Published: October 31st, 2013 at 11:46 am ET

Infectious disease specialist Dr. Stephen Hosea, MD in the Santa Barbara Independent, October 31, 2013: Radioactive Fallout from Fukushima — The World as We Know It Has Changed [...] I believe that humanity is standing on the brink of a possible worldwide nuclear holocaust. The world as we know it has already changed as the result of radioactive material that has been released into the air and the ocean. I am not an alarmist, but I am alarmed. [...] I know radioactivity has been and continues to be released into the air and ocean. The effects on our health are incomprehensible because the magnitude of radioactivity released and the extent of spread and contamination are virtually unknown. [...] In my clinical career, I have had the good fortune to care for the homeless and the disenfranchised and the rich and the famous. When one is lying in a hospital bed with those special gowns that are wide open in the back, everyone is pretty much the same. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat are gifts of life for all of us no matter what our creed or our color. I know that these precious gifts have been contaminated. The silence from the media and the powers that be has been deafening. [...] We have an opportunity to help the Japanese with the crisis in Fukushima. I want the best and the brightest that money CAN’T buy to be making those decisions. This is not a request–this is an inalienable right for the sake of our children and our children’s children and all of humanity. [...] The time to act is now.

More about Dr. Hosea from the Santa Barbara News-Press: Mention Dr. Stephen Hosea and the accolades begin. [...] “He is just a phenomenal doctor, as well as just a wonderful guy,” said Dr. Elliot Schulman, health officer and Santa Barbara County Public Health director. “Everyone concurs,” said Peter MacDougall, past president of the Cottage Hospital board of directors. “Not only does he have tremendously strong technical competencies, but his personal modalities with patients, his caring, the deep sensitivity he shows represent just a terrific model for new doctors. “He’s as close to a model physician as you could ask for,” Mr. MacDougall said. “We are, frankly, blessed to have a man of his talents.” [...] a leading specialist on infectious disease [...] Government officials consider him a go-to guy, regularly seeking his advice on stemming the spread of illness. [...] Shortly after his 1973 graduation from Harvard Medical School, Dr. Hosea began his residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. [...]

Nov. 1, 2013: If you’re anywhere near the Santa Barbara area on Friday, do not miss Dr. Hosea’s lecture, “The Perils of Fukushima: What You Don’t Know Really Could Kill You” — Cottage Hospital, Burtness Auditorium, 400 W. Pueblo St. Santa Barbara at 12:15p.

Learn more about Friday’s event here

Published: October 31st, 2013 at 11:46 am ET

1. Revered California Physician: The problem we face at Fukushima is absolutely huge — I may leave West Coast during attempt to remove nuclear fuel (VIDEO) November 24, 2013
  2. Physician: I’ve surfed all over the world and I don’t ever really want to go in Pacific Ocean again because of Fukushima radiation (VIDEO) July 14, 2012
  3. Scientists “Especially Worried”: “We don’t know how the pathogen is doing this” — Sea star broke in half, walked away, then turned to goo — ‘Environmental factors’ to blame? — Hundreds wash up dead in Seattle (VIDEO) November 12, 2013
  4. Scientific American: Fukushima radiation could very well lead to negative health effects in US, Canada December 20, 2011
  5. Physician: The high radiation doses, the plume from Fukushima crossing ocean, likely to hit coast of Canada and Northwestern US in early 2014 — California impacted later in year — People don’t know how to stop situation at plant, it’s a global public health catastrophe (AUDIO) October 29, 2013

209 comments to Celebrated Physician: Fukushima has humanity “on brink of a possible worldwide nuclear holocaust” — “The world as we know it has changed” — “Effects on our health are incomprehensible”

• HoTaters HoTaters

Excellent article. We need more M.D.'s and experts from the medical community to assert the truths about Fukushima.

"I believe that humanity is standing on the brink of a possible worldwide nuclear holocaust. The world as we know it has already changed as the result of radioactive material that has been released into the air and the ocean. I am not an alarmist, but I am alarmed. [...] I know radioactivity has been and continues to be released into the air and ocean. The effects on our health are incomprehensible because the magnitude of radioactivity released and the extent of spread and contamination are virtually unknown."

Well said, Dr. Hosea. We thank you and are grateful for your standing up and telling the TRUTH.

• WWJD WWJD

Even if he might have kept quite about this until now (I am not sure) I thank him for speaking up!

• We Not They Finally

Thank you DR for speaking out.Even if we cant save this Planet .Thank you for your courage.To those who lied to the world and mislead us into this final disaster. Was it worth it?

The destruction of this Planet. Is a crime that can never be paid for.To me I would say eternal damnation is the penalty

• Doc4U

Hello,

I have been mutating in North Carolina since 2011.

http://www.circulartimes.org Scroll down front page a bit you will see the photos of mutations.

