Published: November 30th, 2013 at 4:22 pm ET

Gary Griggs, director of the Institute of Marine Sciences and Long Marine Laboratory at UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Sentinel, Nov. 29, 2013: Pelicans, sea lions, whales, and dolphins have been in an unusual feeding frenzy, astounding all of us who have visited the coast in the past few weeks. From Natural Bridges to Capitola and beyond, and well as offshore, the food chain is in full bloom at a time when we don’t normally experience this concentration of feeding animals. [...] The intense blooms of life in October and nearly into December are odd. [...] Exactly why we are seeing these incredible numbers of anchovies isn’t completely clear. There are some ideas that surface, perhaps the warmer water in the bay is more conducive to anchovy egg and larval survival right now, and the fish know that. But we aren’t sure. [...] Now if you were reading carefully, you would notice I changed subjects, diverted your interest, and never really answered the question of why there are all those anchovies out there. If I was absolutely certain I knew the answer, I would definitely share it with you.

Nancy Black, marine biologist with Monterey Bay Whale Watch, San Jose Mercury News, Nov. 11, 2013: “This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, so people should see it [...] This is just unheard of. It’s unbelievable. Nobody has seen this anywhere in California. This is a record year for this feeding aggregation of humpbacks and sea lions. There’s just miles and miles of fish out there.”

CBS News, Nov. 27, 2013: [It's] blowing away even avid whale watchers such as Karen Sheffer. “It’s never been like this” she said. “This is phenomenal.” [...] There are also dolphins and hundreds of sea lions. They are chasing an unexplained explosion of anchovies in the bay. Killer whales showed up to hunt the sea lions. “There’s easily over 100 to 200 whales in Monterey Bay,” said Nancy Black, a marine biologist and the captain of a whale watching boat. “So this is like, you know, so exceptional we just can’t even believe it.” [...] “So I’m just trying to tell the people how lucky they are to really witness this,” Black said. She knows this sea-life show will eventually end. For now, she says, just enjoy the view.

Watch the CBS broadcast here

See also: CBC News: Something very odd is happening in Pacific; Sea creatures acting strangely, species turning up where rarely seen -- Related to Fukushima crisis? -- L.A. Lifeguard: Used to be 2 shark sightings a year, now it's 2 a day (VIDEOS)

Published: November 30th, 2013 at 4:22 pm ET

217 comments to CBS News: 100s of whales in bay on California coast; It’s never been like this, we just can’t even believe it — Experts: We just aren’t sure what’s going on; “A once-in-a-lifetime chance… unheard of, it’s unbelievable, nobody’s seen this” (VIDEO)

• norbu norbu

This is a sign. Things are about to escalate. Something is telling all these wonderful animals to go and hide in Monterey Bay, are they scared? Hungry? Are they hearing something that we cannot hear coming? The animals always know before something big happens. They are telling us write now. Listen up….
    N

• eatliesndie eatliesndie

Could it be that they are running ahead of the plume? One last frenzy before there's nowhere to run.

• patb2009

cliamte change?

warm waters off of maine are causing an explosion of lobster.
    lobster is now cheaper then steak.

• Socrates

The whales are human watching trying to figure out why we are so dumb?

• unincredulous unincredulous

He he I'm back. Changed out my mouse and for some reason my letters don't repeat now. Who can figure out things some times? Why are the whales coming?

Alvin Lee – Here they come

Here they come, and they fly with the power of the sun
      Here they come, and they're going to touch everyone
      Far, far, have they come

Here they come, and the fire on their wings doesn't burn
      Here they come, and they know everything we must learn
      Round, round, we must turn

Watch out, you, sinners
      Don't you know that your time has come?
      Watch out, you, winners
      Now it's the same for everyone

Here they come, and the stars in their eyes seem to glow
      Here they come, and the fear in our hearts starts to go
      Now, now, now we all know

• unincredulous unincredulous

☢ Caution: Bioaccumulation in progress. ☢

• Cisco Cisco

Trapped like rats, those poor animals. WTF you greedy, selfish bastards. Someday soon you will seek refuge, and there will be no escape for you, too.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

'They" are attributing it to a record number of anchovies.
    Never questioning the reason for the record amount..anchovies.

• markww markww

They are looking to be rescued like in the old testament

Markww

• Contact info for NANCY BLACK:
    Monterey Bay Whale Watch
    84 Fisherman's Wharf
    Monterey, CA 93940
    Phone 831-375-4658
    E-mail whaletrips@gowhales.com

• “So I’m just trying to tell the people how lucky they are to really witness this,” Black said. She knows this sea-life show will eventually end. For now, she says, just enjoy the view. (Before it turns into a graveyard)

The Bioaccumulation of contamination in plankton, US Armed Forces, 1955

Page 59. Quote “The problem of radioactive particles falling into the ocean raises the question of their availability to this portion of the biosphere. Plankton normally found in sea water are consumed in large quantities by fish.

These plankton concentrate mineral elements from the water, and it has been found that radioactivity may be concentrated (Page 60) in this manner by as much as a thousand fold. Thus, for example, one gram of plankton could contain a thousand times as much radioactivity as a gram of water adjacent to it. The radioactivity from these plankton which form a portion of fish diet tends to concentrate in the liver of the fish, and, if sufficiently high levels of contamination are encountered, could have a marked effect upon the ecology of an ocean area.

• SteveMT

It's not a feeding frenzy. It is the equivalent of their last meal. There is battering ram of radiation on the verge of hitting the west coast. The food chain is in full display because the [uncontaminated] ocean has become a lot smaller. There is not much time left.

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Sorry, I just can't take another headline that states " This is so unusual….unprecedented…..unheard of….unbelievable…we don't know what is causing_______…..no danger…..levels are safe….radioactive plume….levels not a danger…..open sores…bleeding from eyes….

The only thing unbelievable at this point is that people are accepting certain death of all life without protest, or question. It is starting to be funny is a darkly humorous way.

Here's a clip from that provides as good of an explanation of radiation and nukes as I have seen from all the nuke industry shills.

Peace-

• Mack Mack

Meanwhile…

"With muted fanfare, the GE Hitachi nuclear power plant program regained its footing in 2013.

"…GE Hitachi reached an agreement for its ESBWR – or economic simplified boiling water reactor – to be in head-to-head competition for the 16 reactors Saudi Arabia plans to build over the next two decades."

