Title: Japan Ghost Town
Author: Alex Zolbert
Date: December 23, 2012
Description: It’s an endless task cleaning the nuclear fallout at Japan’s Fukushima plant
At 2:30 in
Some question if this cleanup is really worth it.
Critics, including some academics in Japan, experts on radiation and nuclear energy, call efforts like these meaningless. Using high pressure hoses simply spreads the radiation.
Published: December 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 pm ET
- Engineer: Outright failures continue to plague Fukushima plant — “Public may think worst is over… Nothing could be further from the truth” — Japan TV: New method failing to stop flow of highly contaminated water — Experts: ‘Diluting’ radiation in ocean adds to danger; Spreading it out only makes health damages worse (VIDEO) January 12, 2015
- Japan TV: ‘Endless fight’ against radiation — Levels in home at 7,500% gov’t limit — ‘Shocking’ 62,700 Bq/kg of cesium in mushrooms… “They just stared at the numbers” — Retired Official: “This will taste great fried…When decontamination finished it will be safe for people to return” (VIDEO) May 5, 2014
- Top Nuclear Official: Japan in “desperate, seemingly endless battle with radiation” — “Seemingly infinite damage to the daily life of residents” November 12, 2012
- Japan TV broadcasts mutations in animals and plants after Fukushima — Scientist: “Very few insects, only 2 birds” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) December 4, 2012
- Inside Evacuation Zone: Cattle sick, dying — “We call it Fukushima syndrome” — Severe diarrhea, skin problems, weakened immune systems October 8, 2012