I have posted some photographs of some of the mutated flowers and herbs on my land. I publish Circular Times, I am a Naturopathic Doctor. I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and watched the bombs blow off in the desert with my family. I have always tried to help the planet and educate others on our environment and what is going on behind the scenes to think about. In very early 1995, I read Dr. Helen Caldicott’s book, Nuclear Madness – I reviewed and condensed it so the average person could read the basic facts. I decided to join the forum so people can see my mutated botanical photographs and read the articles documenting radiation and the effects on humans. I took photographs of mutated human chromosomes. You will find the link to short version Nuclear Madness – I highly suggest reading it – only 2 pages of intense info. Please, if you have any info about radiation or mutations use the contact email from the site.

I am encouraging others to talk maturely to your fellow friends and family for preparedness.

Doc4U

• Cisco Cisco

Doc4U…To the West, South and East, you are surrounded by 8 nuclear power generating stations, some as close as 60 miles, and some as far as 176 miles. All have been operating for 30 plus years. As you know, NPPs regularly discharge/vent/release aerosolized and liquid radiocuclides. This is SOP and permitted under NRC rules/Federal regs.

For as long as commercial nuclear generating has been producing electricity, the entire US population has been subjected to regular radioactive releases, for 40 years. Government/military installations have been worse. Savannah River Nuclear, about 200 miles from you, is infamous for large quantities of solids and liquids being dumped throughout the rural Carolina's.

Radionuclides releases resulting from nuclear power generation bio-accumulate downwind and downstream. If the conditions are just right, one plume carried in a rainstorm hundreds of miles away, can render large swaths of land destroyed for plants and human habitation for tens of thousands of years, i.e. see Chernobyl's contamination of Scotland/UK. http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/chernobyl-a-poisonous-legacy-469830.html

Fukushima's huge releases could be directly responsible for your mutations, as well as all of those nuke plants that surround Ashville; however, there's plenty of evidence that numerous regions here in the US and Canada have received deadly concentrations of radioactive isotopes from Fukushima with similarly reported mutations.

We've…

• Cisco Cisco

been had. This will be the end of us.

• Doc4U

Thank you. Yes, I am aware of the facilities around me. I have lived on this particular land here since 1996. It was the summer of 2011, I noticed the changes; these past 2 years the mutations moved very quickly to many species.
            Grapes, Daisies, Sunflowers, all my Heirloom Tomatoes, Echinacea, Citrus, Maple, Pine, Zinnias, Coreopsis, Lemon Balm, Winter and Summer Squash, Strawberries, etc…..I took many photos throughout the season to show how they matured. I live in the environment that is mutating. Whatever is affecting Nature is affecting me. I am a Being of Nature –an Organic Spirit – not a “Scientific” synthesized molecule. My Body does not understand how to metabolize synthetic unnatural processes.

When I matched my mutations with the radiation last February- that moment I died in my heart – I knew what to expect. I went to sleep -I woke up and cried for our World and Humanity. I thought of Twilight Zone. I then turned my grievance into a fight. Fight the Corporations, Agencies and Governments – don’t give up. I called the United States Geological Survey in Colorado whom did the mapping of some of the initial fall out. I spoke to the Author of the article -he tried to tell me it was only Carbon ??? with a half life of only 8 days and I was not to worry. I told him I was educated and he could not Hoo Doo me. He then said America needed more Citizens like me who are concerned. He was phony; I was disgusted.

• Doc4U

It is over in time – just how long now? I am very ill right now. Spine, joints, brain, intestines, kidneys…..I have lived my life. My neighbor just died –they said she was real sick and did not elaborate- I have not pushed to find out more. I am not going to fight any more, I want some peace. I will try to educate others, but lots of my neighbors and people I speak to are in denial. They say they have not seen anything in the news so there must not be anything wrong. I do not watch TV. They also say there is nothing they can do about it so they are not going to worry. I do not get newspapers. I have slow DSL and live in the woods and I am more aware of what is going on in our world then those who think they are connected because they are addicted to propaganda. Some have children and I have bought them Iodine – they do not want it, they think their child will not like it. They will not eat proper…so, maybe the Gene pool will be cleansed of Idiots and the Pathetics and the World will start over being smarter and more Spiritual and respect Nature. Well, maybe thousands of years from now. Imagine 2 Generations from now-God help the survivors.

• Slingerss Slingerss

Well, at least the information is starting to get out there. But, why do I feel like I am being told I am about to be beheaded right before my execution?
    They should have been talking about this two 1/2 years ago.

• hbjon hbjon

There are many great doctors out there who care deeply about the problems of civilization. As great doctors, they agonize terribly over the ailments and diseases inflicted upon the population.

Despite popular belief, intervention has been attempted on all levels. The solutions put into affect have been modified out of necessity to fit into the short time frame that has been thrust upon humanity.

Obstacles and problems arise faster than our collective ability to remedy them. The ongoing science project from hell continues to overload the best and brightest we can throw at it.

