Title: Forgotten Fukushima-Japan Two Years After the Daiichi Accident
Source: Fairewinds Energy Education
Date: Feb. 24, 2013
At 7:00 in
Dr. Helen Caldicott, Helen Caldicott Foundation*: It takes my breath away, I’ve never seen anything really so despicable in my 40, 50 years of being a doctor, that people are being ignored in the face of great danger.
At 11:00 in
Caldicott: I watched the accident and thought, “My God this is the worst thing that’s ever happened, ever.” And Arnie [Gundersen] verified that, the worst industrial accident ever to have occurred. It’s irreparable. It can’t be cleaned up.
(*For details of the symposium sponsored by the Helen Caldicott Foundation on March 11-12 in New York City, please visit http://www.nuclearfreeplanet.org/symposium.html)
Published: February 25th, 2013 at 11:43 am ET
- Expert to discuss radioactive material being emptied into ocean from Fukushima Daiichi -Caldicott (AUDIO) January 16, 2013
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Caldicott: “They think ‘China Syndrome’ has happened at one or several of these reactors” — “Nuclear engineers don’t know what to do” — “No way they can contain it… There is nothing to do, I think they’ll never clean it up, never” (VIDEO) October 5, 2013
- Radio: “Continually, radioactive elements are being flushed into the Pacific” — “The Fukushima accident will never end, they have no idea how to clean it up” -Caldicott (AUDIO) January 19, 2013
- Fukushima Doctor: Cancer found in over 40 children… We believe it’s related to the nuclear disaster — Physician: Leukemia cases to increase in next few months? (AUDIO) October 11, 2013