Title: Report raises fresh concerns about radiation levels in Japanese fish
Source: CTV’s Canada AM
Date: Oct. 7, 2013
Report raises fresh concerns about radiation levels in Japanese fish
Two and a half years after the Fukushima nuclear plant disaster in Japan, concerns are again being raised about radiation levels in fish caught in the Pacific Ocean. [...]
At 0:30 in
Beverly Thompson, Host: These numbers are just staggering.
At 1:15 in
Gordon Edwards, Court-qualified nuclear expert and president of the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility: The average concentration in the fish, the average concentration of radioactive cesium has gone up considerably.
At 4:00 in
Edwards: Canadian authorities and the global authorities are really doing us all a disservice by not following and monitoring this much more closely. They’re treating this as though it’s kind of a ho-hum situation, but in fact, it’s a major event worldwide and it should be studies very carefully [...]
Thompson: They are certainly staggering numbers.
See also: Physician in Canada on Cancer Estimates: Epidemic of Fukushima radiation-related deaths from consuming Pacific fish? "Vast implications for human health" -- "I eat so much salmon... I'm vulnerable"
Published: October 7th, 2013 at 2:59 pm ET
- Skyrocketing deaths on West Coast — Experts: “Extreme Mortality Event… dying in such high numbers… such great numbers… very concerned” — “It’s so mysterious… What is going on here?!” — “Possibilities like fallout from Fukushima” — Only 2 full necropsies on 700 deaths (VIDEOS) September 2, 2015
- Senior Scientist: Fukushima radiation already on West Coast of N. America — We don’t know how much is coming or how fast it’s moving, situation ‘evolving’ — Levels will continue to rise for years — Unprecedented event for Pacific, largest ever radioactive release into ocean (VIDEO) January 15, 2014
- National Geopraphic: Fears are mounting that Fukushima radiation could lead to dangerous contamination levels in seafood from Pacific — At least for now fish are not glowing so ‘eat up’! September 12, 2013
- Gizmodo: Entirely possible leaking nuclear material from Fukushima is going to U.S. and Canada — Bloomberg: “Fish contamination concerns have spread beyond Japan” July 23, 2013
- TV: Concerns about rain on U.S. West Coast having Fukushima contamination — “The monitoring effort, our vigilance, should be stepped up” (VIDEO) October 19, 2013