They need to contain those coriums at any cost. The water must continue to be contained as well. Thanks to all the great medical professionals who care.

• norbu norbu

Great article hope that it is not to late. It might be to late. At the least people will know as they start to get the effects. MD,s should speak up for humanity. Thank you Dr. Hosea MD for your time.
    N

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

C O L D . H A R D . F A C T S

Doctors can't do anything about radiation.

Man doesn't understand life and nature, as proven by the droves of unhealthy people in a messed up environment.

• mungo mungo

HERO….an anti-nuclear lawmaker broke a taboo, drawing heavy criticism in Japan, by handing the Emperor a letter of concern over the issue of the growing Fukushima radiation and the impact on children’s health.

Taro Yamamoto, an independent lawmaker at the Tokyo prefecture in the House of Councilors, the upper house of the Japanese parliament, personally handed the letter to Emperor Akihito during a party at the Akasaka Palace’s imperial garden on Thursday.

• weeman

On my last visit to my doctor I brought up Fukushima, he gave me the the same old song and dance, first he said how many people died because of radiation at Chernobyl, seven, I countered by saying that is only direct deaths, what about increase in cancers in region, that does not count can not correlate, I laughed.
    I then ask him to look at enenews, his response was first we don't know who runs site, next was no experts, I told him this is a site that runs articles concerning Fukushima and does not publish it self.
    I then pointed out to him that for life to exsist on the surface of a plant, you need protection from solar radiation and that should put it into prospective how dangerious radiation is to life.
    I look forward to my next visit and see if he has changed his tune, not likely but I will convert him sooner or later? I do like a good argument or discussion.
    To tell you the truth I believe he was assessing me, but it was me who was assessing him, if you go to see a mental health specialist, the first thing you must establish is he or she saine.

• Socrates

I said this exact same thing two and one-half year's ago.

We need to rid ourselves of Emperors who have no clothes, Queen's who invest in uranium and presidential candidates who receive campaign contributions from the nuclear industry.

Unless citizens can sue, there is no real downside to taking risks. Simple as that.

Bailouts and subsidies encourage this behavior. Limited or no legal liability guarantees that we will have more BP spills, TMIs, Chernobyls and Fukushimas.

Our constitution preserves the right to sue. The new TPP fast-track free trade agreement being negotiated in secret probably lets Japan and TEPCO off the hook for any and all damages.

How anyone can believe in the Devine right of kings or trust politicians who take enormous amounts as campaign contributions is why we have spills, meltdowns, and financial crashes while all the profits go to the top one-tenth of one-percent.

I formally questions this hierarchy that ensures our demise, as well as their own. Capitalism does not equal democracy. This is fascist rule that Einstein wanted to prevent. Instead, is locked it in. We must change this and struggle to survive this arrogance and greed. We must change it. It is probably already too late.

• Ron

"I want the best and the brightest that money CAN’T buy to be making those decisions."

Hear, hear!

Why the hell is TEPCO still in charge? These guys have been nothing if not disingenuous from the start. And we need competent people doing the actual work of removal. Not bozos hired off the street!

• Oncewaslost Oncewaslost

This message of his also continues to reinforce the narrative.

Somehow, they want us to believe an official "switching" of those overseeing and steering whatever it is they are doing there is going to make a difference.

Mostly what it means is that the public will be picking up the tab while bearing the brunt of the incompetence. A call for international involvement, means one thing.

They probably want to spread liability around to an international bottomless pit of taxpayer cash instead of just the Japanese.

What do you think would happen with a different committee calling teh shots besides a reallocation of liability designed to fleece a broader segment of international society?

Does anyone really believe a bureaucratic shuffle would suddenly finds ways to solve anything?

• We Not They Finally

"We need competent people doing the actual work of removal. Not bozos hired off the street!"?

First off, the people you disdainfully call "bozos" are just desperate, duped humans who are sent in to do minimal work, then sent home with radiation in their bodies that will kill them.

Second, the job description is NOT "the actual work of removal." This isn't a construction site! It's lethal and getting worse every day. Some of these reactors are not even approachable, they're so radioactive. The melted-through coriums are somewhere underground. Hundreds of tons of radioactive water pour into the sea daily. The tanks they have built for water storage are flimsy by design and already breaking up. The radiation readings go up EXPONENTIALLY every few days. And the recent killer typhoon and major earthquake? — we don't even have any damage reports on that.

No, they can't just "remove the debris." No, they can't just put a wall around the site. No, they can't just build a dam. No, they can't just dump concrete all over it. No, they can't just pick up the fuel and "put it somewhere."

Your own mentality may be "Just do it!" Just bring in the hard hats, why not "just do it"? O.k., if that makes you feel better, then fine. But what is actually going on here is called "DENIAL."

