Radionuclide Transport from Fukushima to Eastern North Pacific, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 2013 PICES Annual Meeting on October 15, 2013:
To what historical fallout level does Fukushima return us? Rossi model; takes us to levels higher than maximum fallout.
Caveat: These levels are still well below maximum permissible concentrations in drinking water for 137Cs of 10,000 Bq/m3: Not an environmental or human health radiological threat!
Interview with nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen, KBOO, Nov. 9, 2013 (at 55:00 in): The amount of radiation that went into the Pacific from largely French tests, but also American tests, is smaller than what is going into the Pacific now from Fukushima Daiichi. The concentration in the Pacific from Cs-137 – we had contaminated the Pacific […] 700 bombs above ground and a couple thousand below ground […] but Fukushima Daiichi’s plume that’s heading towards the West Coast of the US has about 10 times more radiation in that wave as it comes toward the US than what we had already done from bomb testing. We further contaminated the Pacific, much more so than the bomb testing in the Pacific back in the 40s and 50s .
Published: December 20th, 2013 at 2:21 pm ET
- Scientific Conference: Fukushima a global threat to human health — Radioactivity in food web off Pacific Northwest to “significantly increase” after one year — Salmon forecast to exceed Japan radiation limit — “Major concern for public health of coastal communities” (POSTER) December 31, 2014
- Professors: Seafood off N. American coast predicted to exceed gov’t radioactivity limit — “High priority looming threat” to global ocean from Fukushima releases — Radiation levels ‘well above’ 1,000 Bq/kg according to model April 6, 2014
- TV: Hawaii coral “the worst scientists have ever seen” — Professor: “It’s like a ghost town… We would not typically see entire colonies bleached, ever” — Gov’t map of ‘maximum bleaching alert area’ in Pacific mirrors Fukushima plume model since 2011 (VIDEO) January 19, 2015
- “BREAKING NEWS – Scientists detect Fukushima radiation on North American shores” — Coastal communities ‘concerned’ — Over 7 Bq/m3 of cesium from dock in Pacific Northwest — Professor: It indicates arrival of other radioactive substances — “Represents potential radiological health risk” (VIDEO) April 6, 2015
- Fukushima forecast used by gov’t shows nuclear waste crossing ocean in single massive cluster — “Maximum concentration propagates eastward in Pacific toward U.S.” — Highest levels worldwide remain along coast of N. America through 2026 (VIDEO) September 2, 2014