(Subscription Only) Title: House explodes near Albion
Source: KPC News
Author: Bob Braley
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 1:00am
A house in rural Albion exploded Tuesday afternoon, demolishing the building and leaving a couple homeless, the Albion Fire Department said. The home of Pete M. and Ella Jimenez at 2435 E. C.R. 175, was destroyed by the explosion, said Albion Deputy Fire Chief John Urso [...]
[... Albion Deputy Fire Chief John] Urso tells WANE-TV that firefighters had the propane gas and other utilities to the house shut off but that there was no fire from the explosion. The blast sent debris across the road and left the home’s second-floor section toppled onto the ground.
Firefighter Tim Tumbleson tells The News Sun that the explosion shook his house about a quarter-mile away.
Title: Explosion destroys Albion home
Date: Nov. 14, 2012
- “Firefighters still aren’t sure exactly what happened” -Reporter
- “I didn’t see any flames” -Resident
- “It’s undetermined what caused this because there was not fire with this explosion” -Fire Captain John Urso
- “It took the home off its foundation. That could tell you right there that type of explosion to take a house off its foundation had to be pretty substantial.”
Published: November 14th, 2012 at 8:57 am ET