• We Not They Finally

But that said, YES OF COURSE, TEPCO should NOT be in charge! Far as I'm concerned, their whole national treasury should be put into bankruptcy and the funds used to do ANYTHING doable to remediate this. Or the whole world, the whole world ecology is gone.

So anger we have in common — yes!!!

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

I mean this with all sincerity, WNTF, and please understand this comes from a sense of compassion to you, and all of us here.

Please take up meditation, or a long nap on a regular basis, or a trip to a spa. Get a massage. You seem to be getting close to a point you don't want to get to.

With love . . .

• bo bo

It's like that Catch 22 situation…
      'We need the best and the brightest doing fuel removal work (or whatever that needs to be retrieved, if there is anything left in SPF 4)' – but if you REALLY were the best and brightest you would never apply for such a job… you probably aren't even in japan right now.

• rnix rnix

"Why were so many Americans treated by their government as though their lives were as disposable as paper facial tissues? Because that was the way authors customarily treated bit-part players in their made up tales."

—–Kurt Vonnegut Breakfast of Champions, or Goodbye Blue Monday

• Oncewaslost Oncewaslost

The Good doctor is relaying nothing new and instead is only bolstering the current stream of misinformation and propaganda.

There is a great deal of alarmism occurring right now as the SFP 4 perception management strategy comes to a crescendo.

They are obviously undertaking a standard threaten and rescue communications tactic as I have repeatedly stated and I think most people understand here.

There is very little they can functionally do at FUKU, so its all about communicating stuff versus actually doing anything.

Part of the letter that was left out reads as follows:

I know that large quantities of radioactive material are in a precariously unstable situation in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility. An inability to effectively keep this material cool could easily result in another nuclear event.

MeEssage reinforced, "so far nothing terribly serious has happened, but something really nasty could happen." TO the doctors credit he does not over elaborate that point like others do, but instead simply states " another nuclear event."

Then the kicker:

Another natural disaster like the recent typhoon or earthquake that occurred October 25, 2013, will further minimize the likelihood of a meaningful response.

Further minimize meaningful response, eh? As far as we know the double whammy of two typhoons and a 7.3 eq had absolutely no effect, therefor celebration is in order, wouldn't you say?

But no boasting of prevention has occurred, only…

• We Not They Finally

You're very hard on this doctor and that's actually not good. He is one of the VERY FEW who is speaking out at all. Give him time and space to catch up. He may even already KNOW that it's way worse than what he says — he's just first now stepping out.

Encourage this guy. Please!

• Oncewaslost Oncewaslost

He then goes on to say:

This part really irritates me.

The whole world is awash in a climate change debate, that is often alarmist and nihilistic even "doomful."

However all of the Climate change science is predicated on computer modelling.

The biggest problems are related to the fact that there is endless variables in climate change modelling that it make it very difficult to predict the future of climate.

However in the case of Fukushima. We have solid fundamental data we can use for computer modelling. It does need to be a virtual unknown as result.

We have all the information we need to model and get solid data, far more so than the data we compile and manipulate to forward the climate change "science."

Fukushima is a threat that by any measure is far more profound than the potential impacts of climate change.

The question then becomes who and what does "science" really serve?

• papacares papacares

friends – when this disaster first happened 31 months ago anyone who had half a brain realized Fukushima was destroyed. Everything now is but smoke and mirrors. The lack of reporting is based on a decision made years and years ago that the result of reporting the truth would cause such panic that more people would die from panic than from radiation. Thus the whole world is now in a state of denial but look around you. Notice the increase number of people being diagnosed with cancers, heart disease, diabetes and what west coasters commonly call "the cough". If you have not noticed this just take a few minutes to sit silently in any public place and listen for the cough. you will hear it over and over, also if you are rather bold ask the person how long they have had the cough and if they have had any nose bleeds or other infections lately.

• drinkupdreamers drinkupdreamers

Absolutely. Where I work, when this all first happened – within two months, nearly my whole wing had, 'the cough' – always attributed to pneumonia, of course, considering it's a geriatric population..Four people 'popped up' with cancer – sans past history of it – two kidney, one skin, one leukemia. Without past history. Most still have, 'the cough' – still. Despite lukewarm efforts with antibiotics, etc. They're elderly – so, who cares, right? Elderly people get sick. That's what they do – right?

It's lovely that they take them outside, almost daily…and for outings…but, 'the cough' seems to worsen. All are weaker and constantly tired. Impossible to prove – again, given the population – and I tell myself that I am just paranoid, and ignore the fact that the jetstream dips down right over us. I *do* know that I've become, 'overly watchful' for such things and that bringing it up is both useless and downright dangerous, given the fact that ALL our jobs, there, are in constant jeopardy.

No real point to this, I guess. Just venting.

