Title: Fukushima Visited by IAEA as Tepco Faces Risk of Dumping Claims
Author: Jonathan Tirone
Date: Apr 15, 2013 8:23 AM ET
[...] Tepco Faces Risk of Dumping Claims
[...] complications have raised the risk that Tepco may release radioactive wastewater into the Pacific Ocean.
Dumping radioactive waste has been internationally outlawed since 1994 [...]
[...] People exposed to tainted seafood may also be eligible for claims, [Martyn Day, the senior partner at London-based Leigh Day & Co.] wrote in an e-mail. [...]
See also: Bloomberg: Radioactive water from Fukushima reactors to be dumped in Pacific? "It's obvious they can't keep storing it forever"
Published: April 15th, 2013 at 10:46 am ET
- Bloomberg: Radioactive water from Fukushima reactors to be dumped in Pacific? “It’s obvious they can’t keep storing it forever” April 11, 2013
- Japan Gov’t: It’s “inevitable” that Fukushima radioactive water will be dumped in Pacific Ocean — “Tepco has no choice” July 26, 2013
- Hundreds of tons of radioactive water now being intentionally dumped into Pacific at Fukushima plant — Tepco: “We’d like to express our sincere appreciation” — Nuclear water stored since last year to be dumped next week — Official: Tepco “utterly inept” at taking accurate radiation readings (VIDEO) May 21, 2014
- CNN Nuclear Expert: Fukushima plant is in ‘uncharted territory’ — Highly radioactive water to either be boiled until it evaporates, or dumped in ocean August 6, 2013
- Gundersen: They want to dump all Fukushima’s radioactive water in Pacific — Tepco: It will be diluted, then released — Professor suggests pumping it out in deep ocean (VIDEOS) December 2, 2013