Helen Caldicott: The Medical Implications of Fukushima, Nuclear Power and Nuclear Proliferation
Filmed: March 23, 2012
Published: May 22, 2012
Uploaded by: sugminbajstolle
Dr. Helen Caldicott: They don’t know how to clean it up. It’s not in cold shutdown.
The corium — the mass, hundred tons of melted uranium lava — is laying on the floor of the containment vessels.
It hasn’t finished and will never finish.
I think it means the end of Japan financially.
Is the corium inside the containment vessels? Top Japan official: Very strong possibility there is nuclear fuel outside containment vessel (VIDEO)
Title: Helen Caldicott
Caldicott… received her medical degree in 1961 from the University of Adelaide Medical School. In 1977 she joined the staff of the Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Boston, and taught pediatrics at the Harvard Medical School from 1977 to 1978. [...]
During her time in the United States from 1977 to 1986, Caldicott was involved with Physicians for Social Responsibility (founded originally in 1961), an organization of 23,000 doctors committed to educating others on the dangers of nuclear energy. She also worked abroad to establish similar groups [...] One such international group (International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War) was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1985 [...]
Watch the 58-minute video here
Published: May 23rd, 2012 at 1:03 pm ET
- Expert to discuss radioactive material being emptied into ocean from Fukushima Daiichi -Caldicott (AUDIO) January 16, 2013
- Caldicott: Terribly alarming what’s happening in Japan — Signs of radiation sickness reported in children after 3/11 — Lies are being fed to the people (AUDIO) January 19, 2013
- Caldicott: All of Japan contaminated by Fukushima — “Realistic estimate is 60,000 km², occupied by 46 million people” — “Things are grim, it gets worse by the day” — Unheard of in history, 100s of tons of melted fuel may be in earth (VIDEO) April 3, 2014
- Caldicott: I think some of the Fukushima plant workers exposed to very high levels of radiation have died — There’s a coverup by Tepco and gov’t, so we don’t know what’s really going on (VIDEO) July 10, 2012
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013