• Loveistheonlyrationalact Loveistheonlyrationalact

Hey Drink Up, can you give me more info about "the cough" please. Is it a precursor? what to look for, etc. regards

• drinkupdreamers drinkupdreamers

***WAIT! #$%^& I accidentally hit 'report' after typing out a lengthy response. I am SO SO sorry, omg.***

To re-reply: I cannot say, really, but what I've personally observed – a deep, deep, 'junky'-sounding cough (deeper than, say, a raspy, 'smoker's cough) that lasts and lasts, for months, despite anti-biotics. I still have two women with it; it just doesn't want to go away. Most cases, accompanying headache and weakness – no fever – sometimes, dizziness and chest pain, in which case, I get a full set of vitals – to rule out immediate cardiac event.

Again, I cannot stress enough how, 'nebulous' and inconclusive these observations are – the symptoms can easily be explained away as a simple, 'cold' or as part of something else. As I said above, I am very aware that I am overly watchful and, yes, paranoid. I love my residents very much, and they know it, and know me well. No reports on the, 'metallic' taste that others have observed, but that is because I could not ask these folks because it would scare them; again, they trust me, and are not stupid, and they would have asked what I suspected. It was just so spot-on, the timing – and so immediate and complete, the onset.

AGAIN, I APOLOGIZE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

• drinkupdreamers drinkupdreamers

Again, I apologize. THIS is a prime example of why I seldom pipe up and join discussion on here! I'm so sorry!

• Mack Mack

drinkupdreamers – you don't have to apologize. A lot of people noticed "the cough" after the meltdowns. I heard it everywhere I went, too.

I also read newspapers from around the country where people discussed a "cough."

My theory: It could have been the Xenon released from Fukushima or other gases; it could have been the Radioactive-Sulfur; it could have been from radioactive particulates interacting geochemically with other things found in the air, etc.

Any of the hundreds of radioactive isotopes released from Fukushima could have lodged themselves into lungs and caused a cough.

But there definitely was "a cough" for a couple of months after Fukushima.

There was also a lot of sneezing noticed by people; this was nicknamed "sneezium" at Enenews, for cesium + sneezing.

Post often, drinkupdreamers; your comments are as good as anyone's here.

• Mack Mack

Also, remember that Arnie Gundersen said people in Seattle had breathed in 5 hot particles per day.

But people all over the country could have inhaled hot particles, too, depending where the wind was blowing.

I once saw a photo of a lung of a Chernobyl worker where a small of amount of Cesium-137 had attached itself to the lung tissue, eventually thru time creating a large cancerous mass.

So just a small amount of a radioactive isotope can in-time cause a great deal of damage.

• drinkupdreamers drinkupdreamers

OMFG. I DID IT, AGAIN. CHRIST, I'M SO SORRY, AGAIN, THAT WAS ACCIDENTAL – I SWEAR, I'M JUST NOT GOING TO POST ANYMORE. #$%^& 'REPORT COMMENT' BUTTON! GAH.

I was *trying* to thank you for your kind words, and what do I do? Hit the $%^& 'report comment' button, accidentally. AGAIN.

• or-well

hey drinkupdreamers…you can always report your own comment to let Admin know you've accidentally reported someone.
                And then carry on!

• irhologram

Not to worry. I've done that FIVE times myself. At first I didn't realize I should unreport the report! So I was bad. Very bad. Hey! Don't be so hard on yourself. Many of us have been so absorbed in this stuff, we hit the wrong button. Or we're brain dead. To some degree. Alas, I would expect many more false "reports" in the future. Deep sigh.

• Thanks for participating.. no need to apologize..

• Sol Man

Time and again people have had the choice to take the low road, or the high road, and, unfortunately, the low road was chosen by those seeking the fiat dollar pay-off from their sponsors. Now we all must pay. The reason I read about U.S. history is to get a sense of it is to live among other like-minded individuals acting in accord with Principle.

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

So how is this going to play out? Here's a thought.

They "start" the unloading process. Opps…a little mistake.

The media reports it…"no immediate health concern".

The next week…same thing…and so on for as long as it takes till the cancer incidents become so widespread that their lies no longer work.

• drinkupdreamers drinkupdreamers

>>This is ALL about them "buying time" so they can get ready for it (ie the pissed off masses).

Totally agree. No one wants to hear it. And the looks you get when you dare bring it up..Soon, it will be unavoidable, and I've never wished more to be *wrong*.

"From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.’ "

Astronaut Ed Mitchell, Apollo 14

• Socrates

A.new radionuclide called "opps-idasium" ?

Oops, oops…. "I ruined the Pacific Ocean!"

"Who would have known?"

"Totally unforseeable."

And finally, "Thank God for our legal immunities!"

Their lawyers got it right. Their engineers looked the other way and would not listen to whiseblowers years ago. The Mark I design whistleblowers, the seismic whistleblowers, the tsunami wall whistleblowers, the fill dirt whistleblowers, the ancient underground stream whistleblowers, as well as those of us who believe that even the utmost of care is insuffient when factoring in such large magnitude consequences – even routine discharges are unhealthful.

