Canadian gov’t now plans to start radiation testing on fish off B.C. coast

Published: August 19th, 2011 at 6:34 pm ET

West Coast fish to be tested for Fukushima radiation, CBC News, August 19, 2011:

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency plans to start testing fish off the coast of British Columbia for the presence of radiation stemming from the Fukushima nuclear disaster [...]

Fisheries activist Alexandra Morton with the Raincoast Research Society says she supports the testing, but calls the announcement a political move. Morton says millions of sockeye have started returning to the Fraser River and the fishing season is already well underway.

Salmon are a particular concern to Morton and others because their wide-ranging migration patterns can take them right across the Pacific Ocean to the coast of Japan. [...]

More from Morton

If they were actually concerned about the health of people and the fish, they would have started this actually at the beginning of the commercial openings. But to release this two days before the disease hearings at the Cohen inquiry, to me it’s a political statement, it’s a political effort to appear responsible.

See yesterday’s report: Marine biologist in Canada: Salmon species needs to be tested for radiation — Gov’t doesn’t want us to know

Published: August 19th, 2011 at 6:34 pm ET

1. Canadian Gov’t: “There’s going to be radiation from Fukushima for years to come… Testing will never stop” — US Gov’t: There’s no reason to believe radioactive plume coming to West Coast February 21, 2014
  2. Leaders on West Coast: Gov’t is “highly irresponsible… very negligent” for not testing in Pacific as Fukushima radiation arrives — Contamination of seafood is going to happen — “We don’t want to get cancer… We have a right to know if our fish is safe” — Gov’t: Testing ‘not required’ February 8, 2014
  3. Canadian Newspapers: Gov’t “profoundly negligent” for not testing — Fukushima ocean plume detected at coast June 2013 — “My good feelings vanished… more I thought… less convinced I became” — Officials must be more forthcoming February 7, 2014
  4. Canadian official publicly claims ‘no concern’ over new Fukushima leak info… Yet privately requested tests on salmon, due to “great public concern about potential radiation contamination in these fish” August 19, 2013
  5. Marine biologist in Canada: Salmon species needs to be tested for radiation — Gov’t doesn’t want us to know August 19, 2011

48 comments to Canadian gov’t now plans to start radiation testing on fish off B.C. coast

• Whoopie Whoopie

About time. Thanks enenews!

• Anthony Anthony

There’d be no excuse left for America not to do the same huh? And we better brace yourself for the results. A profound quantity of ‘white hot” water was dumped into our Ocean.

• Their perfect opportunity to spin out some false readings.

Fish testing should have been done the last 5 months if there was any concern for health. So, the motivation must be elsewhere.

• arclight arclight

well done admin…you single handedly (more or less) took on the establishment and won…congratulations! big up for enenews!! errr!

• fuckyoushima

this’ll be interesting.

• They will use the same testing facilities in Poland that were used for the GOM lab work. It’s been more than a year and we still haven’t received the lab results!

• arclight arclight

same as bp you say …think you might be right
      same lawyer set up..the 101 dodgy lawyers

same media clampdown…. lol i dont know where to start on this one guffaw!

same testing company (doubles as a rendition stop)

same mitigation strategy…get pissed at night and say HUH? during the day!

same exclusion zone
      same denial
      same change of directors
      same bloody pr company
      same bangstas
      same energy interests
      same same same
      oh different country

• Hemisfear311 Hemisfear311

Imagine what will happen, if the salmon are found to be contaminated.

I hope the Canadian love their children too.

• bigisland bigisland

Remember Tuna is at the top of the food chain as well and they migrate and swim everywhere, too.

• jwfuki

Think I’ll pass on all of the 5 main species (there are a few species that are indigenous to Japan and eastern Russia) of Pacific Salmon this year; Chinook-aka King salmon, Coho-aka Silver salmon, Sockeye-aka Red salmon, Pink-aka “Humpies”, Chum-aka Dog salmon.

There is also a Rainbow Trout strain known as Steel head that migrates between salt and fresh water streams as well…..

Although they may make great gifts to certain fish eating executives whom shall remain nameless………

• I don’t know if you all have seen this link, apologies if it has already been posted

very accessible discussion of effects

• THAT IS SCARY. I cannot get to it either anymore from the link I posted here or my blog.

CYBER WAR heating up?

