
The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant Number 4 reactor presents a security problem for the entire world, Mitsuhei Murata, Japan’s former ambassador to Switzerland said.
Fukushima Daiichi plants are “not under control at all… and the situation with nuclear reactors in Japan is like vehicles being driven without a license,” Mr. Murata told a news conference at the foreign correspondents’ club of Japan on June 5.
Recently, people have expressed concerns about Unit 4’s spent fuel pool which stores more than 1500 rods. The unit would be too fragile to withstand an M7-class earthquake.
The Japanese government also thinks that the Unit 4 problem is critical, and are planning to move many of the rods from the pool in 2013.
Warning of the acute danger of Unit 4. at Fukushima Daiichi, Murata said that recent revised estimates by the Japanese government found that the probability of a 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Fukushima within the next three years is 90%. “But Unit 4 reactor, which was substantially damaged by the tsunami and subsequent explosion will not survive a 7.0 magnitude earthquake,” he said.
He pointed out “the nuclear village and nuclear dictatorship is exposed, and public opinion and their movements are strong.”
He concluded that “[...] The true cause for the present crisis is lack of ethics.”
“The true cause for the present crisis is lack of ethics”
This may sound like a simple concept, but often finer details can get in the way.
As commentator Warren Pollock recently advised, “There’s so much fraud in the system, there’s so many lies in the system, that we need not accept them. And then change your own personal conduct to address that, and that will be in your interests.”
Pollock on Fukushima:
Published: June 7th, 2012 at 9:56 am ET
- Former Japan Official: “Unstoppable contamination of Pacific Ocean… is seriously menacing US West Coast” — “Fukushima now undeniably a global security issue… can’t be brought under control by single state” — Experts: Wave of radiation will be 10 times more than entire world’s nuclear tests combined December 2, 2015
- U.S. Ambassador’s letter from former Japan Ambassador: “Worsening radioactive contamination of the sea will soon awaken whole world” — Problem at Fukushima is “beyond control” November 6, 2013
- TV: Fukushima could be out of control for next 100 years, says nuclear expert — “Facing a huge problem” — Very, very serious threat from M6 quake — “Scary situation” (VIDEO) September 3, 2013
- CNBC: Fukushima crisis “a global problem, not just a Japan problem” says professor… “Denial & cover-up clearly not working” — TV: “Many now say disaster has spun out of control, and its full extent hidden from public” (VIDEOS) September 5, 2013
- Tepco Press Conference: The situation at Fukushima is bleak — “This discharge is beyond our control” (VIDEO) August 6, 2013