• moonshellblue moonshellblue

So TEPCO is going to start removal of spent fuel rods in SFP 4 on November 8th and claims it will take a year to complete. What about the spent fuel pools in Reactor 1, 2 and 3 which is really a mess. Well whatever belief system you prescribed to be it prayer, positive energy, etc. please focus on this very precarious undertaking . I just wish this was the only task that needed addressed and not to be a bummer, but Fukushima is one big diabolical mess with no end in sight. Also I wonder why they can not put something in the pools like boron, lead, and clay of course Reactor four could not handle the weight and I guess subsidence comes into play. Just thinking thoughts. Anyway, I do hope this attempt is a success. Take good care everyone and no worries.

• papacares papacares

the supposed removal is a sham – using remotely operated cranes
      to thread through debris and rig to rods that have set in salt water for over 30 months, preposterous – think not! where are the pictures of the massive numbers of transport vehicles (trucks, barges) and stacked containment casks necessary for removal shown in TEPCO's preparation of the removal? where are the large clear areas for processing removed material containment and dispersal? -from shortly after 3/11 until today this disaster has been a tightly scripted scenario written to placate the unknowing, the storyline is in exactly the same vien as was bagdad bob or any other government or agency trying to maintain calm in the midst of its demise. the doctor in this report is right on "the incomprehensible has begun" everybody better get ready because nobody knows what is coming next

• Anthony Anthony

It is Choreography in motion. A script and a plot.

• MichaelV MichaelV

The world has changed we are in a new paradigm era. The atmosphere and oceans are being filled with rad contamination and we cannot stop it… we cannot save ourselves.

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

The definition of Holocaust prior to WWII was 'burnt offering'.

It fits very well.

• We Not They Finally

MichealV unfortunately your sense of what you see is right on..Leaving us in sorrow and mourning for our devastated Planet.Its very sad that the Joy of life be replaced with an ongoing funeral…It wont be long before the rest of humanity will begin to understand what has happened and what will just grow more and more horrible as time passes.

• The Spirit The Spirit

Day of the living dead.
    People will not care until it is too late.
    Try this though, interrupt them texting or using their cell phone.
    They will give you the riot act.
    The nuclear insanity has reached its apex now.
    If people will not wake up now, we are cooked.
    Literally.
    I am glad to see this article, more please.
    The next step has to be a news conference with several
    of these mainstream individuals standing up.
    We have to all start working together on this.
    On one end of the spectrum you have Obamacare, on the other you have Fukishima. Politics will rapidly become a thing of the past when Joe cheeseburger realizes his ass is on the line.

• StPaulScout StPaulScout

I have mentioned it to co-workers. Just a couple. One imbecile that listens to way to much FOX news and states that no radiation release of any size can reach the U.S., Bill says so don't you know…. People can be so stupid. Really down right willfully ignorant some of them…..

• jump-ball jump-ball

I won't be able to control myself when the first rods break, touch, and the holocaust begins, so I will be joining my local chapter of Alcoholics Unanimous.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

As a practitioner of the martial arts..I'm supposed to meet my fate as one meets the tiger..without a change of breath.

So..I'm trying not to flinch..lots of luck to me.

• jackassrig

I don't know if the Japan leaders know they hold a powerful weapon over our heads. Japan could use this to blackmail the entire world. "One false move and kaboom. Better do as we say. We have nothing to loose."

• deedles deedles

Hello, my first post due to logging in difficulties but have been reading for weeks now.

Am horrified at a cellular level about this, cry frequently and am asked where is my tinfoil hat when I try to tell people.

Have to ask,Jump-Ball, what exactly happens if these rods break and touch? Like mushroom cloud, crack the planet in half?

• pinksailmatt pinksailmatt

The other Horseman…Cesium-137…with it's uncanny ability to mutate living things.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Things and attitudes are certainly looking up ! :) :( :) :(

• bdais92

Im not very knowledgeable on this so i was wondering,When reactor 3 blew up scattering bits and pieces everywhere, when they land, since they are still not covered with water anymore, do they continue to fission? Did it "use up" all of its radiation after the explosion?

• vicky13 vicky13

hi bdais92

no expert here either, but yeah they are highly radioactive when they land. They had to bulldoze the land to bury some of the debris.

They fission on the atomic level so some of the radiation has short lives while others are for a million years or so.

• PLUTONIUM is hazardous for more than 24,000 years!

Cesium-137 has a decay rate of about 30 years which means it's hazardous to life for more than 300 years.

Most cannot imagine these timescales. :(

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

Uranium-235, the enriched uranium used in nuclear fuel rods, has a half-life of 704 million years. It will generated daughter products that will continue to increase in lethality.