"The agreement is with longtime GE Nuclear customer Exelon, the operator of the largest nuclear fleet in the United States – 18 reactors at 11 power stations. Its Exelon Nuclear Partners is a consultant to the Saudis, who plan to build 17.6 gigawatts of nuclear power generation by 2032."

• rakingmuck

I am having dinner out last night and a woman in her first tri-mester (or so it looked) orders salmon. I ask waitress where salmon is from. She proudly says the Pacific Ocean. I want to yank the fish away from the pregnant woman but don't. I wonder how many women are sitting in coastal restaurants doing the same thing.I wonder what it is going to take for restaurants to take pacific fish off menu. It dawns on me it only takes a few to start a movement. Going to give it a shot.

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

@rakingmuck…..a better question is why this woman is ignorant to what is going on in the world. Maybe people should spend less time on Facebook & more time on Enenews.

If you had told her something she would have rolled her eyes. That is what happened to me recently when my friend's daughter in law became pregnant. She lives on the west coast…I said she should move…my friend said to stop being so reactionary.

• rakingmuck

newblackoutUSA What's in a name. Says it all. That is why I didn't say anything.

• bo bo

A friend recently told me he is 'bored of the east coast and want to try out portland oregon' 'just for a change'. I made a really sad face but tried really hard to control myself from telling him what to do. But later I felt racked with guilt that this was actually something totally preventable if I just voiced my concern…so I confessed to him that I did not think it is good to move there now. His answer was this:

'Yeah… it's not like I'm not aware of what's going on… very sad what is happening. However, I wouldn't mind going to check out the west coast before it gets fried. Afterall, I've never lived anywhere but the East Coast.'

So I guesd some are apparently somewhat aware. .. the difference is, thanks to hard working shills like Ken Buessler, many seem fooled into thinking the frying hasn't started yet, and that it won't be starting for quite some time.

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

@bo… I hear you….even my sister who is a confirmed Shopaholic knows about Fuku now…she says there is nothing she can do so why worry.

I was living 7 miles from the coast and just recently moved 85 miles inland. I can't afford to move further, but I am happy that I have done what I can.

Hopefully your friend stays put. I have one word for him…vacation….much less commitment than actually moving.

• digitalaardvarks digitalaardvarks

be prepared all sorts of reactions that are not fun when you tell people

• The ongoing coverup is past the point of being ridiculous and becoming very widespread, SEE NZ:

5 million dead shearwater mutton birds on NZ beaches:

No mention that in Dec 2011 these same birds, which migrate to JAPAN, were possibly contaminated and people shouldn't EAT THEM:

"There are fears radioactive muttonbirds could be on their way to New Zealand after the migrating birds were found to have been feeding close to Japan's ruptured Fukushima nuclear plant. Niwa scientists, who in 2005 attached tracking devices to 19 muttonbirds, also known as sooty shearwaters, found nearly half of them were spending months at a time feeding off the coast of Japan."

• VyseLegendaire VyseLegendaire

Radiation heats up the ocean. What else is new.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

WHALES ARE SAYING "STOP THE RADIATION".

And nuclear idiots better find a way, fast.

• MCBEKRL

Its obvious that the life remaining in the Pacific has been corralled against the coast by the sweeping cloud of radiation. They fear to swim through it and are responding by swimming away from it, and the only direction is against the coast. If the whales and dolphins were onto it they would make a sneak play down along the coast and bail to the southern hemisphere.

• eternal tao eternal tao

Well good tidings to anyone reading this comment. I encourage you to find your centers and spread love and positivism every moment we are blessed to live. It's kind of eerie isn't it, that the tragedies unfolding before us were predicted thousands of years ago? That they were known to different cultures back then,trickled down to modern times through these writings, and still occurred? The past effects the future, and the future the past. All life in this biosphere of ours is heading over the cliff, but one chapter must end for another to begin, and the night is always darkest before the dawn. Who's to say that another planet somewhere else isn't taking advantage of it's fortunate store of life-enabling elements gathered upon it? So be happy, while we still can :)

• tooktheredpill tooktheredpill

When the 2004 tsunami hit we saw images of people going down to the beach in total amazement that the 'Sea had gone!'

That is the people of the west coast 'now' who have no idea about what's coming…..

Wow…look at this amazing event….isn't it amazing….all these Whales!!?? Crazy thing's with the starfish, seal's getting sick, turtle's acting weird. IT'S A WARNING! ….and yet the radio/TV keeps spouting the same stories about it about how it's a 'once in a lifetime opportunity to see it….

a slow motion tsunami !!!!!!

In ten minutes…..the tide disappeared in 2004. People stood and watched and were amazed!

It really was 'a once in a lifetime event for them….'

This event is no different with it's viewer's and awe-struck people…….

It's just taking a few months….instead of ten minutes!!!!

I'm shouting to all of you…….THE TIDE'S COMING BACK IN…GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!!!!

• midwestern midwestern

Researchers say Arctic Ocean leaking methane at an alarming rate:
    "Our study is not about being depressing," Shakhova said. "It's about knowledge, no matter if you like it or not."

That's awful, but almost refreshing. It's about knowledge..not matter if you like it or not. Wow. Mind-blowing.

• midwestern midwestern

Fabian Cousteau in Aquarius Lab in spring 2014…Floria Keys National Marine Sanctuary to research climate change, overconsumption and pollution:

Why not Pacific Ocean, Fabian?

• unincredulous unincredulous

A corporate amusement park I enter. Deep in it's depths, and back rooms; a slithering horror chases me. I hide as it's power and intense speed stalks every living thing. I want out. How do I get back to the exit? It is a long, long journey but I must start – now. I cannot believe this ride; It is more than insane. I must don these cheesy face goggles and descend through a hole the size of a basketball. The goggles will surely come off, and how do I get my body through the tubes, filled with gushing water, falling on this amusement slide to the entrance building? I can see out the glass wall windows that I am on a structure similar to a roller coaster. I am a mile from the exit, and several hundred feet in the air. Instead of a roller coaster, I am in a water pipe. Somehow I arrive at the next pause in my journey: a topless waitress lures me with naked breasts. I follow her to what appears to be a vending stand, and I must lick a piece of ham and fill out a survey. (continued)

• unincredulous unincredulous

…. This place has monsters. It's not right. H.R.Geiger must have genetically engineered that beast. I want out. The ham… I balk. Everyone before me has licked this slab of ham. I am told that it might not taste very good. I pause, and overhear the woman behind the stand say, "God, you know this is coming out of our checks!" I strain to look out upon the city below and the skyscrapers rising through the structure. I see a sign on a highway below that tells me some hint of direction. I lick the ham, feeling that freedom is just through the next impossible submersion, through the pipes, on to beyond. The ham tastes just fine, surprisingly. I want out! Madness. The tubes are now only as high as the second floor on the skyscrapers. I am getting close to the exit! I wake up and I am free. I want to laugh. These animated movies are making me crazy. My mind is fighting in my sleep. This nuclear nightmare. I wish I was asleep again. Give me nipples and ham! Impossible monsters! This FUFU ELE crap is driving me crazy, too! That and job applications that are more incomprehensible than the second world war.

