10 thousand sardines were found dead on the beach in Minami shitaura machi Miura city Kanagawa
From the result of simple water quality testing, nothing abnormal was found. Prefectural government is going to investigate more.
Staff talks there is a possibility that the sardines were chased after large predators from offshore, but a farmer near this area talks he hasn’t seen such a thing before.
Published: June 15th, 2012 at 6:36 pm ET
- Massive fish kill outside Tokyo in Chiba — “The sight is somewhat apocalyptic” — “Almost looks like a carpet of sardines” (PHOTOS) June 6, 2012
- NBC: Ocean stained with blood at Japanese port city — Gizmodo: “The scariest thing is that no one is sure why this is happening”; 200 tons of dead sardines (PHOTOS) June 8, 2012
- Photo: 400+ microsieverts per hour at elementary school 60 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi September 12, 2012
- Photo: Over 100 cattle have died at farm since 3/11 — Farmer says it’s from Fukushima Syndrome October 11, 2012
- Mistake? Local Gov’t: 330 Million bq/km² of radioactivity found yesterday 50 mi. from Tokyo — Had been ‘not detected’ for weeks — Now at March levels (CHART) September 22, 2011