Title: Dramatic tornados sweep through Japan
Date: 15 Nov 2012
h/t Aonymous tip
Two massive tornados have swept through the western region of Japan. [...]
Tornadoes are relatively rare in Japan and the agency has issued further warnings of strong winds, lightning and tornados. [...]
Strong winds are expected to persist and the flow from western Japan is expected to continue pushing cool air into the northern regions, causing unstable weather.
Title: Rare tornado caught on tape in Japan
Date: Nov. 14, 2012
A Japanese television crew captured a rare tornado hovering over a city along the country’s coast on Wednesday. [...]
Japan’s meteorological agency has issued warnings of similar tornados across the country following freak hail storms and weather patterns, especially on the coast bordering the sea of Japan.
Published: November 15th, 2012 at 4:37 am ET
- Japan Times: Fukushima may be inundated by typhoon on Monday — Center of storm forecast to pass over nuclear plant — Over 15 inches of rain predicted in region — Flood and mudslide warnings issued for Pacific coast (PHOTO) September 15, 2013
- Quake near Magnitude 7 hits off northeast Japan — Country’s strongest since 2013 — Felt along entire Pacific coastline, distance of over 1,000 kilometers — Followed by multiple aftershocks, one centered at Japan Trench — Official: Event related to massive 3/11 quake (VIDEO) February 16, 2015
- Bad Sign? AP: “Heavy rains reopen Baltimore sink hole” (VIDEO) — Louisiana declares state of emergency, tells 50,000+ to evacuate as hurricane warnings issued August 27, 2012
- TV: Dangerous typhoon causing massive damage in Japan — “Life-threatening flash flooding” expected for Fukushima, rain up to 10 inches — AP: “Packing winds up to 180 km per hour” — Experts warn of tornadoes, mudslides, and high waves along Pacific coast — Navy: Max. wave height now 37 feet (VIDEO) October 6, 2014
- Japan Experts: Active fault runs underneath MOX fuel plant — Warnings of massive quake December 19, 2012