• dosdos dosdos

Before a migration, there is usually a mass feeding. Life is about to head south where it's safer.

• signalfire

It's highly likely that the fish and marine mammals can 'smell' something different and worrisome about the water coming off Japan, and they are all being driven here by it. It's also possible that the whole ocean is dead with no food everywhere else and they're congregating because they're starving.

• mesa777

Thinking about selling my place in Arizona and moving to Maine and buying 50 acres and calling it a day, how many years till radiation reaches the Atlantic? I assume I've already ingested who knows what here in the last few years.

• Grampybone Grampybone

Anchovies are scavenger fish that eat dead sea life. The massive starfish corpse explosion must have fed them well.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Thanks for this post..
      It's all about the food chain and bioaccumulation.

• SadieDog

I believe 'accumulation'' will turn out to be the new four letter word soon. I may die of radiation poisoning of some sort but after I'm gone, that radiation will just be hanging out, talking to his accumulating particle buddies. And, correct me if I'm wrong but won't this accumulation continue to speed up over time?

• or-well or-well

Anchovy are not scavenger fish that eat dead sea life. Why make things up?

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

records show that anchovy and sardine are down about 78% since the last several decades. But predator fish are down 90%. Whales have been decimated by whaling, chemical and noise pollution. We saw the figure of 70% seal die off earlier this year. So while people say there is an abundance of life, they are wrong. The opposite is true. These animals are crowded together. The small fish may have had a temporary increase due to decimation of the predator fish, but its unlikely that they are anywhere near historical levels. This is where mans brain is at; he is confused, and doesnt want to acknowledge that the one of the largest poison releases has occurred and that this will inevitably poison sea and land life. Its not flippant to call that stupid

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Hmmm..key word is carnivorous.
        "Anchovies migrate north in nearshore waters

As described in March, anchovies living off the Southern and Central California coast mostly spawn from February to April. By May, those that spawned in Southern California are migrating northward, and have reached the Central Coast. Although young anchovies eat mostly phytoplankton, adult anchovies are carnivorous, feeding on zooplankton such as copepods and fish larvae."

Maybe, maybe not?:

"CLAIM: Fukushima radiation is the cause of an epidemic of melting sea stars. Marine biologists are buzzing about a string of grisly starfish deaths in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. The creatures suddenly become covered with lesions, lose their internal pressure, begin disintegrating and die. However…"

• Jakobi Jakobi

"…this is a well-chronicled disease called starfish wasting syndrome, and has caused massive die-offs many other times, including as far back as 1983."

• bo bo

Unlike Huffpo at least here on enenews everybody gets to post without getting censored, even guys like him who considers clearly censored and monitored propaganda outlets like Huffpo as a credible source of information for discussion about nuclear energy.

I posted this earlier but going to say this again – I'm not a scientist nor an engineer but I also operate through deduction, if governments feel such a dire need to spend so much time and money into scrubbing out information (see tetsuo's post on Huffpo below) on dangers of nuclear energy, then I draw this conclusion: the situation must be pretty serious – so serious that if the truth were to be known it would cause mass panic.

I also gravitate to information coming from sources that do not censor information and posts, such as enenews, more credible.

• We Not They Finally

"The Last Supper" was probably quite a feast too….

• eatliesndie eatliesndie

I wonder how long until all those wales wash up….

• Jody Robinson

Oh, human heart,
    You dear truth hunter,
    Still caught in life’s grand illusion-
    How do you yet deceive yourself
    At such late hour?
    Though heaven may plant seeds,
    While hell holds reign upon your heart,
    What can heaven do but grieve?

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

It is said that.."A thousand things rise and fall and the sage does nothing."
      Participation in the maya of Human life..was a choice.
      Life is choices.
      I choose suffering do to my BELOVED attachments.
      Next life.. I might turn away.

PS..What if I said..I flipped a coin?..LOL

• WR8D

One does not need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. There are literally tons of radioactive waste water being pumped into the Pacific there at Fukushima Japan. The ocean wild life is running ahead of all this contamination. Trying to survive. Soon, if it's not already in the air hitting our west coast….we'll all be just like the ocean creatures trying to run from it…but the rains will come out of the north pacific sooner or later and rad levels on the west coast will start to climb…Eating fish out of the pacific??? you already are contaminated. Watch the news…search it out online…be informed. There used to be monitors across the US that you could link into via the internet, to see what the normal back ground rad levels were…now those are no longer accessible by you and me…Most don't even know they ever existed…That radioactive rain water will work it's way across America from coast to coast. Do YOU have a clue about what that means??? Or do you need Al Gore to just tell you it's global warming and you'll believe it…

• Cindy Cindy

Can't these "scientists" realize that these poor creatures are
    SWIMMING away from some horrible toxic underwater current. They are being pushed ahead of it and have run out of water, hence coming in close to the shelf/beach.
    It's SO simple to understand…the fish/mammals are trying to tell us that something so deadly is coming our way and Marine Biologist Nancy Black says "I’m just trying to tell the people how lucky they are to really witness this…enjoy the view for now". WTF???? LUCKY???
    So if the Marine Biologists who are all the authority on Sea Life see this as a Good thing…we are all doomed!

• ZipZap

Jebus writes:

"Biologist: Pacific herring in Canada bleeding from eyeballs, faces, fins, tails — I’ve never seen fish looking this bad — All 100 examined were bloody — Officials informed of hemorrhaging soon after 3/11 — Gov’t ignoring problem (PHOTO)"

Haemorrhaging is a cardinal symptom of advanced radiation sickness where the recipient has received a fatal dose. Once the radiation hits the west coast full force, I wonder how long before it finds its way into the North American water table? Even radioactivity diluted by water can be dangerous, as all exposure to radiation is cumulative.

