Title: Radioactive water leaking from Fukushima plant
Date: Aug 21, 2013
ERIN BURNETT, CNN HOST: Radiation at the Fukushima plant is not contained. Despite what we were told and assured, the alarming admission by officials about a house of horrors next. [...]
KYUNG LAH, CNN CORRESPONDENT: This is very serious for this particular agency, the Nuclear Regulation Authority. They don’t take these moves lightly. The fact they are moving it from a level one to a level three is very serious and important. And the global community should take note. They called the nuclear plant a house of horrors. So there is a ton of radioactive water being put into the ocean. It is very, very serious. [...]
BURNETT: You are talking about they are saying house of horrors. They are not prone to hyperbole. That, I mean, an unbelievable thing to say, radioactive water dumping into the Pacific Ocean. I mean, it sounds incredibly frightening. So how scared should people be?
BURNETT: Which is kind of amazing to see how horrible these things are, the fact there is a resiliency for this thing.
Published: August 22nd, 2013 at 12:03 pm ET
- Incredibly contaminated house dust nearly 100 miles from Fukushima Daiichi — Gundersen: We’re getting a lot of Japanese sending us their vacuum bags (VIDEO) July 8, 2012
- Reaction on Local News: “Everyone is on edge” around Illinois nuke plant — “My niece called and she told me to stay in the house, so that’s what I did” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) January 31, 2012
- Fukushima Farmer: Nuclear is the most terrible thing, people don’t realize how horrible and scary it is — Sending this to future generations is unbelievable — “I don’t want to be their guinea pig” — Mayor evacuated his own kids while trying to get families to stay, this is a significant crime (AUDIO) March 4, 2014
- Fox Business: Leading ‘pro-nuclear’ scientist admits our nuclear plants are “dangerous” and “error-prone” — Agrees we don’t even know true extent of Fukushima disaster or its impact (VIDEO) January 14, 2014
- CNN: Alarm due to radiation spike brings ’1st-of-its-kind’ response at US nuclear site — Inspections cancelled, no one able to enter facility due to ‘high radiation’ levels — Reuters: Plans got called off over ‘safety thing’ — Gov’t: ‘Pretty sure’ we know where leak is — Local TV calls it ‘emergency’ (VIDEO) February 17, 2014