Press Release: Markey, Waxman Press BP on Macondo Oil Slick
Date: Oct. 16, 2012
Ask for Underwater Rover Footage of Leak, Potential Size of Residual Spill
[...] Reps. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.) wrote BP to ask them about the plan approved by the U.S. Coast Guard to inspect the well site, the wreckage of the Deepwater Horizon, and the surrounding area.
[Also] what the size of the leak could be, if it is in fact coming from the sunken drill pipe, otherwise known as the riser; and to turn over any and all documents, maps, underwater rover footage, and any other materials related to this latest incident.
“This recent report of a new oil slick from the Deepwater Horizon’s riser raises questions about BP’s efforts to stem the long-term impacts of the 2010 oil spill” [...]
Published: October 16th, 2012 at 3:22 pm ET
- Oil reported at BP’s Macondo Well in Gulf could be coming from “fissures or cracks in sea floor” — NOAA covering up? October 4, 2012
- Washington Post: Persistent rumors on ‘blogs’ that BP’s oil continues to spew into Gulf — FSU Expert: May be freshly released from Macondo reservoir October 12, 2012
- Feds: Oil in Gulf leaking from BP’s containment dome, not Macondo well — Samples sent for matching analysis — Sea floor inspection for seepage NOT mentioned October 18, 2012
- US Congressman: We can only hope BP’s nightmare well in Gulf has not come back to life — No room for obfuscation, ‘Spillcam’ must return October 15, 2012
- *Confirmed* Gov’t: Oil reported in Gulf matches BP’s Macondo Well October 11, 2012