• Hot and Bothered Hot and Bothered

I was planning on enjoying the ride…
    It just didn't know it would be such a short ride :(

• Jakobi Jakobi

There is a lot of hype, and truth, mixed together. I hope this helps dispel
    SOME current fears:

"…she began testing the atmospheric fallout from the nuclear meltdown by testing mushrooms in Hawaii.
    … So far, the levels in mushrooms have been very low"

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

She should eat plenty and daily, radioactive mushrooms from Hawaii sounds so very yummy! Not!
      This is what will happen to all Pacific Ocean coastlines soon and yes it will be very bad.. :(

• Jakobi Jakobi

Did you even read the study!?:

"More recently, she began testing the atmospheric fallout from the nuclear meltdown by testing mushrooms in Hawaii. Nuclear particles, released into the air after the initial disaster, fell to the ground during rainstorms. So far, the levels in mushrooms — which bioaccumulate radioactive cesium, an isotope created from nuclear fission — have been very low, said Dulaiova. In fact, her numbers show that the mushrooms contained about one percent of the radiation that was detected in other mushrooms in central Europe following the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster."

• Not all mushrooms absorb radiation. Some are immune to absorbing it. What type did she test? Was the mushroom dried or fresh and full of water?

These things make a huge difference..

We all know cows had to be dosed with boron in Hawaii because they got such a huge dose of radiation and it came through in the milk.

How can mushrooms NOT show this? They either picked some inside a greenhouse, a cave or got the wrong type..

Keep testing, they will find the radiation if they keep it up and test more species.

• Jakobi Jakobi

Good points, thanks for the thoughtful response!

And pertaining to your other comment, maybe I haven't make myself clear:
            I am just curious how much radiation fallout has already hit the west coast; I am aware the situation is dire. I am not sitting on the fence, I'm taking radiation detoxing plants, like cilantro and kelp, almost every day. Zeolite clay is supposed to be an excellent remover of radionuclides, apparently. I'd like to share this info with those here, it's more relevant.

It's really hard to swallow the reality of this, it's like we're living in a movie . Or bad dream. Meh

• razzz razzz

The fact any fallout from Daiichi was found in mushrooms grown in Hawaii is astounding. Hawaii is 4,000 miles away from Daiichi and to the south.

• Jakobi Jakobi

"28 fallacies about the Fukushima nuclear disaster’s effect on the US West Coast"

• Jakobi Jakobi

Correlation does not imply causation. This whole animal resurgence on the west coast could be simply due to climate change, as we've been having the warmest years on record.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very concerned, but am learning aaaaalll about critical thinking/analysis lately.

• bo bo

Lately I'm aaaaaaaaall about smooooth jazz

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@Jakobi: happy you're learning to think for yourself. But the use of term "resurgence" leaves me to ponder the progress you're making…

• Jakobi Jakobi

Thank you for the reflection, in my haste I did misuse that term.

If you feel that the occasional slip of one's vocab is indicitive of their level of intelligence, well then, cheerio.

All I'm saying is it's helpful to not jump to conclusions, as some of us tend to do, even though the shit looks like it's hitting the fan. And it may very well be; I've been overly focused on some hype, so now I'm seeking other [scientific] viewpoints.

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

Jakobi reminds me of the thoughtful guy who came home to find his wife and kids dead and dying, and coincidentally the largest spill of poisonous insecticide ever recorded, and says he wont be jumping to conclusions, wont focus on the glyphosate or DDT hype. Thats good though, time to hunker down to research.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

I feel sorry for such people and you can find them everywhere these days…

• Jakobi Jakobi

I suppose this is due to Fukushima too!

Oh wait, that was a few days Before the shit hit said fan!:

• Jakobi Jakobi

"On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, King Harbor in the City of Redondo Beach experienced a massive fish kill (estimates are in the millions of fish killed), apparently mostly Pacific sardine.  This event has received national and global attention."

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Yes, there have been massive dies offs for years..the Pacific Ocean is now a toxic Nuclear /Sludge/Chemical human septic tank… :(

• Jakobi Jakobi

Great, so my whole point is continuing to be validated as the discussion continues in a mature manner…. That being:

We don't know FOR SURE what is causing all of these anomalies. It could very well be Fuckushima. Or climate change. Or both.

Or some secret underwater military testing!?:

There are solutions. There are bacteria that eat radioactive particles. Mushrooms can decontaminate the land. It's unfortunate that this kind of info isn't being spread too

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Agreed, but then how does one cover the entire Planet called Earth with mushrooms and/or bacteria without creating an unbalanced ecosystem? See the entire premise/argument for the using of/promoting the use of Nuclear Technology is a false/premise argument in totality. Therefor all you hear from the Nuclear Cabal would thusly be considered a lie.. :(

Ergo: There is no spoon..

• Jakobi Jakobi

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up this nuclear straw man argument, Obewanspeaks. I am against nuclear fission power, and bombs and all that junk. Don't know why I need to repeat that.

I'm not sure how we would apply these types of solutions without setting other imbalances in motion; maybe the lesser of two evils at this point?

Or, maybe not really that evil since mother gaia is amazingly resilient at keeping homeostasis. I think, to a certain extent, life can adapt to certain levels of radiation (not saying I want to):

"Radioresistance is surprisingly high in many organisms, in contrast to previously held views. For example, the study of environment, animals and plants around the Chernobyl disaster area has revealed an unexpected survival of many species, despite the high radiation levels. A Brazilian study in a hill in the state of Minas Gerais which has high natural radiation levels from uranium deposits, has also shown many radioresistant insects, worms and plants.[1][2] Certain extremophiles, such as the bacteria Deinococcus radiodurans and the tardigrades can withstand acute doses of ionizing radiation on the order of 5,000 Gy.[3][4][5]"

• Jakobi Jakobi

I don't know about you, Obe, but I'm going to mutate like the X-men and eat this radioactivity ;"]

"Radioresistance may be induced by exposure to small doses of ionizing radiation. Several studies have documented this effect in yeast, bacteria, protozoa, algae, plants, insects, as well as in in vitro mammalian and human cells and in animal models. Several cellular radioprotection mechanisms may be involved, such as alterations in the levels of some cytoplasmic and nuclear proteins and increased gene expression, DNA repair and other processes."

Of course I'm worried!!! But crossing my fingers for adaptability. Use the Force Obewan, Use the Force!

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Jakobi, fully aware of all the research, and yes, you might morph into some kind of X creature before this Nuclear Nightmare is all over. Mother Nature is surely resilient, but when mankind decided to force her hand with Nuclear intrusions she will not react kindly in the end.

