Cesium levels spiked in child’s urine between May and July tests

Published: September 9th, 2011 at 7:23 am ET

Rising radioactive cesium levels detected in Fukushima child’s urine, Mainichi, September 8, 2011:

Increased radioactive cesium levels were detected in a urine sample taken from a child who continued to live in Fukushima Prefecture after the meltdowns at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, a citizens group has announced.

On Sept. 7, Fukushima Rokyu Genpatsu o Kangaeru Kai (An association for a study of the aging nuclear power plants in Fukushima) released the results of urine tests on 10 people aged between 6 and 16 who lived in the city of Fukushima at the beginning of the nuclear disaster in March. At the time of the first round of testing on May 20-22, all 10 children were living in Fukushima Prefecture, while at the time of the second round conducted July 22 through 26, nine had evacuated to other parts of Japan.

Results showed cesium levels in the nine children who had left the prefecture had dropped by roughly 20 to 70 percent in the some two months between the tests. Radioactive cesium 137 levels in the one child who had remained in the city of Fukushima, however, had spiked by 11.5 percent as of the July tests. [...]

Published: September 9th, 2011 at 7:23 am ET

1. Kyodo: Cesium detected in Fukushima children’s urine July 1, 2012
  2. Tokyo Professor: Cesium detected in urine of Fukushima infants “definitely has no effect on human body” July 2, 2012
  3. Cesium-137 found in urine of child near Tokyo, despite mother’s stringent efforts at radiation protection — “Mixture of shock and a feeling that of course this is the case” September 5, 2011
  4. Jiji: Radiation now 5 times higher than July levels — School building with 150,000 Bq/kg nearby October 5, 2011
  5. Kyodo: High levels of radioactive cesium detected in Yokohama south of Tokyo — 6.85 microSv/h close to elementary school February 4, 2012

23 comments to Cesium levels spiked in child’s urine between May and July tests

• Steven Steven

Convincing evidence that relocating to somewhere further away (but obviously not to a ‘hot spot’) really does make a difference. It follows then, that those responsible for ‘discouraging’ relocation must bear full responsibility for any ill effects on those who remained.

• midwestern midwestern

“Fukushima spoils world appetite for nuclear power”:http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15352996,00.html

• James2

I have a problem with this article in that it’s overtly sensational.

First, it doesn’t give any hard data, only percentage changes. Without an actual reading, I don’t know if the levels are high enough to be of concern in the first place – or not.

Then it says the levels dropped by by “roughly 20-70%” in the nine children that left. This is a very poor use of the language – without the raw data I can’t tell if it was a range from 20-70% or whether 20-70% (or 50%) is the margin of error on the test.

Then is says the 1 child who stayed had a “spiked” reading of 11.5% higher. I would rarely cause an 11.5% change a “spike”, and since I don’t know the baseline, I have no way of knowing if this is of concern, or significant, or even within the error of the test being given.

Just like I want accurate information about the nuke plant – I want accurate information about its effects – There is no need to fabricate news here. If the effects are negligible, that’s fantastic, if they’re terrible – well that’s bad. Either way, I want accurate information, so proper decisions can be made.

• Steven Steven

You seem to be overthinking it. While there is clearly not enough data here for a conclusion, nevertheless the results suggest that a failure to relocate is responsible for the increased level.

The ‘spike’ reference would no doubt refer to the appearance of this particular child’s recent level on a graph showing all the tested children’s levels, and in that context I think it is described accurately.

Since there is so much confusion regarding ‘safe’ levels at the moment, we are forced to hope that the nuclear industry estimates are correct and the ‘concerned physicians’ are in error. Time will tell.

• James2

My point is that the results of the tests might not prove anything at all.

And they likely don’t show enough to say that the one child is “spiking”.

I know statistics, I’ve taught statistics, and I’ve seen statistics used constantly to “spin” in incorrect ways. That is what has made me so angry about the data that has been released on the reactors – it’s mostly all garbage data, but the media is eating it up.

I’d rather not see garbage data counteracted with garbage data spun the opposite direction.

The truth is fine to tell – whatever it is.

• kx kx

well I want absolute ZERO radiation particles in my food, and 0% change. so you have absolute and percentual examples here.

So supose 70% decrease in that shit on some1 body is like a most fantastic news since anything above ZERO is WRONG.

THIS IS NOT SUN BURN MY FRIEND!

• James2

Of course I know what it is. And of course no radiation is better than any radiation.

If you had 10 cents in your pocket and you lost 7 of them, that would be 70% of your wealth lost. It wouldn’t be the same as someone losing $70,000 of $100,000, even though the percentages are exactly the same.

Also if you have $100,000 and all the sudden your wealth went to $111,000 – I would hardly characterize that your wealth had spiked.

