AP: Nuclear reactor reportedly damaged by quake — Sources: “Long cracks have appeared in at least one section of structure”
Title: Iran’s Reactor Said Damaged by Quakes
Author: George Jahn
Date: June 4, 2013
Diplomats say countries monitoring Iran’s nuclear program have picked up information that the country’s only power-producing nuclear reactor was damaged by one or more recent earthquakes.
Two diplomats say long cracks have appeared in at least one section of the structure.
They demanded anonymity Tuesday because they are not authorized to divulge confidential information. [...]
- Top British Paper: Massive explosion believed to have damaged nuclear facility in Iran -Sources January 28, 2013
- NBC News: ‘Devastating’ quake strikes near nuclear plant (VIDEO) April 9, 2013
- Unprecedented Move: IAEA shifts 47 Japan reactors to ‘Long Term Shutdown’ — Number of reactors ‘in operation’ worldwide at lowest level since Chernobyl in 1986 January 17, 2013
- AP: IAEA inspectors at Iranian nuclear facility say no explosion -Source January 29, 2013
- Fire shuts down unit at nuclear plant — Officials: “Triggered by ‘minor’ fire in oil tanker outside reactor building” April 17, 2013