There is a balance required to all things and we have not promoted balance in any manmade equation proffered with the use of Nuclear Technology. I understand your wanting hope, when none is present, and even the many concepts of new energy sources to full fill our desire for more of everything on a constant "ramp it up" even higher basis.

Mankind has made a huge mistake and you can find the mistakes littering all the world's graveyards and then lining up in the fancy hospitals across the globe built to deal with this ongoing Nuclear Technology Mistake. The disturbance felt is now ongoing inside the Force and it will be very difficult for it to be repaired in time to save the planet from our own human actions.

For every action there will be a reaction and we will not like this one when all is said and done.

We had no right to do the damage that we have done to this planet called Earth and/or to all the other biological life present that shares this planet with us. WE are not an intelligent species. We appear to rape all we see and then want more which appears to be the same behavior as a virus.

We have entered a math game now and the solution to the problem we created is unknown.. :(

• Jakobi Jakobi

Yeah, I pretty much agree. We really need a massive shift in consciousness to be able to live with mama in symbiosis.

…and for every problem, I believe there is a solution; like a particle and anti-particle being made, or a cure for whatever in the amazon. Don't give up 'hope.' There could still be underground solutions that may pop up, hidden technologies, etc.

Maybe someone in the black ops military ind complex will whistleblow about technology that we already have that can handle this.. I know, I know, a nice thought :"]

• Jakobi Jakobi

"WE are not an intelligent species. We appear to rape all we see and then want more which appears to be the same behavior as a virus."

Good point. Just make sure you distinguish the more awakened ones from the purely survival-based-consciousness humans. There is a vast difference in responsibility. But, to your insight of the 'virus,' here is a very important topic which shed light on our condition:

• Jakobi Jakobi

"…He mentioned that what I am calling “wetiko” the Hawaiian kahuna tradition was also familiar with, and called these mind parasites the “‘e‘epa.” He mentioned that he talks about these archon-like entities in his latest book The Bowl of Light: Ancestral Wisdom from a Hawaiian Shaman, which I immediately went out and bought. When I found the section on the ‘e‘epa, my eyes almost fell out of my head, as the description of the ‘e‘epa by an esteemed Hawaiian kahuna shaman was almost word for word what I had written in my book Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil.
                      "After learning about the ‘e‘epa, I was left with the feeling that I was fated to continually find an ever-expanding number of wisdom traditions that articulate the wetiko psychosis, each in their own way. By whatever name we call it, wetiko is undoubtedly one of the most important discoveries ever made. Indicating the supreme importance of developing knowledge about how this predator of the mind operates, Don Juan from the Carlos Castaneda books refers to it as the “topic of topics.” Wetiko is literally “at the bottom,” at the very root of the seemingly never-ending destruction we are wreaking on each other and the very biosphere we depend upon for our survival as a species."

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Yep..could be a lot of things..
                    Could be Fukushima..

• Jebus Jebus

Human engineered bacteria. Great, cause we all know how that CorExit worked out.

Mushrooms, whatcha gonna do with all the radioactive mushrooms? Call dominoes?

Did you just get here?

There's 311 pages on ENENews today…

• Jebus Jebus

They did not die with blood oozing out of every orifice like the recent die off's.
                Look, Jakobi, everyone here knows the ocean has been thrashed for hundreds of years. A toxic dumping ground. Direct effects of Fukushima are probably not happening. But the immunosuppression, gene mutation, and natures opportunistic "gates of hell" have been swung open fully for these sea creatures to endure her wrath. And she's a bitch when the circle of life has been messed with…

• Jakobi Jakobi

"Direct effects of Fukushima are probably not happening"

But this has been the Exact topic of discussion for most of this thread, and what everyone is getting on my case about, for simply suggesting alternative causes. That's why I'm posting all of this.

I in no way think that any nuclear fallout is good; my mom probably passed due to the remnants of nuclear testing, or who knows, remnants of 3-mile island.

My whole point is perhaps there is some other factor that is contributing to these anomalies on the west coast. PERHAPS. I don't know, that's why I like to discuss things :-/

• Jebus Jebus

Do you realize how many minutae biota, flora and fauna, there are in the ocean that are absolutely essential to the health of that ocean. These are the first that are affected by multi millions of tons of radionuclide laced corium water released already. If any one of these chain links in the circle of life are broken, natures opportunists take advantage. Viri, bacteria, other pathogens are given the green light to bloom. Think Jakobi, while you wash off the words Fusion Power from your forehead. While your at it, theres a little SMR hanging from your nose…

• Jakobi Jakobi

You are obviously not reading what I'm writing, and seem to be projecting your preconceived notions onto me. I wrote:

"…PERHAPS. I don't know, that's why I like to discuss things."

You seem to just want to argue with a straw man.

This could ALL very well be Fukushima, I don't know. You yourself just said previously:

" Direct effects of Fukushima are probably not happening."

Then go on to say:

"…These are the first that are affected by multi millions of tons of radionuclide laced corium water released already."

So which is it? Why back and forth? I am thinking, very clearly, and expressing myself as clearly and balanced as possible. Just looking at the information available.

You are just being contentious, apparently?

• Jakobi Jakobi

What do you have against the possibility of cold fusion?

Your only point about it not existing is that 'it would be out and in the open by now, why isn't it?'

Well, that's assuming that there are no impediments to a truly successful, extremely efficient and clean source of energy. There are!

The web of power, politics, money and control that surrounds and is entwined with the most important industry in the world, would fight to the death to maintain their industry. A novel, highly efficient form of technology would put them out of business; they could buy into it, but it surely wouldn't be as profitable as oil.

I mean, do you see what the Empire of America does to certain countries to get their oil?

My friend who works around some of these oil guys, has told me that these oil corporations buy out the patents of energy efficient devices, and put them on the shelf.

And what the heck is SMR?

• Jakobi Jakobi

"they did not die with blood oozing out of every orifice like the recent die off's."

Good point. Thanks for discussing, I appreciate all (non-combative) points of view ;"]

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

How did you like the bomb testing video..Jakobi?

• Jakobi Jakobi

I mentioned in the last comment that I can't watch videos at the moment, I'm streaming from phone data.

Is it the time-lapse one, where they start in 1945ish, and it steadily increased to totally absurd proportions at the height of it? That was indeed crazy.

