515,000 becquerels per kilogram of cesium was measured from the soil of an irrigation channel in Fukushima city [60km from Daiichi].
It’s Watari area, where is 2km South East of Fukushima prefectural government office.
The measurement was conducted by a citizen’s organization on 10/14/2012.
Published: November 15th, 2012 at 10:32 am ET
- 600 km from Fukushima: High levels of cesium detected in Osaka Bay soil -Report January 16, 2012
- 10,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium detected in Minamisoma soil sample -Local Official May 16, 2012
- Fukushima Volunteer: “Their hair started falling out, they were almost bald, they told me they were wearing wigs” — More women at doctors’ offices missing hair December 30, 2012
- Kyodo: High dosage of cesium similar to Chernobyl evacuation levels found in large city 60 km fom meltdowns — 307,000 Bq/kg in soil on Sept. 14 October 5, 2011
- Report: 49 Million+ Bq/m² of cesium in Namie machi — Detected over 20km from Fukushima plant November 23, 2011