Title: Japan earthquake and tsunami recovery still underway
Author: Brandie Piper
Date: 4:05 PM, Nov 8, 2012
[...] Some debris from near the fukushima nuclear plant is being hauled to other parts of the country, ground up into mulch and burned.
Officials say, the debris has not triggered any elevated radioactive readings.
Still, many don’t want potentially hazardous materials coming to their towns and cities. [...]
Watch: Police get rough with citizens at townhall meeting on burning debris -- Women scream as people forcibly removed from building after asking questions (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
Published: November 8th, 2012 at 8:55 pm ET
- Breaking: Nuclear fuel found “beneath containment vessel” at Fukushima plant? — Parts inside reactor “no longer there” — “Search barely begun for fuel that burned through” — Workers probe underwater below plant for molten cores (PICS & VIDEO) January 30, 2017
- Document shows nuclear fuel burned through bottom of containment vessel under Fukushima reactor — Official: Leakage we observed indicates melt-through by ‘shell attack’ — “This is a very big problem… fuel debris in the PCV is doing something bad” (VIDEO) July 13, 2015
- Video: Japan burning Fukushima debris — 10 miles from Daiichi nuke plant February 1, 2013
- TV: 50 billion pounds of Japan debris should reach West Coast beaches — Concern it “may contain radioactivity” — “Just a monstrous debris field coming our way” says oceanographer (VIDEO) December 19, 2011
- US Senator: Japan tsunami debris will be worst single pollution event to ever hit west coast of N. America, far exceeding Exxon Valdez — Raises radiation concerns during opening statement (VIDEO) May 18, 2012