Without the real numbers I cannot personally asses anything, however the article makes it sound like it is definitive.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

The children of Japan …the children of the world have no shot ..NO SHOT…at a normal life.

NOTE to the NWO: This includes YOUR own.. but they will ….live long enough to curse you for it.
    One of you..Vatican lurkers…take the message.

• Steven Steven

I’m not sure what the Vatican has to do with this Heart; but having seen suggestions that H@@RP, Mo$$ad, manmade lakes and nuclear weapons were responsible (for the events at Fukushima) frankly I’m skeptical. Earthquakes do happen naturally, especially around Japan, also Tsunamis (it’s a Japanese word isn’t it?). Considering the MSM blackout which came into effect after the first couple of weeks, it seems clear to me that the meltdowns caught everyone off guard (or the MSM would have been ‘on it’ immediately i.e. total blackout from the very start).

It might be worth considering that even with all the conspiracy theories out there (which may or may not contain an element of truth) accidents do still happen, and until proven otherwise this one was an avoidable accident with the responsibility resting squarely on the nuclear power industry and the governments that support them.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

@ Steven..i don’t recall the post being addressed to you unless you rep for the NWO

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

PS.They are the same thing..big corporations and big government are the same bunch of clowns..
          The Kochs,Bildenbergers.. etc.
          CFR=NWO
          They’ve had way more dinner parties they we have…
          They are the ace conspirators with the money to back it up.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

The media ….whores of whatever term chosen for the “aggregate of theives”..
            Old Murdoch got a raise…young one didn’t take his..and is kicking himself for it I’m sure.
            MSM is complicit to crimes against humanity.
            Here is CNN.. along time ago..they are so much slicker..now.
            Even in jest..I refuse to post anything from FOX news.
            It’s too dumb and money ridden.

• Steven Steven

“@ Steven..i don’t recall the post being addressed to you”

My apologies Heart, I hadn’t realised this site has become a private venue for closed discussion groups. As a frequent reader (and sometimes contributor) here, I naturally presumed you were indeed communicating with everyone.

In regard to your following post, I have no idea what CFR refers to. If you go too far down the rabbit hole nobody else understands what you are talking about :)

• James2

I agree with you 100% on this point Steven.

• niigata

Hello,

I do not know if the Mainichi news refers to the analysis of ACRO, but you can find their results to this page: (in french)

Then choosing the link:

http://www.acro.eu.org/OCJ_fr.html (07 September 2011)

There are all the full tables if it can help.

Best regards

Niigata

• lam335 lam335

Interesting polling data in that article. The following insight is annoying, but not surprising:

“In all but three of them [the countries polled]- India, the United States and Poland – there was consensus that the time has come for cleaner, safer sources of power.”

Of course Americans’ minds haven’t been changed by Fukushima because the vast majority of them are ignoring it. Most of them probably haven’t even heard of it since March, and they believe the situation is all under control by now.

• Finch Finch

As if the sad reality of the MELTOUTS wasn’t enough,I still find no answer why we discuss about hããrp. …… And all the other conspiracy theories here. I read this blog almost every other day and it is sad to see psychology of human nature ,diving deeper and deeper into fear and paranoia. I humbly ask for a little more discipline on this blog.One can’t find too much information about what is going on anyway.But we do not help the people with all that bilderberk-sh@t.Haarp.9/elefenn or whatever! Consider your own mental health by not running around like a chicken without head.

• socal stukncali

I agree. Conspiracy theories are only there to keep people scared. I always ask people if we have such a sophisticated powerful group of elites then why are there people allowed to have their own shows(conspiracy theories with jesse ventura) and radio shows(alex jones), telling the public of the so-called master plans? Doesn’t make sense to me unless “they” are that cocky, which I don’t believe. All of these conspiracy theories and alien invasion theories are bs; put there by the government or allowed to manifest because they want us to fear them. They are very very weak. They want us to believe they have all these powerful secret societies and godlike weapons. We need a revolution but everyone is too caught up in all this conspiracy crap. But hey i could be wrong and they could be purposely destroying nuke plants to kill off humans and contaminate the earth for thousands of years.

• Finch Finch

Btw, the greatest conscpiracy is this God story. As soon as you find out no God will help us, paranoia vanishes in an instant.2000 years of selling fear and guilt.Gods chosen few with all the money and power…. if they find out they have been betrayed as well they will howl like wolves.

• Steven Steven

It’s got nothing to do with money or power; if you study history you’ll realise that over the centuries a great many highly intelligent people developed a belief in God. When those smarter than us talk, we should probably listen. Of course, I have no way of knowing how smart you are so that point may be moot.

Conspiracy only has two c’s btw.

• StillJill StillJill

Heart,…you must be really right today—there’s a whole ‘herd’ of ‘em after you!
    Heart is right,….the Vatican waits and watches.