When all the reactors blew, not just #3. Add the Spent Fuel Pools and the Common Spent Fuel Pool – thousands of tons of nuclear fuel aerosolized into the atmosphere and spread worldwide in the jetstream at 3,000 MPH, along with the melted cores.

You will learn much here, grasshopper.

• ;) "The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat are gifts of life for all of us no matter what our creed or our color. I know that these precious gifts have been contaminated. The silence from the media and the powers that be has been deafening."
    – Dr. Hosea

Amazingly… well said!
    Worth repeating.

"The world as we know it has already changed as the result of radioactive material that has been released into the air and the ocean. I am not an alarmist, but I am alarmed"
    – Dr. Hosea

HERO = Dr. Stephen Hosea, MD

• Horse Horse

Tritium is usually 'managed' by nuke industry; filtered, stored and released when below legal limits. Tepco has had major problems managing emissions. Tritiated water is only lethal if ingested and is not considered much of a threat to humans. It has serious effects on aquatic species.

"tritium produced measureable, dose dependent, and irreversible suppression of immune capacity in affected fish."
    "It appeared that there was no threshold or significant dose-rate effect for either beta or gamma rays on germ cell survival, and that tritium beta rays were more effective than cesium-137 gamma rays in germ cell killing."
    "For scientific purposes, the generally accepted value for the half-life of tritium, as measured by Mound Laboratories, is 12.323+/-0.004 years (4500.88+/-1.46 days)."

"(TEPCO) also admits that as much as 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium have been released into the Pacific since the disaster began."

• Jebus

Excellent post Horse,
      That is a point that should be taken very seriously.
      Any mammal or fish is made up of the sum of all the organisms that inhabit it's very own ecosystem just because it's mobile.
      Some of those millions of very small germs and microbes are evolved into the system of the host. They are necessary for quality of life.
      Those very small germs and microbes in the gastrointestinal tracts of the host are the first to meet their demise when radionuclides, heavy metal toxins, are introduced.
      This leaves the host unprotected from what that germ or microbe was protecting it from. Viruses and toxic germs and microbes.
      Is it any wonder that the creatures are literally jumping out of the sea?
      Except the ones melting…

• VyseLegendaire VyseLegendaire

I'm sure Dr. Hosea will be blacklisted and thrown off of every government advisory board he was on after this. You can't speak out against nuclear and remain a crony of the US Gov't for long.

• hbjon hbjon

If the health anomalies become impossible to explain away, they could employ the good doctor to ease the fears and suggest remedies. Protesting nuclear (to doctors) is like protesting the use of antibiotics or antidepressants on patients. There is too much conflict of interest to eliminate their uses.

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

I'm sure he knew that. Some people just choose to take a stand.

What will be very interesting is when key people with 'exclusive' knowledge start getting rad sick. What will they confess?

I hope they don't drive a Mercedes.

• jump-ball jump-ball

@ deedles: "what exactly happens if these rods break and touch?"

I can't do the nuclear math on what will happen, except to know that zeolite, KI, magnesium, baking soda, filter masks, Tyvek suits, HEPA filters, Bind-it, and everything else Noah is using, will suddenly become unavailable, except at back-alley black market prices.

For myself, I am again stacking long-dated canned vegetables, pastas, rice, fruits, oils, peanut butter, jams and non-Pacific fish and meats, as I did immediately after 3-11: I anticipate the near-term date after the Fuku R4 unloading disaster when San Joaquin CA meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and Pacific tuna, salmon, crab – and just about everything – will be too contaminated to eat and too questionable to buy.

• ftlt

We're celebrated posters and nobody is listening to us…

• pkjn

Japanese politician breaks taboo by giving letter to Emperor about Fukishima fears
    euronews – Nov 1, 2013‎
    A Japanese politician has caused a stir after handing a letter about the health impact of the Fukishima nuclear disaster to the Emperor.
    He says he wanted to draw attention to the plight of children affected.
    In eastern Japan there are children coming down with many health problems and there are people who are working in radioactive conditions who are just being ignored – this is the reality.
    There have been calls for him to resign.
    Japan’s Culture Minister said: “If we allow such action without any repercussion, it will encourage others to hand the Emperor letters at various events,”

• spiritwoman

I live in Midwest and am fortunate to have a chiropractor who educated me about EMG toxicity and preventing toxicity from radiation. He referred me to ENEnews as well as to Source Energy Medicine and the book Heal Thyself, the 3rd edition of which will be available by year's end. As a result I've done massive reading on cutting edge solutions via applying principles of quantum physics. Anyone who wants to do the same will find a start in reading books I've referred to in my posts.
    The above doc shared research done by a colleague on mitigating the effects of radiation with calcium and magnesium. Since I had years of liver scans after a dx of melanoma, I take these supplements and don't plan to stop. There are other ways to protect yourself. Find a chiropractor or naturopath who carries and uses Standard Process supplements. You will get good advice and personal recommendations.
    Radiation toxicity is not only dose dependent but varies with individuals and previous history. One size doesn't fit all for prevention or treatment.
    Ultimately the solution to this problem I believe will come from harnessing the power of Intention. Thoughts can change reality. Those best minds out there that the good doctor from CA calls for need to be those not part of the problem, i.e. Nuclear scientists, but healers familiar with the power of mind . Western medicine won't be of much use as above posts confirm. Ex: the doc from Santa Barbara ate Pacific fish 4 was ago.

