Title: San Onofre insider says NRC should not allow nuclear restart
Author: JW August
Date: April 25, 2013
h/t Anonymous tip
For the first time, a source from inside the San Onofre nuclear power plant has come forward to warn that restarting the power plant is too dangerous.
“There is something grossly wrong,” said the inside source, a safety engineer who worked at San Onofre and has 25 years in the nuclear field. [...]
He wants to remain anonymous because he told Team 10 he fears for his safety.
“When they made these changes, they did not look at the academic research nor use critical question and an investigative attitude,” said the source. [...]
The anonymous insider and [Dr. Joe Hopenfeld, a former employee of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission] said if there is a main steam line break, there is potential for the reactor core to overheat – which could mean a full or partial meltdown. [...]
Published: April 27th, 2013 at 11:58 am ET
- CBS: Level 2 emergency declared at California nuke plant after ammonia leak — “Orange County Emergency Ops. Center has been activated” — Potential substandard degradation in level of safety of plant November 1, 2011
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- TV: “Unbelievable”… Officials made ‘spoof’ video inside troubled California nuclear plant — “So many safety hazards lieutenants, are you prepared to get us out of our current situation?” (VIDEO) May 28, 2013
- Fairewinds Special Edition: They covered up the truth at San Onofre nuke plant — Knowingly put public safety in Southern California at risk (AUDIO) February 8, 2013
- Gundersen: I’d be very concerned if I lived around California nuke plant — “Just an experiment waiting to go wrong” (VIDEO) February 6, 2013