Appalling: Tepco admits there’s no prepositioned chemicals at Fukushima plant in event water drains from fuel pool after quake — “They had not even considered it” (VIDEO)
Fairewinds Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen Lecture in Japan
Presented by Green Action Japan
September 3, 2012
At 1:49:00 in
Gundersen: If an earthquake damages the pool and the water drains out, it’s less than a day before the fire begins.
Which is why when I asked Tepco have you prepositioned chemicals on-site in the event you were to lose water, and to hear they had not even considered prepositioning chemicals was frankly appalling.
- Japan TV: Steel beam found next to fuel rod assemblies in Fukushima fuel pool — Tepco raises possibility of damage (VIDEO) September 25, 2012
- Official: All of these chemicals are coming out of ground by Louisiana sinkhole — Actually the chemical compounds are mixing together… some still not identified (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Temperature rising in No. 4 spent fuel pool despite increased water injections (VIDEO) April 25, 2011
- Video of damaged spent fuel pool No. 3 reveals single bundle of fuel that is very near water surface — “There should be a lot of bundles” (VIDEO) July 3, 2011
- “New problem”: TEPCO says No. 4 spent fuel pool may be leaking (VIDEO) April 26, 2011