Title: Japan Ghost Town
Author: Alex Zolbert
Date: December 23, 2012
Description: It’s an endless task cleaning the nuclear fallout at Japan’s Fukushima plant
At 2:30 in
Some question if this cleanup is really worth it.
Critics, including some academics in Japan, experts on radiation and nuclear energy, call efforts like these meaningless. Using high pressure hoses simply spreads the radiation.
Published: December 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 pm ET
- Radio: Experts warn ocean currents spreading Fukushima contamination across world — Official 4,000 miles away: Radiation in seafood imports increased noticeably; Time for all stakeholders to be on alert (AUDIO) December 27, 2013
- Top Nuclear Official: Japan in “desperate, seemingly endless battle with radiation” — “Seemingly infinite damage to the daily life of residents” November 12, 2012
- “Biggest radiological cleanup the world has ever seen” — Worker in Fukushima: “Radiation levels just won’t go down” (VIDEO) March 21, 2013
- Inside Evacuation Zone: Cattle sick, dying — “We call it Fukushima syndrome” — Severe diarrhea, skin problems, weakened immune systems October 8, 2012
- Japan TV broadcasts mutations in animals and plants after Fukushima — Scientist: “Very few insects, only 2 birds” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) December 4, 2012