Officials: “Event” has occurred at giant sinkhole — Surface appears covered in thick black oil (VIDEO)
Title: Sinkhole Event
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date: Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:55p ET
An event occurred at the sinkhole around 11:30 pm today which is being considered as a “burp”.
Vegetative debris and hydrocarbons came up from below the sinkhole.
A few trees in the southwest corner did fall in however most of the debris came from below the sinkhole.
Texas Brine removed all crews from the sinkhole and is checking the boom surrounding the area to make sure everything is in tact [sic].
- Officials: ‘Burp event’ underway at giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Lots of activity” — “Abundant surface water movement” (VIDEO) July 19, 2013
- Tree trunks in giant sinkhole covered with over a foot of black oil (PHOTOS & VIDEO) October 21, 2012
- Officials Confirm: Crude oil is flowing to surface of giant sinkhole — USGS reporting seismic activity November 28, 2012
- Officials: ‘Growth event’ underway at giant sinkhole — Salt may be shifting underground — Site evacuated, equipment removed — Oxy 3 well pad in jeopardy (MAP) January 19, 2013
- Officials: ‘Burp Event’ at giant Louisiana sinkhole — “Additional hydrocarbons are present” — “Seismic activity has been active” (VIDEO) June 21, 2013