Yahoo News: Cesium over 500,000 Bq/kg detected in canal soil nearby Fukushima gov’t offices
Source: Yahoo News
Translation by: Fukushima Diary
Date: November 15
515,000 becquerels per kilogram of cesium was measured from the soil of an irrigation channel in Fukushima city [60km from Daiichi].
It’s Watari area, where is 2km South East of Fukushima prefectural government office.
The measurement was conducted by a citizen’s organization on 10/14/2012.
- 600 km from Fukushima: High levels of cesium detected in Osaka Bay soil -Report January 16, 2012
- 10,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium detected in Minamisoma soil sample -Local Official May 16, 2012
- Report: 49 Million+ Bq/m² of cesium in Namie machi — Detected over 20km from Fukushima plant November 23, 2011
- Report: Neptunium-239 found in soil about 40 km from meltdown — “Several thousand becquerels” — Similar to levels detected at front gate of Fukushima plant August 15, 2011
- Jiji: School outside Fukushima reports sharp increase in headaches, stomachaches; Visits to nurse up big — Kids easily losing concentration and become irritable, says govt psychiatrist September 15, 2012