- The recent news reports concerning the out-of-control situation in Fukushima, with hundreds of tons of radioactive groundwater and waste water from leaky tanks flowing into the Pacific Ocean on a daily basis [...] is something investors should keep in mind.
- World Economic Forum held its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. [...] One of the World Economic Forum’s communities is the Risk Response Network. [...] 78-page report for the 2013 annual meeting entitled, Global Risks 2013 — Eighth Edition. The report’s topics included: [...] The Dangers of Hubris on Human Health and Building National Resilience to Global Risks.
- The ongoing radiation leakage from Fukushima and its impact on the rest of the world were surprisingly not included on the list.
- Nothing provides a better example of “The Dangers of Hubris on Human Health” than Fukushima. The plume of radioactive water from this disaster is expected to hit America’s Pacific Coast duirng the first months of 2014.
- Investors should be prepared for the economic consequences of this disaster because the worst may be yet to come.
- Bottom line: Cautious investors should be paying close attention to the latest scientific data concerning the ongoing risks posed by the continuing radiation leakage from Fukushima because the economic consequences could become even more tragic than they currently seem.
Published: September 15th, 2013 at 6:00 pm ET