Architect of Reactor 3 warns of massive hydrovolcanic explosion, Fukushima Diary by Mochizuki, November 19, 2011:
Nov. 17 interview with Uehara Haruo, former president of Saga University and architect of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3
- “He admitted Tepco’s explanation does not make sense, and that the China syndrome is inevitable.”
- “He stated that considering 8 months have passed since 311 without any improvement, it is inevitable that melted fuel went out of the container vessel and sank underground.”
- “If the underground water vein keeps being heated for long time, a massive hydrovolcanic explosion will be caused.”
SOURCE: news.livedoor.com (Japanese)
DATE: 2011 November 18th 19:16
You think that in interview, the Tanaka dragon work person of the journalist, “the China syndrome (the hot nuclear fuel which was melted with the core, penetrates the pressure container and the Containment Vessel and leaks and comes out, furthermore entering in the underground soil) has entered into process?” When with opinion is sought, Uehara answered “you think that from present time lapse, to tell the truth it does not become so you do not obtain,” that.
In addition, Uehara “if, (the nucleus) the fuel rod has arrived to underground Mio, when it becomes, rather several fearful thing occurs”, that after warning, by the fact that underground Mio itself is polluted to the radioactivity, pointing out the possibility, serious radiation contamination such as soil contamination and marine pollution reaching to wide scope. When underground Mio continued to be heated with the hot nuclear fuel, it did not mean that large-scale phreatic explosion occurs, or that anxiety was shown. On that, vis-a-vis the competent authorities “we want teaching truth quickly”, that it appealed.
As for Uehara while interviewing, concerning especially Tokyo Electric Power Company announcement contents “you do not understand well whether honesty, what is said” that, there was a scene where many degrees give an advise. When from Takashi Uesugi of the journalist, the present each reactor (1, 2 and 3 the machine) possibility of the China syndrome which includes state and melt through is questioned, “The melt knocking down, when doing melt through, if you do not understand the nuclear fuel is what state, as for the person who can say accurate thing because it is not in the world.”
- "Huge steam explosions" if nuclear fuel hits water... Just a matter of time before corium melts through Fukushima station: Former secretary of UK gov't committee (VIDEO)
- Yomiuri: Unknown how much nuclear fuel has melted through Fukushima reactors and 'dispersed' -- Questionable to assess that as nearly a 'cold shutdown'
- Top Japan Official: There have been various discussions on location of melted fuel -- We 'think' we are able to cool fuel inside primary containers and pressure vessels
Published: November 19th, 2011 at 2:16 pm ET
- ‘China Syndrome’? Former Japan Official: Underground rumblings heard in Fukushima plant area night of March 14, 2011 — “Caused by melted fuel underground” (VIDEO) June 22, 2012
- Japan Times article refers to possibility of fuel melting through containment vessels — Also known as ‘China Syndrome’ — Architect wants to build shrines over Fukushima units to “pacify a malevolent god” March 18, 2012
- Yomiuri on China Syndrome: Gov’t secretly figured out how far the melted fuel would burn through reactor pedestals — “Worst-possible scenario” October 16, 2011
- Time.com: China Syndrome “might just have happened at Fukushima” — Molten fuel may have “melted through everything into the earth” May 16, 2011
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima is a pretty close approximation of ‘The China Syndrome’; Melted fuel cores burned through containment vessels and material is below reactor structures mixing with groundwater — Essentially it’s a machine that’s washing radioactivity into the sea (AUDIO) November 4, 2014