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

After getting back to my PC after a couple days away from it and upon seeing the latest threads of concern such as this one I had something worth posting in response but wound up pissed off & discombobulated after being distracted by a blog so obviously pro-nuke it literally made me fight the gag reflex & nausea that followed. I don't even know what to say right now while so wound up & disgusted by certain supposedly intelligent people cheerleading for more nuclear crap to offset global warming & toxic emissions from non-nuclear power technologies except that I feel guilty for wishing harm from their coveted nuke shit to befall them and stop their lies & disinformation sooner than the rest of us suffer what HAS been & WILL be "literally" a part of our lives that began soon after 3/11/11! :( Now I guess WE should describe our life expectancies just like radioactive elements as "half-lives",although I have a sad feeling that my own children may be lucky to even reach the 50 years I've survived so far(?)!! A lot of celebrities & popular figures such as the Dali-lama,etc. sure have turned out to be much less intelligent or "enlightened" regarding their stances on nuclear than I'd previously thought and I've lost all respect for so many fools that I've lost count… :( I thank & commend the good Dr. Hosea and any/all of the responsible professionals who put themselves at risk for telling the truth! NUKES = SHIT!! :| Take Care ENEWSER's

• andagi andagi

Dear Jonny Blade,
      All we can do is keep it up. Fight the good fight then 'hang' here at ENENews. Go 'Newsers'!
      Aloha.

• Dugisme Dugisme

All we can do? Hmm, how about we get the world started on a little easteregg hunt. These 1% that have sold out the world must have incredibly large, and sophisticated bunker systems. I would. Possibly even generational. Maybe ducking underground for a century or two of poolside mimosas is the plan. Be if shame if they were stuck out here with the rest if us. I wonder where they are…

• Naha Johari

Dear Johnny,

I live in London, England. Yesterday I took my three year old daughter to the Science Museum, which is a favourite destination for school trips & even for parents to bring their bored kids to during school holidays as it is full of fun physics & chemistry exhibits to play with. It is however heavily reliant on industry funding & I think I'm going to stop taking my little girl there.

I was nauseated by a shameless indoctrination campaign. Suspended in its high atrium entrance is a slim ring of gigantic diameter, with a linear dot matrix message board lining its inner circumference. There I was looking up & I cursed under my breath reading a supposed message from a supposed Japanese boy claiming that nuclear energy is safe & clean & that all of the negative news is just desperate tabloid sensationalism.

We are paying through the nose (& with more elderly & urban poor deaths expected this winter) for skyrocketing electric bills many times above inflation, which also promises us more silent radioctive death. It is claimed that the recent energy bill rises have everything to do with a deal to fix a profit margin for new investors in nuclear energy that the current UK government has courted: the French nuclear industry backed by Chinese money. GE & TEPCO are not the only nuclear devils out there.

• Johnny Blade Johnny Blade

THANKS to ALL of those who took the time to read and/or respond to my post and encouraging me to remain solidly against the nuclear decimation of everything & everyone else good or bad,innocent or guilty,and for now-able to set out my personal feelings about nuke crap that I've learned via the much smarter & braver "in the know"players who know the fragile nature of the industry and its products & especially what it does to living things whether human beings,wildlife & livestock & agricultural lands & produce and their expertise & selfless contributions of TRUTHFUL information & the many hidden faults Big Nuke & the little pukes use their power & influence to keep from the public is very much appreciated equal to or perhaps even a little more than the support & camaraderie regarding these issues that I only find here for the most part. :) I'm just glad my wife is finally coming to her senses and paying attention though since just last night I was ridiculed & insulted by my mother-in law and the neighbor couple who'd witnessed the rain samples I'd taken on 10/30 & on Halloween that set off my Geiger Counter to all-time high alarm levels & yet STILL dismissed what I had to say & SHOWN them as BS(?)!!~That's ok though too since I feel less helpless regarding my mission to make any last-minute,last-ditch efforts to "save" or remove as many loved ones from what's coming as I can & now I know what the rest think of me! :| THANKS FRIENDS! ;) TTYL…

• weeman

In the USA ninety percent of the surface water has been run through a nuclear reactor and is contaminated with tritium, that is why there plans to build future nuclear plants they will be by the ocean?
    Brilliant aren't they, rising sea levels,tsunamis, earthquakes, etc, put nuclear energy to rest, it is a dead end technology, anybody want to argue about it?

• rogerthat