I was actually a little comforted, weirdly, having originally thought about how much radioactivity we have been living in since the advent of the nuclear bomb, through the thousands of tests, atmospheric and on the ground, over the ocean, nuclear leaks, etc…. Mildly comforted because maybe we've adapted (some of us, living healthily), and maybe the fallout would be handleable to a certain extent…

But the whole Unit 4 thing kind of takes that comfort away.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

I understand that you did no see the video and let me assure you we and other biological creatures have not faired well after these Nuclear tests and that is why all above ground testing was banned.

All you have to do is look around and ask some questions of who has a strange disease/behaviors and/or a form of cancer and you will see the results of such folly. You can't scramble DNA and genomes and expect positive results unless they under controlled conditions. None of this maniac Nuclear behavior was under controlled conditions concerning the spewing of radiation contamination across the globe sporadically. Fukushima is also out of control.. :(

Ergo: The massive size of the growing Nuclear problem!

• Jakobi Jakobi

Yeah, I started to wonder if indeed this is what most of the cancers are about.

Humanity: So amazing, creative, and brilliant. Yet so stupid. Or at least the psychopaths who are in power. I still thinks humans are generally good, caring people, when their survival isn't continually under threat.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Jakobi, study this closely and let me know if they, (the Nuclear Cabal) cleared all the known biological life/fish/plants from all these areas before they blew up these bombs in the Pacific Ocean?

You really need to catch up about what genetic damage is done by Nuclear Technology my friend since a virus may invade any comprised genetic mutation within any effected immune systems since these mutations are passed on to the next generations born.. :(

• Jakobi Jakobi

You seem to continue to miss my whole point, which you agreed to earlier:

"Yes, there have been massive dies offs for years."

Great. For the umpteenth time, I have never said that nuclear fallout is harmless. It's terrible. I understand it can easily create cancer through genetic mutation.

Leaving the fish susceptible to viruses is an interesting possibility.

All I am proposing, again, is that the current Fuckushima fallout may or may not be the sole cause of the anomalies here on the west coast.

Unfortunately I can't watch videos at the moment; streaming through cell phone.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

I will wait for some type of proof/evidence to the contrary and until this evidence is presented and definitive. I will assume that yes, it's happening because of compounding effects created by the "Largest Industrial Nuclear Radiation Contamination Accident" to ever happen on Planet Earth, and which is now ongoing and growing in size in the country of Japan, which borders the Pacific Ocean. :(

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Jakobi…trust me.. I am not missing any points made. :)

• Jakobi Jakobi

So that's why I said I thought you were missing my point, because you kept bringing the discussion back to telling me how bad nuclear fallout is…

I know, it's terrible! But that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was curious about. That's all :)

• bo bo

If you read closely to what is being posted in most threads on mass die-offs of animals in the pacific ocean, most are not assuming fkushima is the sole reason either. As obewan, jebus, mack and so many others have pointed out, fukushima just happens to be the giant nail in the coffin for what has been unfolding for decades.

I myself have posted here about Hanford and its role in the mass ocean die offs. And I have posted many times here shimatsu's article on the seal pup deaths in california. His fieldwork points not just to fukushima, but a more direct causation to San Onofre.

So, I'm in agreement with you on that, along with most everyone else here. Fukushima is NOT the only reason.

• bo bo

I do not however believe this is the time to be leaning into the fan to make sure to make a balanced and accurate analysis – to make sure, that it is indeed sh*t that is hitting the fan, and, if it is indeed sh*t hitting the fan, what kind of sh*t is hitting the fan…

But I bow to you, to your heroic dedication to 'balanced analysis'

• Jakobi Jakobi

Thanks for the thoughtful response. As I've stated elsewhere, my only intention was to discuss whether or not "the west coast is currently being fried," and that seemed to be what most everyone was arguing with me about- I got the impression that everyone was assuming that all these animal deaths and anomalies going on were due to Fukushima. Maybe they are, maybe not, the jury seems to still be out.

And I am also sickened by our nuclear powerplants leaking around the world, as well as the previous thousands of nuclear bomb tests. "Hey, I know, let's build these things on fault lines!"

It's absurd. I mean, I'm sure you've heard of the scenario of a solar flare giving a direct hit to Earth, and knocking everything offline, including the backup generators to aaaaalll these power plants. Fukushima is just ONE, can you imagine more? Ugh

• Jakobi Jakobi

And you are absolutely right about leaning into the fan, I should have made myself clear that I am actually taking precautions and eating very healthy, but more importantly, finding superfoods that will bind to radioactive particles and remove them from the body.

I actually avoided coming out to Cali for a couple years, but I have now been here a year. Looking like I may retreat back home to western Mass if things keep spiraling down. Here is what I posted to Obe:

"Me too! I am and have been 'playing it safe.' Especially since I'm in Ca. Maybe I should have made this clear too. I'm a bit of a health nut, and have been researching what can clear radiation from the body. Maybe we should switch the topic to this area, since it is pertinent and very helpful.

I consume a green drink with cilantro (binds to radioactive particles, apparently) or my Vitamineral Green (which has kelp, among other 'superfoods,' also a binder of radioactive particles) almost every day.

Soon I'm buying zeolite:

http://nyishar.com/zeolite-bentonite-blend/ "

• bo bo

Code, he also reminds me of the guy who leans over to inspect closely to check if it is indeed sh*t that's hitting the fan.

• Jakobi Jakobi

bo, have you provided any insight to to the conversation, or will you just continue to bash those who are providing other viewpoints?

As I've been saying, this whole situation is completely dire, I'm just addressing whether or not claims such as "the west coast is being absolutely fried with radiation" are true.

I'm not on any 'side,' you see?

• Jakobi Jakobi

Oh for crying out loud :-/

LOOK, I am pretty much with you guys, as far as understanding the magnanimous danger we are facing. I am merely bringing other points of view onboard, that aren't purely unsubstantiated hype, that question the SPECIFICS of each incident.

I know things are EFFED, but that doesn't mean we suspend our critical thinking.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

My critical thinking is just fine..thank you.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

We are in the process of data collection..and speculation as to correlation..cause and effect.
                We aren't putting the 'cart before the horse'.

• Jakobi Jakobi

Thank you. But some others are putting the 'cart before the horse.'

It's all about balance.

I for one hope this incident FORCES suppressed technology, such as 'free energy' devices (See: John Searl) to the forefront.

Apparently these devices naturally neutralize radiation, since they operate on fusion!! A double bonus ;"]

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Neutralization via fusion.
                    Perhaps you would like to speak about that.
                    How can fusion be used to neutralize the coriums?

