Analysis: Prepare for Fukushima’s economic consequences, worst may be yet to come — Pay close attention to latest scientific data from plant, it could become even more tragic — Examine impact on rest of world
Title: Will Investors Fear the X Factor in Fukushima?
Source: Wall Street Sector Selector
Author: John Burne
Date: Sept. 13, 2013
- The recent news reports concerning the out-of-control situation in Fukushima, with hundreds of tons of radioactive groundwater and waste water from leaky tanks flowing into the Pacific Ocean on a daily basis [...] is something investors should keep in mind.
- World Economic Forum held its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. [...] One of the World Economic Forum’s communities is the Risk Response Network. [...] 78-page report for the 2013 annual meeting entitled, Global Risks 2013 — Eighth Edition. The report’s topics included: [...] The Dangers of Hubris on Human Health and Building National Resilience to Global Risks.
- The ongoing radiation leakage from Fukushima and its impact on the rest of the world were surprisingly not included on the list.
- Nothing provides a better example of “The Dangers of Hubris on Human Health” than Fukushima. The plume of radioactive water from this disaster is expected to hit America’s Pacific Coast duirng the first months of 2014.
- Investors should be prepared for the economic consequences of this disaster because the worst may be yet to come.
- Bottom line: Cautious investors should be paying close attention to the latest scientific data concerning the ongoing risks posed by the continuing radiation leakage from Fukushima because the economic consequences could become even more tragic than they currently seem.
Full report here
- First Ever: US nuclear plant permanently shutting down for economic reasons — More may be at risk of closing — Possible “Domino Effect” discussed (VIDEO) October 22, 2012
- Homeland Security-funded Study: Playing down public’s concern over radioactive fallout has huge economic benefits — “We’re not trying to bamboozle the public” May 3, 2012
- Feds: U.S. plutonium facility at risk of collapsing — “Potential for very high offsite dose consequences” #LosAlamos June 28, 2013
- Nuclear Engineer: If quake caused weakness at Virginia’s North Anna nuke plant, hurricane could take it rest of way to failure August 27, 2011
- World’s most dangerous nuke plant located in Ohio, ranked by exposure to radiation — Fukushima was #5 July 26, 2011