Follow-up to: Isaac's storm track shifts toward sinkhole, preparations underway -- Could become "extremely dangerous" hurricane (MAP)
Title: Heavy rains reopen Baltimore sink hole
Date: Aug 26, 2012
A Baltimore public works official says two apartments were evacuated after heavy rains reopened a sink hole.
Department of Public Works spokesman Kurt Kocher says the sink hole covers most of the street
Two apartments above businesses on the north side of the street have been evacuated along with the businesses because the hole has expanded
The spokesman says heavy rains over the weekend reopened the site where repairs previously had been made to a sinkhole
Title: 53,000 in Louisiana told to leave ahead of Isaac
Date: Aug 26, 2012
More than 50,000 residents of a southeast Louisiana parish have been told to evacuate ahead of Tropical Storm Isaac, while the governor says he is likely to skip the Republican National Convention.
A hurricane warning was issued for parts of the state east of Morgan City, which includes the New Orleans area.
Isaac is expected to be a strong Category 2 hurricane when it comes ashore
h/t Anonymous tip
Published: August 27th, 2012 at 1:17 am ET
- Isaac’s storm track shifts toward sinkhole, preparations underway — Could become “extremely dangerous” hurricane (MAP) August 26, 2012
- Virginia Gov. declares state of emergency: Damage from quake greater than first reported — Hurricane threatens already weakened structures August 26, 2011
- Latest Forecast: Isaac heading toward sinkhole — Now under Hurricane Warning — Storm to sit over area for days (MAP) August 27, 2012
- Issac upgraded to hurricane — Eye of storm headed for sinkhole — Assumption Parish now under mandatory evacuation order August 28, 2012
- ABC Expert on Sinkhole Hurricane: The last thing we want is for it to be really wet — Could lead to collapse in sidewalls August 29, 2012