I don't think the 'cart is being placed before the horse' here.
                    Most here are very conservative..with their prognosis.
                    Even those considering whether this is an ELE event..have reason to place this into consideration.

• Jakobi Jakobi

Most are assuming that all of the die-offs of various marine life are due exclusively to fukushima.

I don't know whether that's totally true, so I'm providing alternative viewpoints, backed by data.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Most are not assuming ..but looking for indication of radiation exposure and wondering if this exposure is a mutagen and catalyst for other pathogens.

The stories of the mass deaths and mass sightings beyond the normal patterns are highly suspect as the affects of Fukushima are being accessed.

Other causes..have been documented..through the years..what is concerning is the uptick.
                      The fact that this may have something to do with the accident at Fukushima..should be in the mix..along with all other considerations.

• Jakobi Jakobi

"As for the sardines, note that mass fish die-offs aren't a new thing. Recently: in 2005 and again in 2011 the cause of the massive die-offs was suspected to be neurotoxins ingested after microalgal blooms[*1] (another telling marker of climate change[*2], incidentally.) Sardines are especially susceptible to this.

• Jakobi Jakobi

Is radiation be playing a role? Maybe, maybe not.

*1: http://deepseanews.com/2011/03/dead-sardines-in-california-had-eaten-toxic-algae/

*2: http://www.cop.noaa.gov/stressors/extremeevents/Hab/current/CC_habs.aspx

[http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/05/1253160/-Fukushima-Radiation-Killing-the-Sardines#]

Interesting:

"However, it is known that only 2 years later, in 1999, Dr. George Miley was granted a peer-reviewed U.S. Department of Energy contract for a study to “verify previously tested electrolytic techniques to remediate radioactive nuclides.” As many know, Dr. Miley had at that point been working with James Patterson and his company, CETI for many years, having been hired as a consultant to independently verify Patterson’s work in 1995, the same year he was awarded the prestigious Edward Teller Metal in physics. Dr. Miley’s contract with the DOE was to verify worked previously done, not to merely test a hypothesis for the first time. Unfortunately, this study was never performed because the DOE canceled the funding before the study was even begun. After the funding was originally granted, the DOE convened a review panel of 6 to anonymous reviewers to look over the proposal again! This panel voted against moving ahead with the study. While members of this panel remained officially anonymous, it is reported that one of the reviewers was none other than Dr. John Huizenga, an anti-cold fusion crusader and a member of the DOE review panel that initially rejected cold fusion in 1989. For more details about yet another blatant example of cold fusion repression, see the article about this episode written by the late Dr. Eugene Mallove here."

• Jebus Jebus

Ahahah! And thats your evidence of cold fusion. Looks like the funders gave it the cold shutdown…

Jakobi, You are among those who have studied these claims. It is obvious that the same "experts" are trying to live the dream.

You have about a lambs chance, at a wolf in, of convincing anyone here that those theories are anything but…

• Jebus Jebus

Ahh, and there's the punch line…

You said you stopped being gullible.

Hint, Fusion Power is a myth. A Dream, A theory.

Nuclear Power was once a theory…

• Jakobi Jakobi

How can you be so sure? Have you looked into it?

Do you realize what the release of 'over-unity' (creates more energy that uses) technology would do the power structure? It would topple coal, oil, gas, and nuclear. It's also a potentially decentralized power source, very bad for those who hold the reigns.

I'm not certain that it exists, but…

• Jakobi Jakobi

Look into the work of Dr. Walter Russel, John Searl, and researcher Jason Verbelli.

Some suppressed books:

• Jakobi Jakobi

I don't quite understand you:

"Nuclear Power was once a theory"

" Fusion Power is a myth. A Dream, A theory"

So by your logic, since fission was once a theory, and now fact, then perhaps fusion can also turn to fact?
                      (You seemed to have contradicted yourself?)

• Jebus Jebus

Yes and you obviously have not.
                      It has never been proven to work viably.
                      It has not even presented itself in a self sustaining way in the lab. It takes more energy to induce than you get out of it. If it was viable, it would be in use. Look, I'm not a scientist, but I know that it takes mass(gravity) to induce fusion. It is tried magnetically on earth. There is not enough mass(gravity) here on earth to cause fusion of sub atomic particles. We can wing them around in circles approaching light speed, but we can't compress them together enough for sustained fusion here on earth. Any questions?

• Jebus Jebus

Yep Nuclear power was once a theory.
                      Look where we are today with it.
                      Do you think that we have the ability to control Fusion Power?

• Jakobi Jakobi

Yeah, I do. If it's not viable, then why are so many companies spending money working on it?:

I'm not a scientist either, so how would either of us know FOR SURE whether the physics behind is functional?

• Jebus Jebus

"I AM WHOLLY AGAINST NUCLEAR POWER. Got it? ;"]"

Fusion Power is Nuclear Power, with many, many, of the same caveats, only no one has demonstrated a way to induce or control it yet…

• Jakobi Jakobi

True, it is still nuclear. I am wholly against fission, then:]

But you are still assuming that you know that it doesn't exist in a safe, practical manner. Have you personally visited all the labs or the researchers/inventors who have been working on this?

• Jakobi Jakobi

Of course I don't know for sure, but I do give weight to some of those who I've been following, such as Jason Verbelli, who himself has visited some labs, and worked on inventions himself. Why not give a look, maybe you'll discover something novel?

I'm just attempting to provide other viewpoints, I'm not attached to being "right."

• Jebus Jebus

Nuclear Power was novel in 1945…

Do you really think that if it was demonstrated scientifically, that it wouldn't be known?

Yup! Maybe! I dunno, let's research instead of guess:

"Of all the interesting claims regarding cold fusion and nuclear waste remediation, perhaps the most interesting is that of the GeNIE cell of Global Energy Corporation. One of the leading scientists for this company is Dr. Frank Gordon, formerly employed by the US Navy’s SPAWAR. Many probably remember Dr. Gordon from the 2009 presentation at the University of Missouri Twenty-Year History of Lattice-Enabled Nuclear Reactions (LENR) – Hiding in Plain Sight, in which he detailed the Navy’s 20 year history of LENR research, including 23 year peer-reviewed papers. Between the time of that presentation and the shutdown of SPAWAR cold fusion research in late 2011, Dr. Gordon joined the staff of GEC. The GeNIE reactor being developed there is deemed a “hybrid fusion, fast-fission reactor.” This reactor neutralizes radioactive waste by using it as a fuel, without producing hazardous waste itself. The reactor also is able to use natural, unprocessed uranium. The technology behind the reactor is that pioneered by Dr. Gordon and his associates at SPAWAR, as detailed in the presentation referenced above. According to the company’s website, their experiments are repeatable and have been replicated by others."

