UPDATE: ABC: 15 people may be missing from platform in Gulf -- "Oil sheen has spread over more than a 2-mile area" (VIDEO)
WDAM. 12:30p ET:
Kirk Trascher, Black Elk asset manager, told WAFB they “cannot confirm or deny anything at this time.” “We are assembling an incident command team right now,” Trascher said. Reports indicated an oil sheen could be seen on the water. But [USCG Capt. Peter Gautier] said it was not “a major oil spill response,” according to WWL.
WDSU, 12:03p ET:
- The men were being treated at West Jefferson Medical Center — three are suffering from critical injuries, spokeswoman Taslin Alfonzo told WDSU.
- Two people were confirmed dead and two more are reported to be missing, according to CNBC.
Published: November 16th, 2012 at 12:31 pm ET
- Coast Guard: Two workers missing from burning oil platform in Gulf — Four airlifted off November 13, 2012
- ABC: 15 people may be missing from platform in Gulf — “Oil sheen has spread over more than a 2-mile area” (VIDEO) November 16, 2012
- Dark substance covering water around oil platform that exploded in Gulf — Feds: “Sheen can be seen for miles” (VIDEO & PHOTO) November 17, 2012
- Feds: Oil could be leaking from platform that exploded in Gulf (VIDEO) November 16, 2012
- AP: Witnesses reported 2 explosions on platform in Gulf — Oil-storage tanks may have ignited — Work boots, hard hat found floating (VIDEO) November 17, 2012