(Subscription Only) Title: Fukushima disaster-response video now online
Source: THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
Date: October 06, 2012
Video of how Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant staff responded to the unfolding disaster is now available for public viewing after the operator posted selected footage on its website.
The six hours of video shows teleconference conversations between staff at the site and their supervisors at Tokyo Electric Power Co. headquarters, and gives a first-hand account of the problems and delays they encountered as three reactors overheated and fuel inside melted.
But The Asahi Shimbun is demanding that TEPCO do more than that and release all video footage related to the accident.
Watch the 6 hours of footage here
Published: October 6th, 2012 at 5:53 am ET
- Asahi TV: “There are much more shocking parts yet to be seen” in secret Fukushima footage (VIDEO) October 11, 2012
- Asahi: New 3/11 footage shows “disaster loomed” at Fukushima Reactor No. 5 January 24, 2013
- Asahi: Tepco ‘failure’ may have increased Fukushima radiation release — Concern over ‘lethal levels’ escaping from ruptured containment vessel June 5, 2013
- Tepco’s Fukushima Footage: Top of containment vessel could be destroyed — Several executives bury faces in hands, others sigh after talk of damaged containment August 7, 2012
- Official: Tepco has failed at Fukushima, no progress made — Tepco to change name, start new business — Tepco demands nuclear workers return payments, anger passed tipping point January 11, 2014