• Jakobi Jakobi

"…Additionally, the company claims their experiments “provide direct evidence that nuclear reactions are involved, including the production of high-energy neutrons.” No further details are currently available and the above information was posted 6 or 7 months ago, in late 2011. GEC seems to be taking the Piantelli approach and remaining low-key until the i’s have been dotted and the t’s have been crossed. Hopefully, the wait will not be too much longer because the world needs this technology now."

• Jakobi Jakobi

…"As been pointed out before, the obstacles that face cold fusion currently are now as much about politics, public perception and the ability to get people to “buy in” to it (both literally and figuratively), as they are about the viability of the technology itself."

• Jebus Jebus

Thats funny, Nuclear Apologists always say it's about public perception.
                      Thats why the truth always trumps public perception.
                      As for the missing funding, the buy in? Very wise invester's is what I see here.
                      Because they see no viability.
                      Just a pipe dream…

• Jakobi Jakobi

"The proximal cause of the disease, when pathological studies have been done, is typically a bacterium (vibrio), although a recent wasting event on the east coast of the United States has been attributed to a virus. The ultimate cause is not clear although such events are often associated with warmer than typical water temperatures as was the case for the major die off in southern California in 1983-1984 and again (on a lesser scale) in 1997-98…"

• Jakobi Jakobi

"Following the 1983-1984 event, the ochre star, Pisaster ochraceus, was virtually absent along southern California shorelines for years"

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

calm down Jakobi. You're amongst friends; who do their best to think for themselves and always welcome the truth. So do feel free to voice your thought. The last thing any want is some politically-correct-globalist-agenda to take hold here…

• Jakobi Jakobi

Thanks, I'm calm, and I'm just providing some other info to balance the equation.

Apparently not all here welcome the truth; some just reply with meaningless one-liners and broad assumptions.

I actually used to be a bit gullible, and used to buy into information that fit my preconceived notions. THIS IS NOT SCIENCE.

I now look at all sides.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

When I decided to research Nuclear Radiation and it's created contamination in depth, that is when I understood there is only one truth my friend, and it is not coming from the Nuclear Industry.

The proof is all around us and lining up in front of hospitals all over the world… :(

• Kind of like President Obama's 'all solutions will be pursued'?

Sit on the fence as long as you like. There are plenty of fence sitters out there. Maybe you can get more to join you there.

No one here will ever 'force' you to make up your mind.

You may even choose to join the pro nuclear forces, and spout their 'truths'.

Good luck with that.

• bo bo

I'm going to post here what amberlight said about fence sitters:

amberlightDecember 4, 2013 at 12:25 am

One of these days one of the pointed slats of that fence Buesseler is sitting on is going to nail him good.

A couple of quotes come to mind:

"You're either on the bus or you're off the bus." Ken Kesey

"No man can serve two masters…" Jesus of Nazareth

• Cindy Cindy

You took the "word" right out of my mouth, Aftershock!
        Oh..and "Hi"..again! LOL!

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

hi Cindy! Hope all's going well with you and yours. And let's all go easy on Jakobi. He's obviously paying-off his student loans with his half-hearted shilling. That he'll look back someday while in the pediatrics ward and curse his lack of insight, will be the lot of his techno-arrogance. I put blessings (via the goddess) upon all of us and feel deep sympathy for those who are foolish enough to trade the health of their loved ones for coin. They've been blinded by the pseudo-intellectualism of their peers and ultimately face an eternity of self-condemnation, for their betrayal of life's dream. For those of us who defend nature and life's dream, we will go to our graves with clear conscious. We will suffer equally from the consequences of this nuclear nightmare, but our souls will be welcomed without hesitation back-into the wheel of life. Those who knowingly or unwittingly did otherwise will face a host of convoluted horrors on the way to making up for their betrayal. I can only send pitiful love to these confused souls. To you and the others out here who fight for a better world, I need only send the strength of that which blesses all who stand in her light…

• Jakobi Jakobi

But wait, I thought we were friends!!?:

"calm down Jakobi. You're amongst friends; who do their best to think for themselves and always welcome the truth. So do feel free to voice your thought."

That's not very nice of you to project a completely bullshit, false narrative onto me. Your the second person to accuse me of being a shill (you're free to do it, if you want to keep fooling yourself), and its laughable as I'm the furthest thing from that. I LOVE my mother Gaia. I am here for her and the underdogs, I'm here to help people, and to attempt a transition to a new paradigm, making this old one obsolete. I love and value this planet so much, to my core. Money? Who gives a f*ck. I've been through some bardo's, been to zero point with dmt, and Love all of creation, from the infinite empty/full void, to the messy world of duality.

• Jakobi Jakobi

Perhaps I left an inaccurate first impression with my first three or so posts. Here is an update:

"My original intention was to share some less-known, alternative info, and to discuss it (as I already am aware of the mountain of other scary evidence).
            I was never in any way advocating nuclear power, or saying that nuclear fallout isn't dangerous…"

To be perfectly clear, I am more concerned and worried than probably most of the people around me in California. I started off super concerned, and still am; that's why I was looking for evidence to the contrary, concerning current radiation levels here, to ease just a tiny bit of worrying.

Is it really so wrong to investigate in a coherent, balanced, and scientific manner, whether or not I'm ingesting a whole sh*t load of radioactive nuclides by being here!? If I am, then I'm heading back to Mass. If not, then I may stay. This is all I'm trying to find out.

I hate nuclear. And I know Unit 4 may be humanities turning point.

So are you done bashing me now? Can we discuss this topic like adults, or will you and others just continue to hurl and project your own illusions back onto someone who's just looking for answers?

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

If someone pulls out a gun and shoots me, please do not go looking for a bow and arrow weapon…

• bo bo

Wow, great news from Huffpost, a pro nuke outlet.
    I feel so much better, thanks Jakobi, for the link.
    So tell me, did professor Dulaiova sautee these mushrooms and cook up a nice risotto?

• Bowtieman Bowtieman

I'm glad my brain is still working…. Climate change… Would hate to have that in my thought process with Fukushima going ELE….

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

1400 cold records the other day and nobody told these boys and girls that C02 will hold the cold just as well as the heat.. :( I think they call it dry ice..