Title: Arnie Gundersen on Japan’s post-Fukushima nuclear plans
Source: The BEZ (WBEZ Radio)
Date: Oct. 2, 2012
Donate to WBEZ here
Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen, Nuclear Engineer: I’m coming up with something on the order a million cancers. We’re seeing that already [...] Kids were tested just in the last couple months and almost half of them had thyroid nodules [and cysts]. Normally about 1 to 2% of kids would have thyroid nodules. So we’re seeing an enormous increase in cancer precursor for thyroid cancers.
The indoor dust in these home is astronomical […] The Japanese essentially live on the floor […] Internal contamination in Japan will be a significant factor. Neither the Japanese government nor the IAEA is taking that into account when they do their numbers.
Published: October 3rd, 2012 at 1:59 am ET
- Nuclear Experts: Million cancers could result from Fukushima — Already hundreds of times more thyroid cancers… “Just the tip of the iceberg… worst is yet to come” — “Enormous spikes in cancer… devastating health effects” (VIDEO) November 7, 2015
- Reports: “You can expect an enormous amount of cancers” around Pacific — “We’re all at risk, this radiated water is going to hit right here” in U.S. — We’re at top of food chain, so we get highest radiation dose — 35+ people now suffering cancer after U.S. rescue mission off Fukushima (VIDEO) December 23, 2013
- 50% jump in cancer in Fukushima children’s thyroids since last report 3 months ago — Now 90 cases suspected or confirmed — Gov’t Experts: “Difficult to determine” if cancers caused by nuclear disaster May 20, 2014
- Japan Paper: Now 104 children diagnosed with cancer of thyroid in Fukushima — New results show 5-fold increase in rate of suspected/confirmed cancers August 26, 2014
- UPI: ‘Skyrocketing’ cancer cases in Fukushima — AP: ‘Alarming’ cancer rates after nuclear disaster — Times: Child cancers up 5,000% — Radiation doses may be “considerably higher” than estimated — Expert: Cancer outbreak shows officials must now prepare for onset of leukemia, other diseases (VIDEO) October 8, 2015