Nicholas Fisher, a professor of marine sciences at Stony Brook University in New York says he was ‘stunned’ to find the radioactive signal in bluefin tuna.
h/t Anonymous tip
Transcript Excerpt at 4:20 in
Fisher: The fish that will be arriving around now, and in the coming months, to California waters may be carrying considerably more radioactivity and if so they may possibly be a public health hazard.
Watch the video here
Published: May 29th, 2012 at 8:21 am ET
- Full California Tuna Study Now Online: Possibility of radioactive contamination raises public health concerns — Spent less than a month in waters near Japan — Turtles, sharks, birds also at risk? May 30, 2012
- Scientists: “Absolutely every one” of bluefin tunas tested from S. California was contaminated with Fukushima radiation — “We were definitely surprised to see it at all – and even more surprised to see it in every one we measured” May 28, 2012
- Professor: California bluefin tuna may have been contaminated by radioactive substances from Fukushima that traveled across Pacific, rather than contamination off coast of Japan — We don’t know exactly what is happening (VIDEO) October 10, 2013
- Forbes: Radiation in California bluefin tuna may be a blessing — Lead Scientist: My first thought was this will do more for conservation of this animal than nearly anything else could May 31, 2012
- Head Researcher: California bluefin tuna with Fukushima cesium in waters near Japan for under a month? What will they look like after spending entire life there? (AUDIO) July 16, 2012