Japan parliament to release Fukushima probe report
July 4, 2012
A Japanese parliamentary panel is to release its report into the handling of the nuclear disaster at Fukushima, after months of hearings.
Independent investigation into Fukushima says accident was “clearly manmade” – the result of collusion between govt, regulators & Tepco.
Fukushima commission report: evidence that the earthquake, not tsunami, damaged safety equipment on 11 March 2011; calls for 3rd party probe
Full story will appear on the Guardian website later. In the meantime, read all McCurry’s tweets on the report here
Subscription Only: Fukushima disaster caused by man
July 5, 2012
The disaster in the nuclear power station of Fukushima was caused in part by man and not only by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami [...] “It is clear that this incident was caused by man,” states one of the conclusions of the report.
“Governments, regulation authorities and TEPCO failed to show a sense of responsibility to protect people’s lives and society”
Published: July 5th, 2012 at 1:49 am ET
- Video: Japan expert reveals “serious obstruction” at Fukushima — Investigation blocked into whether Reactor 1 was damaged by quake, not tsunami February 7, 2013
- Nuclear Scientist: Fukushima an apocalyptic disaster that will haunt future generations; World now an experimental lab with humans as guinea pigs — Japan Gov’t Report: Fukushima is worse than 3/11 quake and tsunami December 9, 2014
- Very shallow, intense quake hits Fukushima — Registered 5- of 7 on Japan seismic scale — No tsunami warning issued August 12, 2012
- Kyodo: Fukushima No. 4 reactor “was damaged by the M9.0 quake and tsunami” October 6, 2012
- NYTimes: Report suggests extensive damage from quake at Fukushima Daiichi — Pipes may have burst leading to loss of cooling within 30 minutes — “Casts doubts on safety of Japan’s entire fleet of nuclear plants” July 5, 2012