Fairewinds Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen Lecture in Japan
Presented by Green Action Japan
September 3, 2012
At 1:49:00 in
Gundersen: If an earthquake damages the pool and the water drains out, it’s less than a day before the fire begins.
Which is why when I asked Tepco have you prepositioned chemicals on-site in the event you were to lose water, and to hear they had not even considered prepositioning chemicals was frankly appalling.
Published: September 4th, 2012 at 1:03 am ET
- No. 4 fuel pool will swing like upside down pendulum during quake — Suspended 100 feet in air (VIDEO) May 11, 2012
- Richter 7 quake would likely crack, drain, and burn Fukushima Unit 4 fuel pool — “We’d be reliving March 11 all over again” (VIDEO) September 10, 2012
- Japan TV: Steel beam found next to fuel rod assemblies in Fukushima fuel pool — Tepco raises possibility of damage (VIDEO) September 25, 2012
- Nuclear Expert on No. 4 Fuel Pool: “They’re pumping water in and it’s draining out into basement, they suck it out of basement and put it back in at top” (VIDEO) May 4, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 likely to shatter or collapse onto its side in a M7.0 quake (AUDIO) April 11, 2012