Well I SAVED IT and will happily email it to anyone who wants it majiandsn@yahoo.com

CHEAP TRICKS WILL FUEL RESISTANCE

I’VE ALSO NOTIFIED CONTACTS IN MY LOCAL MEDIA AND UNIVERSITY ABOUT THE CYBERWAR GOING ON IN CASE ANYONE GETS TARGETED FOR MORE AGGRESSIVE REPRISALS

PAPER TRAILS EXIST

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno

Dear Majia: Much worse to come. I am not a techie; so, I do not know how much worse or qualitatively what will happen; I just know how history goes so goes the future. We’re currently in a hyper-fascist period in history that is just getting rolling. Another thing you may experience if the same methods at dissuading you from accessing the web for this site or for political discussion in a progressive chat is your aim, is that you will find your internet service, I can only describe it, as “pinched off”. Your connection speeds will slow considerably. I have all the registry cleaners, do regular cyber housekeeping, have the firewalls, etc; but it makes no difference. Attacking, by censors/hackers/government (covert orgs or corporate dorks)is fairly smart, so far on their part, in that they are focusing on individuals so that groups of people can’t resist. It makes denial more plausible for any organized program against whatever it is they find objectionable in our activities. There are diverse other methods by which we will be attacked and information we disseminate “managed”. We will overcome.

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno

I also have a Yahoo account. Yahoo btw, is now regularly interrupting, or outright shutting down, political chats where any hint or whiff of revolutionary or anti-establishmentarian talk is occurring. They used several clever, but obvious to awake people (many defectors to Paltalk are actually from Yahoo political chats). The censorship programs employed at Yahoo have elminated all but the U.S. government approved viewpoints, the fake party polarity gerbil wheel, Libertarians and those who are one of the former in practice but call themsleves, “Independent”…all categories hermetically sealed.

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno

They use a diversity of methods is what my sentence fragment above meant to say. lol

• NoPrevarication NoPrevarication

@Pallas89juno

I stopped using Yahoo mail when they said I would have to furnish them so much personal information that my identity could have been easily hacked. Long gone the right to privacy….

I opened a new Hotmail account. Lately, I have noticed, any email with irritated or hostile comments related to the govt pauses so long when I try to send it that I think when it goes, it must have been sent to (or reviewed by) ALL our intelligence(sic) agencies as well. This does not happen with normal correspondence. When I switched back to Yahoo to send a message, same thing.

I am not a subversive. I am not a terrorist. I am an ordinary American. If this is happening to me, I can’t imagine what they are doing to those who are subversive.

Does anyone here know of a secure email provider? Is there such a thing? If not, I will shortly close all my email accounts and they can go to…you know where. I lived without email before and can do it again.

• NoPrevarication NoPrevarication

And one more thing: My son has noticed on Facebook that you can post anything you want about Lady Gaga, but nothing of any real social import concerning the failure of the authorities. Anything not supporting the government will be removed promptly.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno

Dear Majia: You are very welcome.

• larry-andrew-nils

this is good news.

ahhh.

feelgood.

• Terranigma1 Terranigma1

’bout time!

BTW, I sent the EPA many e-mail messages about starting testing for radiation in seafood.

If the U.S. federal reserve is doling out $16 trillion dollars to international bankers and world economies, that’s the least the EPA can do — TEST SEAFOOD, OUR AIR, AND OUR WATER.

Almost all of our salmon’s origin is Canada and our cats’ food has many canned varieties of salmon and ocean fish.

Thanks to you too, Enenews! Your articles are very valuable, you’ve motivated us to do something about dangerous nuclear power, and now I know that I am living near the most hazardous nuclear plant in the world. :P

The Fuku kittens are doing well. (A mama feral neighborhood cat had kittens during the Fuku nuclear crisis). I hope she’s not pregnant again. :(

• larry-andrew-nils

we’ll change “gone fishing” to “gone fission”

haha, and we’ll eat hemp seeds.

we’ll fish to see how many arms they have.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Tell you what, it doesn’t matter how many Medical Clincs they try to have HERE, the Fed’s stop them dead in their tracks. LEGALIZE IT=States FINANCIALLY SAVED. Period.endofstory.

• larry-andrew-nils

i watched for my whole life how they promise to legalize marijuana, and then they don’t do it.

i left.

gave notice.

now i grow weed and i make the medicine and i distribute it to people with a claim of right, transcribed or not.

the “claim” originates in the heart, but it can be transcribed onto paper in the interest of proving to an unbeliever that it exists.

they’ll never change their system to how we like it… people simply gotta stop fapping to that shit.

bravery
        strength
        honor

be the change you want to see.

be it.

be.

• teamplayer

Well, it looks like Canada is stepping it up, unlike the US.

• shaktasna999

Larry-andrew-nils I’m team 420 too. I let no one stand in the way of what the Mother has given us.

Go Canada :)

• Anthony Anthony

Just when we thought things might be on the level finally….
    Don’t talk to media about your research, scientist says she was told by Ottawa
    The Canadian Press – 1 hour 30 minutes ago

• So we cant eat the fish in the Gulf or off the coast on BC. But we can mover to clean energy more aggressively. http://signon.org/sign/increase-government-support.fb1?source=c.fb&r_by=548645