Status of the Nuclear Reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi Power Plant, New York Times, March 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm EDT:
Resumption of spraying of water on the building to cool the spent fuel pool; the water temperature is 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
Read the report here.
Published: March 24th, 2011 at 4:42 pm ET
- No. 4 spent fuel pool only 8 degrees below boiling point June 23, 2011
- Japan Gov’t Papers After 3/11: Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 at boiling point — It is empty — Heat caused fire May 16, 2012
- U. of Tokyo analysis: Mystery explosion at Reactor No. 4 caused by radiation dissolving water in boiling spent fuel pool — Contradicts TEPCO’s assumption September 15, 2011
- Fukushima Report: Fire created “8 square meter hole in the wall” at Unit No. 4 — Fuel pool only 15 degrees from boiling point by March 14, explosion next day March 16, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: I believe entire No. 4 fuel pool had drained to point where boiling occurred — Footage shows top of fuel racks were exposed to air (VIDEO) May 13, 2012