Published: March 13th, 2013 at 5:16 pm ET

Title: 原発20キロ圏内に生きる男 – Alone in the Zone
Source: Vice
Date: March 10, 2013

At 5:45 in

Naoto Matsumura, Farmer: My cousin works for Tepco. […] I asked if everything was okay. “It’ll be fine in a couple of days.” What a liar! After making his own family flee! Horrible, right? He lied right to the end.

That’s how brainwashed the Tepco staff are. Just like a cult. They’re brainwashed. They believe that nuclear power plants are completely safe and accident-proof.

When that explosion happened, the Tepco guys fled to the quake-proof tower. After a while there, they heard a loud BOOM!

Afterwards, I asked them what they thought it was. They all thought it was a missile from North Korea, because nuclear power plants aren’t meant to explode.

Watch the video here

Published: March 13th, 2013 at 5:16 pm ET

14 comments to Brainwashed: Tepco like a cult — Workers thought missile from North Korea caused Fukushima explosion (VIDEO)

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

They don't know whats happening til after the fact, as with any nuclear disaster.

• PhilipUpNorth

I have just one word for the nuclear priesthood: BOOM!

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

agreed PhilipUpNorth…

• I have just one word for the nuclear priesthood:Drone

• We Not They Finally

Is Money really that important than selling the human race down the drain the only way to go? Worse we are selling the earth down the drain.How much longer??? Whats next? Get your bucket lists ready… Does the elite really think there is safety anywhere?
      AS I continually say there is only a matter of time.The bad seeds of plutonium disaster has been sown.Well destroying the earth will certainly solve the problem of 7 billion souls…Not to mention the millions of species that will also perish.It goes like this.First the oceans will die that means 70& of the oxygen this planet has gone.Food chains gone.Genes and DNA destroyed.No end to damage.

• We Not They Finally

It seems that the comment that there probably arent any civilizations anywhere in the universe at our level of evolution is true
      Because if they got to our level of evolution they probably destroyed themselves….

• VyseLegendaire VyseLegendaire

That old guy is my hero

• HH

Speaking of brainwashed, another pro-nuke puff piece by NPR. On the two-year anniversary of Fukushima, no less.

Please Comment on this article if you can.

"Depression And Anxiety Could Be Fukushima's Lasting Legacy"

• HH

I found this article on a former Fukushima robot operator who wrote a blog back in April 2011.

The blog was deleted, but some of it was recovered and translated.

Good info on the robots and working conditions.

One entry says:

"One of my dosimeter’s alarms began to go off and would not stop. . . . When I asked one of the radiation management personnel . . . he said, "There is nothing wrong with it, so please continue your work.” So I did!"

May 11th, 2011 entry:

"Yesterday was my turn to be the pilot, and I went into nuclear reactor No. 3. There was no going up and down stairs, but there was considerable rubble"

"The No. 4 nuclear reactor building, where I was during the earthquake, is now a disaster because of the tsunami."

May 31st entry:

"Today’s trouble
    - An injured person
    I cannot be certain of the details because it is not related to our company, but I heard that there was a person injured at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant."

June 3rd entry:

Unit 1: "the radiation level is about 60 mSv/h, which is about the same as the surroundings." "As it happened, we found a hot spot.
    There was a maximum of 4 Sv/h (4,000 mSv/h)." "It fluctuated between 2 and 4 Sv/h, so we measured it as accurately as possible, and the data result was 3.2 Sv/h (3,200 mSv/h)."

June 15:

He's getting migraine headaches.

July 3:

After decontaminating, Unit 3, levels still high but some dropped to 80 mSv/h.

• enoughalready45 enoughalready45

Organizational Psychosis and the Nuclear Connection w/Dr. Lloyd C. Williams

This is a great interview on Nuclear HotSeat Podcast. For those of us who are baffled by the thinking behind the pro-nukers ability to justify away the harm the nuclear industry has caused and can potentially cause this method of evaluation gives us some method to understand them. I think this also can apply to people who live near or rely upon the nuclear industry second hand and can help when thinking about how to work with people who seem indifferent, resign to or disconnected to the nuclear threat they live or work near to.